PDA

View Full Version : Cityitus Explained...

Peadar
13/01/2003, 7:11 PM
...well discussed at least.
Look here (http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/News/Kind=8192/newsId=49611.html)

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 3:00 PM
So you obviously aren't one of those who think a brainless, inept manager handicapped by a secere lack of balls on the road is City's problem?

Murphy Out Now!!!:mad:

pete
16/01/2003, 3:42 PM
I said as much a while back ;)

from that link:

"Players are used to playing in their own environment and have a far better feeling about playing on their ground," he said. "At home, you don't have the hassle of travelling, and the support is your own, which stimulates the team in terms of noise and encouragement. Players can become intimidated when they go to play at Manchester United or Celtic [FC], for example, and sometimes those teams win games in the first 20 minutes. The crowd noise is so overwhelming that visiting teams are swept away."

In home crowd terms you could say city are the Merchandiser of the eL.

Aside from the manager issue city just are not used to playing in front of crowds less than a couple of thousand. Citys best results away from home have been at O2 Park, the Brandywell, Dalymount etc..., all grounds with reasonable support or good atmospheres. Poor resulst have been at Richmond Park v Rover, Belfield & Tolka.

City just don't like playing in front of 2 men & a dog crowds at those places.

:D

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by pete
I Aside from the manager issue city just are not used to playing in front of crowds less than a couple of thousand. Citys best results away from home have been at O2 Park, the Brandywell, Dalymount etc..., all grounds with reasonable support or good atmospheres. Poor resulst have been at Richmond Park v Rover, Belfield & Tolka.
City just don't like playing in front of 2 men & a dog crowds at those places.
:D

All of which shouldn't matter to essentially professional players. Not that I'm dragging up the sordid recent past, but, a leaf could be taken out of Roy Keane's book. Noone could ever accuse him of not being up for a game no matter how crap the crowd, stadium, atmosphere etc.

Murphy Out Now!!!