PDA

View Full Version : Wexford Youths V Limerick 37 - 01/04/07

Pages : [1] 2

Tazskool
26/03/2007, 8:32 AM
Well its the battle of the newboys in the league..

With an impressive start from both clubs it will be a good contest to see who comes out on top.

I hope the Youths bounce back after last weeks hard game against a title challenging team and produce the football they have shown in the last few matches.

Prediction: 2-2

Piltownpossy
27/03/2007, 7:30 AM
3 o'clock k.oI take it.

Bit of confusion over the Cobh game last time around

Thunder-WYFC
27/03/2007, 9:40 AM
Atm its still 2.30

Wexford Rules
27/03/2007, 2:59 PM
I have been told that the match has been changed to Saturday Mar 31st at 5pm as its too close to the Waterford match on Monday. Can anyone confirm?

Thunder-WYFC
27/03/2007, 3:04 PM
Not too sure but this would be a crackin time and would attract an even bigger crowd than the Cobh game because it wouldn't clash with the GAA on Sunday.I'd imagine we'll find out tomorrow in the People

brokenstar
27/03/2007, 3:12 PM
they really need to get the website up and running to deal with these kinds of querys, 'cos we all wanna know. It'd make sense to move the fixture though

Thunder-WYFC
27/03/2007, 3:15 PM
I've sent an e-mail asking when the website will be up and running but no reply as of yet.Taz had been told last Monday that it would be up and running in about a weeks time so hopefully it will be ready before the weekend.

Wexford Rules
27/03/2007, 3:17 PM
I have now just been told that the match has been changed back to Sunday at 3-30pm as we did not apply for the fixture change in time

Thunder-WYFC
27/03/2007, 3:19 PM
Well now thats gonna lose support as the hurlers are on at 3.30 I think,that just shows a little un-professionalism from the club!

Tazskool
27/03/2007, 3:31 PM
I have been checking to see if the site is "live" everyday...

I still am of the understanding they have more important things to get right before the site... I can see their views...

Patitence is a virtue and Rome wasn't built in a day

At the end of the day I just am still riding the Wexford Wave and will look forward to the site being live like everyone is...

If anyone wants to pick up an extra program from this weekends match please feel free and if they then fancy posting it to me I will be so greatful
Also let me know how much I owe for the Program and postage!! :)

As for fixture times.. bear with them as the FAI rules have to be new to everyone at Wexford ...and give them time to get used to them :)

Thunder-WYFC
27/03/2007, 3:39 PM
Programs are €3 at all the Wexford games!

Lim till i die
27/03/2007, 9:13 PM
So does anyone want to confirm once and for all when the match is on

We're supposed to be running a bus boys and girls :rolleyes:

Thunder-WYFC
27/03/2007, 9:17 PM
We'll find out tomorrow in the paper!

Lim till i die
27/03/2007, 10:07 PM
We'll find out tomorrow in the paper!

Are ye actually happy with that small time frankly $hite set up??

It's the Tuesday night before your next home game and you don't know when it's on :rolleyes:

Monkfish
27/03/2007, 11:02 PM
Lads, that clubhouse of yours, does it have alcohol dispensing capabilities?
If not where is the nearist?

Thunder-WYFC
28/03/2007, 8:59 AM
Well it does sell alcohol but you might have to be invited in there.

Kick off has been confirmed for 3.30 on Sunday the 1st of April,hope thats ok and yas can get a good following down!

Thunder-WYFC
28/03/2007, 9:02 AM
If not where is the nearist?

Ferrycarrig Hotel is across the road before you turn off for the ground!

thomas72
28/03/2007, 9:31 AM
Well now thats gonna lose support as the hurlers are on at 3.30 I think,that just shows a little un-professionalism from the club!

why are ye going to lose support the wexford hurlers are worse than yer soccer team :D

Sunny Jim
28/03/2007, 10:01 AM
Until the Wexford hurlers lose at home to Dublin, I think you would do well to button it. Anyway, back to the football. Anyone know if Jason Russell's injury was serious? Will he be playing on Sunday?

passinginterest
28/03/2007, 10:15 AM
I had heard he broke a toe so if that's the case he be out for a while.

