View Full Version : Rico

Neil
13/01/2003, 7:02 PM
Over on eL forum:
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=91456&messageid=1042478116

Please be true!

patsh
13/01/2003, 7:06 PM
What did I tell you ?? See My Rumour !! (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&postid=36980#post36980) :D :D :D

Peadar
13/01/2003, 7:18 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Please be true!

Well he is popular on Leeside.
I imagine he would also be a better man to attract non-Munster players down to Cork.

James
13/01/2003, 7:19 PM
apparently not so popular with the cork city chairman though afaiik

Neil
13/01/2003, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by James
apparently not so popular with the cork city chairman though afaiik
Is that fact or just a second hand story with arms and legs?

James
13/01/2003, 7:37 PM
well fact in so far as thats what he told me
whether he was lying to me or not now is another story :D

Pablo
15/01/2003, 2:15 PM
Please god let it be true! I always rated him as a manager and he always had time for supporters.

Éanna
15/01/2003, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
Please god let it be true! I always rated him as a manager and he always had time for supporters.
ah well, even if he´s a disaster we´ll have more interesting programme notes to read :eek: :D

yan
15/01/2003, 4:23 PM
ANYBODY WOULD BE BETTER THAN MURPHY

AT LEAST RICO HAS AMBITION, THATS WHY HE LEFT RVRS, HE WANTED THEM TO BE FULL TIME WITH SHELD AND BOHS AND THERE CHAIRMAN DIDNT AGREE,

IF LENNOX WANTS US TO BE FULL TIME ID SAY RICO-NO BETTER BUACHAILL

CAN WE START A PETITION OR VOTE OR SOMETHING TO SHOW WE WANT A DIFFERNET MANGER PLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

James
15/01/2003, 4:26 PM
no need to shout yan :)

pete
15/01/2003, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
ah well, even if he´s a disaster we´ll have more interesting programme notes to read :eek: :D

Yup, even if Ricos team were crap he'd be able to convince you they playing great football.

Maybe Rico is the charismatic ambitious manager that Lennox needs to be the public face of his own ambitions for the club? I don't know if Rico the best option but the last time he left city he had possibly the best team i've seen in for city & we were top fot he league & in the league cup final.

patsh
15/01/2003, 6:22 PM
This "rumour" was confirmed today to a close relative of mine by a current City team member!
So it really may be about to come true......:D

Sid
15/01/2003, 9:57 PM
Rico are yea mad. He spent a lot of money with Rovers last season (well for the Eircom League) and did absolutely nothing. That hammering by Dundalk was a shambles. He may have the gift of gab but i would rather keep going with a team of young Cork players than going back to the days of Bishoptown. If Murphy goes we need someone better.

RICO OUT

Neil
15/01/2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
This "rumour" was confirmed today to a close relative of mine by a current City team member!
So it really may be about to come true......:D
Are you pulling the p!ss oddboy? Don't mess with things like this!!!

Colm
15/01/2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
So it really may be about to come true......:D Don't joke about something like this!!!
Please please tell me your not joking and that what you said is true.

patsh
16/01/2003, 8:32 AM
I'm not joking Colm or Neil. I can't say whether the player was taking the p*ss or not, but his exact words when asked, as reported to me, were
"as far as I know, it's near to being a done deal "
I can't vouch for the player, but I do trust the person who told me.
I suppose you will crucify me if I turn out to be wrong, but I will probably do it to myself in that case.... :(