PDA

View Full Version : If we lose...

IsMiseSean
26/03/2007, 1:54 PM
Will that be the end of Stan & Robson?
Will it be the end for Delaney?
Will there be a chorus of boo's at full time?
Should we protest after the game, if so how?

Anyone??

Torn-Ado
26/03/2007, 2:08 PM
Will that be the end of Stan & Robson?
Will it be the end for Delaney?
Will there be a chorus of boo's at full time?
Should we protest after the game, if so how?

Anyone??

1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. Is thereany point?

kingp35
26/03/2007, 4:07 PM
No it wont be end of Stan or Delaney. They will limp on and contiue to do the **** poor job that they are doing at the moment.

Bald Student
26/03/2007, 4:17 PM
It won't be the end of Delaney in any case, there's noone to push him and he certainly won't jump.

I recon Stan could well step down, he really doesn't look comfortable.

I think the boos are a given if we lose.

RogerMilla
26/03/2007, 4:21 PM
unfortunately we didnt pump what was a very poor welsh team , a nice 4-0 hammering int he sun would have built stan a bit of good will , as it is he has it all to do again now against tougher opposition , i really hope we win , dont care how !

KoemansCC
26/03/2007, 4:56 PM
Agree that Stan might stand down if we lose, he looked rough at the pre-match press cons...looked like the strain was getting to him...

Message to Stan: Put your health before everything thing else...

Noelys Guitar
26/03/2007, 5:03 PM
I have slated Stan from before the Cyprus game. I posted on here that we would lose that game. And that Stan would never walk away. Now I must be the only person on here that believes we will win on Wednesday quite handily. I saw things in the match on Saturday that make me believe that Stan is at last getting SOME things right. The football was crap but I feel we are starting to play like a team again. I saw players really putting it in. I feel people are so hung up about the Cyprus and San Marino games that they can't see the improvement. Which is understandable because both those performances were a disgrace. I feel if Staunton can get us through Wednesday then the team will continue (slowly) to improve. The siege will end. You have to admire his neck for sticking it out. And he looked at lot more relaxed on Saturday than at any other time in his short reign. If we lose then alls bet off! But I really believe that all the critics are wrong this time and that you will see a good win on Wednesday night.

DeNiro
26/03/2007, 5:17 PM
I think you're right Noelys Guitar. I can see a freak set of results coming together and us being in contention. I know it sounds mad and I like Staunton no more than anyone else. However, I get the feeling something has changed somewhere. Maybe it's simply luck, but he got in San Marino and at home on saturday to a certain extent. Kerr was regarded by many as a 'lucky manager' but I felt he didn't have any in his reign. Maybe I'm wrong but there is something there that's making me think that he could really make the journalists eat humble pie.

IsMiseSean
26/03/2007, 7:42 PM
Noelys, deniro
I hope ye're right lads

Captain Tinrib
26/03/2007, 7:55 PM
I hope we lose on Weds if it means Laurel and Hardy get the boot, If England lost 5-2 to Cyprus would McClaren still be in charge? give Roy Keane the job, With Eamon Dunphy as his "Mentor" or what ever role they gave Sir Bobby,Now that would be interesting :)

KopKiller
26/03/2007, 8:53 PM
If we lose i think Stauton will go, i think he has had enough. He isnt the main problem, its not his fault he had no managerial experience before he got the job, its those f*ckin muppets in the FAI appointing him, taking the cheap option, as always, bunch of amateurs. I'll always think of Staunton as one of the best players we ever had, because he was brilliant, i just dont think he has what it takes to be ireland manager, i seriously doubt his tactics and as for his interviews, i feel embarrased for him sometimes.

Of course Ireland is bigger than any manager or player or fat cat in the FAI, so i hope we win to give ourselves a bit of pride for a few months and who knows what might happen between now and september, results have gone our way and if our players play aswell as they can, we are the 2nd best team in this group, and could qualify.