I think Limerick will be too strong for us an I'd say 0-2 is the likely result.
The squad is just not strong enough to deal with the amount of injuries at the moment.

ForzaWexford
28/03/2007, 10:23 AM
The sooner we get floodlights and move to Friday night ko's the better, because Sundays are always going to clash with Gaelic matches....

Looking forward to this game. Hopefully the home crowd will help the lads up their performance from last weekend!

brokenstar
28/03/2007, 11:21 AM
Speaking to some of the lads after the Cobh game, they said that the home support really got the adrenaline pumping and they were really up for the game. Hopefully we'll get a repeat performance and we'll give Limerick a run for their money

Tazskool
28/03/2007, 11:42 AM
In the intreview Mick said it will take another 2 years before the facilities are exactly as planned...

Also with everything they have to do and get used to expect a few hiccups along the way and matches scheduled at weird times...

I do think the home crowds are bigger than first thought.. and I really do hope they carry on bringing 2000+ into the ground... Isnt that close to best of the First Div crowds?

thomas72
28/03/2007, 1:25 PM
ya but we know our hurlers are harmless ye actually think wexford have a good hurling team.

whats yer injury update ahead of sunday?
ye have to remember limerick37 is also a new club and only had about 2 weeks to assemble a squad and if you look up my post about the kildare match we played last week you will see what i think about or team. we cant pass the ball 3 or 4 passes and we give it away or back line is solid or midfield is poor we have one avarage striker or keeper is v poor i thought it was ronan o gara in goals at one stage he kept kicking to touch of coarse its my opinion. limerick wont finish higher than mid table BUT i think well i hope the club is finally been run the correct way and alot of progress has been made off the pitch now we have to wait until june for the transfer market is reopened so we can get a few quality players in next season limerick37 will be v strong not this season im afraid

brokenstar
28/03/2007, 5:47 PM
I had heard he broke a toe so if that's the case he be out for a while.

this is true

Monkfish
28/03/2007, 9:09 PM
Well it does sell alcohol but you might have to be invited in there.

Kick off has been confirmed for 3.30 on Sunday the 1st of April,hope thats ok and yas can get a good following down!

Invited? have ye nick leeson and micheal d as residents aswell as galway? thanks for the info im sure if we've time we'll chance the hotel.

passinginterest
29/03/2007, 10:16 AM
Invited? have ye nick leeson and micheal d as residents aswell as galway? thanks for the info im sure if we've time we'll chance the hotel.

As far as I'm aware the Cobh fans were given access to the clubhouse before the game.

I'm sure the club would accomodate you especially as it's the official supporters club. If you contact them in advance they'd let you know. The email address is in the info section.

Piltownpossy
29/03/2007, 10:36 AM
Doubt I'll head to the Sunday game lads, having been to the 2 Ireland games this week and then Youths playing Waterford on Monday night. Only so much driving I can be doing...

I still think thats crazy playing 2 games in 2 days.

Would love the site to be up, would love jerseys and tops to buy

Gwan de Yoots!

:D

Lim till i die
30/03/2007, 3:13 PM

Invited?!

No thanks codology of Galway United proportions

My bag of cans will do just fine :)

ForzaWexford
30/03/2007, 6:18 PM
I reckon away supporters would be accomodated in the clubhouse if they asked but I doubt there'll be any drink up there apart from a wine reception type thingy anyways, like at the Cobh match.

Monkfish
30/03/2007, 9:55 PM
I reckon away supporters would be accomodated in the clubhouse if they asked but I doubt there'll be any drink up there apart from a wine reception type thingy anyways, like at the Cobh match.

Hmmmm that hotel just got better! only joking lads, its not like we've anything to boast of in our clubhouse!!!

