PDA

View Full Version : No season tickets for League Cup matches

Battery Rover
26/03/2007, 2:29 PM
This has just been posted on our official site www.athlonetownfc.com

ATHLONE TOWN have confirmed the details of their home eircom League of Ireland Cup First Round tie against Longford Town.

The game goes ahead in Athlone Town Stadium on Monday April 2nd. Kick-off has been set for 7:30pm.

As this competition now falls under the remit of the FAI, Season Tickets will NOT be accepted for this game. This decision is out of the control of Athlone Town FC.

Seems that season tickets are only valid for League games now. Will be even harder attract crowds to these games now as many season ticket holders will feel agrieved by this I am sure.

Dazzy
26/03/2007, 2:38 PM
Been like that here for the last few seasons.

OneRedArmy
26/03/2007, 3:05 PM
I'm confused.

The League also now falls under the remit of the FAI.....

Presumably the reason is actually something to do with shared gates rather than the FAI per se?

Block G Raptor
26/03/2007, 3:07 PM
It's been the case at Bohs for as long as I can remember

BohsPartisan
26/03/2007, 3:09 PM
It's been the case at Bohs for as long as I can remember

Cup games as far as semi finals used to be covered. Members voted a couple of years ago to change to League games only.

Dodge
26/03/2007, 3:24 PM
FAI Cup games haven't been covered in years but Pats allowed entry into League cup games up until last year (meybe even including last year)

I got into a Rovers v Pats league cup game in richmond with my Pats season ticket too a couple of years ago

Mr A
26/03/2007, 3:29 PM
Presumably the reason is actually something to do with shared gates rather than the FAI per se?

Unless it has changed since last year, the gates are not shared until the quarter final stage in any case.

Maybe gates are being split this season though?

Tis-smeee
26/03/2007, 3:50 PM
It was stopped a few years ago because one particular club screwed our club by announcing a really small attendance and claiming that the rest were season ticket holders, it was changed about 4 years ago