Paddy Garcia
26/03/2007, 9:48 PM
i think he has had enough. He isnt the main problem, its not his fault he had no managerial experience before he got the job, its those f*ckin muppets in the FAI appointing him, taking the cheap option, as always, bunch of amateurs.

Totally correct re-FAI. But is is also his fault that he accepted the role, in the full knowledge that he did not have the experience, skills or leadership qualities necessary.

If he really cared for his country he would have gone long ago. I was willing to give him a chance, but I could never have envisaged the number of basic mistakes he has made, compounded by poor judgement and lack of inspiration.

Qwerty
26/03/2007, 10:13 PM
I think it will take a really abject loss on Wed for Stan to be pushed out, I can't see him stepping down; I think he's FF.

craig7042
26/03/2007, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=DeNiro;652989]I think you're right Noelys Guitar. I can see a freak set of results coming together and us being in contention. I know it sounds mad and I like Staunton no more than anyone else. However, I get the feeling something has changed somewhere. Maybe it's simply luck, but he got in San Marino and at home on saturday to a certain extent. Kerr was regarded by many as a 'lucky manager' but I felt he didn't have any in his reign. Maybe I'm wrong but there is something there that's making me think that he could really make the journalists eat humble pie.[/QUOTE

Its good to see people being positive. In football there are moments when things change.... San Marino was a last minute goal that got everyone out of jail. It wasnt actually a lose even though it felt like it. Same with wales. It was good result given the pressure.

I do agree that a lose against Slovakia would be bad. There will be boos in that scenario and it would definately put Stan in trouble. It would confirm the view that things are inconsistent.

However, I'm not convinced we will lose, and I dearly hope we win... The fans will still cheer anything positive which is an incredible thing given how a lot of people feel.

It wouldnt take much for me to buy into the view that Stan will do an alex ferguson and survive the sack and go on to good things......The winner in San Marino and the result against Wales.....neither of them might have happened....

sligoman
26/03/2007, 11:55 PM
We will boo but can't see Stan leaving, unless he gets the boot. Same with Delaney, although not sure if he can be given the boot?:confused:

drinkfeckarse
27/03/2007, 7:57 AM
I have a feeling we'll win on Wednesday but I can't see Stan or Delaney leaving even if we lost badly. Both are too stubborn it seems or they'd have gone after the Cyprus or San Marino disasters.

aidz1
27/03/2007, 8:01 AM
I hope we lose on Weds if it means Laurel and Hardy get the boot, If England lost 5-2 to Cyprus would McClaren still be in charge? give Roy Keane the job, With Eamon Dunphy as his "Mentor" or what ever role they gave Sir Bobby,Now that would be interesting :)

makes me proud to be an irish suporter when someone like you about... :(
hope that we lose???? ffs a win would at least carry us forward to autumn with a slight chance of competing for 2nd place...
who cares about pomme land. this is the irish thread...

this celtic tiger has a lot to answer for with the spoiled attitude (and the bloody extortinate price of tickets)...we got to work hard to create an atmosphere and give the team some time..

get behind the team on wednesday night...and enough of this booing lark, save it for your other childish xfactor/big brother bullsh1t..

Lionel Ritchie
27/03/2007, 8:53 AM
I think we'll lose to Slovakia but Stan won't quit and the FAI won't fire him.

People said a better team than Wales would've beaten us on Saturday - I reckon a better Wales team, with all their lads available, wouldve beaten us on Saturday.

I think those improvements, few that they are, that are evident are coming from the players up -not from Stan down.

Put another way and to repeat myself from last November -Anything we get out of this group of games will more likely be in spite of him than because of him.

Dawn_Run
27/03/2007, 9:00 AM
Totally correct re-FAI. But is is also his fault that he accepted the role, in the full knowledge that he did not have the experience, skills or leadership qualities necessary.

If he really cared for his country he would have gone long ago. I was willing to give him a chance, but I could never have envisaged the number of basic mistakes he has made, compounded by poor judgement and lack of inspiration.

Would you give Staunton a job anywhere after this last fiasco? Seriously like - i dont know how the lad is going to get a job even outside football after this!