DRDoc
30/03/2007, 10:01 PM
I heard Russell is out also

Anyone else def missing?

fc hammer
30/03/2007, 11:23 PM

A nice drop of wine will be nice , thank you very much, get the old vocal cords going ... come on you blues .:)

brokenstar
31/03/2007, 10:21 PM
I heard Russell is out also

Anyone else def missing?

Yeah, Russell is out with a broken toe for sure. I've heard a few of the lads missing from the opening games through injury are in contention for the squad tomorrow.

Thunder-WYFC
01/04/2007, 9:40 AM
Well me usual post on the morning of the game!!!The weather's much better today than the Cobh game so hopefully a few more wil show.I'm certain we'll get 2000+ again today.

Mick Wallaces black+white army!

brokenstar
01/04/2007, 11:01 AM
Nice one Thunder! Can't make it meself today, but the weather for a good game couldn't be better. Post some approx attendance figures after the match eh? I'd say there'll be a fair size crowd there again today.

Good luck to the Youths!

Thunder-WYFC
01/04/2007, 12:22 PM
Well were garunteed 500 in the Complex I'd say +1000 seats WILL be filled no doubt!

Tazskool
01/04/2007, 4:28 PM
RESULT!!!!!

In the battle of the new boys.. its 1-1

Goldbey opened the scoring for Limerick 37 on the 72nd minute and
Kelly scored for Wexford Youths in the 79th minute...

Once again lads.. well done!!! A point is a good thing.. :)

Philly
01/04/2007, 4:48 PM
Good crowd? You guys will have a field-day against KCFC next week, with the way Ryan has us at the moment...

brokenstar
01/04/2007, 6:54 PM
Kelly scored a screamer from 25 metres out. That's more points in the bag for us. Well done to the lads. Match report is on Aertel

Piltownpossy
01/04/2007, 7:23 PM
Any word on the attendance lads?

Tazskool
01/04/2007, 7:29 PM
Report from irishfootballonline.com
---------------

The League of Ireland's two newest clubs - Wexford Youths and Limerick 37 - played out a 1-1 draw at the Wexford Youths football complex this afternoon. The results sees Dundalk left with a four point lead at the top after four rounds of games.

Former Limerick FC player Conor Sinnott crashed an effort against the post for Wexford while Padraig Moran didn't miss by much with a shot for the visitors in the first period.

Limerick took the lead on 72 minutes when Dave Goldbey bundled the ball home after goalkeeper Shane Dunphy pushed away an initially dangerous free kick floated in by Ross Cosgrave.

The lead lasted only seven minutes as Wexford responded to going behind. Jason Murphy created the chance a weak attempted clearance from Limerick fell invitingly into the path of Martin Kelly who fired home a curling shot from outside the box to earn a point for the home side.

Wexford Youths : Dunphy, Russell, Larkin, Lawlor (Wadding 53), Sinnott, Kelly, Flynn-O'Connor (J Murphy 65), O'Loughlin, O'Leary (G Murphy 87), Malone, Brosnan.
Limerick 37 : Fyffe, Keady, Buckley, Finucane, Purcell, Molan (Hayes 65), Maloney, Waters, Cosgrave, Goldbey, Moran.

dublin_owl
01/04/2007, 8:57 PM
Any word on the attendance lads?

My sister was there and reckons there was about the same as at the Cobh game! :)

passinginterest
01/04/2007, 9:02 PM
My dad was there said around same as Cobh maybe a little less.

Said it was a good game Wexford played well and deserved the draw.
Delighted to take a point to be honest becuase Limerick have been in great form.

Thunder-WYFC
01/04/2007, 9:08 PM
Great day out,place errupted after Kelly's goal.Dampner on the day for me was when I stood up to tell the ref what I thaught of him and some lad tiped me on the shoulder saying ''I don't like your language''.Got annoyed and told him where to go but I couldn't repeat what I said to him!

brokenstar
01/04/2007, 9:28 PM
Hope you told him where to go Thunder. What a tosser. It's a football game for f*ck sake!! This is pride and passion at stake. Dunno how you didn't slap him. I would have. C*nt.

On another note, Stuart Lawlor will be out for the next few games i heard. Apparent groin strain. Went off in the 53rd min. Hopefully not too serious, but will miss tomorrow night and more than likely Kildare too. Sad really 'cos he's been a solid performer so far this season. That's 2 injuries in as many weeks 'cos Russell was injured last week. I wish them well.

Good point today lads, but we should push for more against Kildare next Sun.

Thunder-WYFC
01/04/2007, 9:38 PM
Heres what happened:

Chap-I don't like your language so stop!

Me-I can say whatever the **** I want in here its a match!

Chap-No you can't,go over there and say it!

Me-No I ****ing won't,I'm staying here ya spa!

He then shut his gob.

Footsoldier
01/04/2007, 10:04 PM
You should have told him to fcuk off to Wexford Park if he wanted to watch a game without getting excited!
That really does annoy me about a lot of Wexford people in general. Too embarressed to make any noise.
And another thing, Who was the auld dear on the tannoy and why was she only given 1 CD? It only happened to be the most depressing collection of songs ever! I had a few out in the car that I could have given her!!

Ok, rant over, unless we start discussing people's innability to indicate on roundabouts!! :)

new blue
01/04/2007, 10:44 PM
You lads need to expand your vocabularies and you wouldn't need to resort to such one-dimensinal crap!

Piltownpossy
02/04/2007, 7:27 AM
from RTE....

1500 there...

Marty Kelly with a stunning 79th minute strike helped Wexford Youths to a share of the eircom League of Ireland Division One points with Limerick 37 in a 1-1 draw at Wexford Youths Complex this afternoon.

After a first half in which the strong crossfield wind played havoc with both sides, leaving the sides going in 0-0 at the break, that said, the second half showed a huge improvement.

Wexford Youths applied the pressure during the opening thirty minutes coming close to taking the lead after twenty-eight minutes when Conor Sinnott saw his effort rebound off the upright with keeper Jimmy Fyffe well beaten.

The game was delicately poised with both sides being very effective in midfield.

The visitors had a real chance of taking the lead five minute before the break but Padraig Moran saw his shot just rise over Shane Dunphy's crossbar much to the delight of the home support in the 1500 attendance.

Limerick 37 seemed to regroup taking a deserved lead after seventy-two minutes.

Ross Cosgrave floated in a freekick, which deflected off the head of Wexford's Conor Sinnott.

With the ball looking destined for the net keeper Shane Dunphy managed to push clear with one hand but David Goldbey was on hand to head the ball back into the roof of the net.

Pat Purcell had a chance of increasing Limerick's lead but saw his header from Padraig Moran's corner-kick just go over the top as the homeside struggled to deal with the set pieces.

Both sides had some half chances with Wexford Youth beginning to respond.

Conor Sinnott started to dictate play in midfield and twice came close to setting up his front players as Limerick seemed content to protect their single goal lead.

But it was a Sinnott pass into the path of substitute Jason Murphy whose low cross was only partially cleared by the Limerick defence with Marty Kelly curling a tremendous twenty-five metre effort to the right hand corner of Jimmy Fyffe's net to give his side a share of the points.

Wexford Youths: Shane Dunphy, anthony russell, Garrett Larkin, Stuart Lawlor (Joey Wadding 53), Conor Sinnott, Marty Kelly, Johnny Flynn-O'Connor (Jason Murphy 65). Liam O'Loughlin, Johnny O'Leary (Gary Murphy 87), Paul malone, Ben Brosnan.

Limerick 37: Jimmy Fyffe, Nigel Keady, Brian Buckley, Paul Finucane, Pat Purcell, Conor Molan (Anthony Hayes 65), Joey Maloney, Kevin Waters, Ross Cosgrave, David Goldbey, Padraig Moran.

Referee: Graham Kelly (Cork).