Francis 2

:(

James
13/01/2003, 6:53 PM
lol getting some right funny txt messages from the match

deccie aint playing also by the way

still down 1-0 sean francis after 1 min
some *shock horror* bad defending

gunther is sporting a new hat also.. its red :)

eoinh
13/01/2003, 6:54 PM
half-time 1-0 to longford:mad:

James
13/01/2003, 6:54 PM
wonder is the murphy out banner gona make an appearance :D

James
13/01/2003, 7:04 PM
"city r playing ****. only good point is deccie was dropped"

nice one colm :)

razor
13/01/2003, 7:44 PM
Anyone got the line up ?
Times running out fast

5 mins or so, still 1 down

eoinh
13/01/2003, 7:45 PM
latest still one nil down with 5 mins

James
13/01/2003, 7:46 PM
lol no lineup as of yet. all i know is deccie was dropped.
awaiting full time score

James
13/01/2003, 7:48 PM
longford diving all over the play :D *apparently*

city gone 3-4-3 for last few mins but nothing happening

Neil
13/01/2003, 7:54 PM
1-0 Longford

RESULT

James
13/01/2003, 7:56 PM
conor o grady also limped off towards the end of the match

eoinh
13/01/2003, 7:57 PM
****e, we need to win our last two matchs and hope rovers slip up to qualify for europe:mad:

James
13/01/2003, 7:58 PM
can i be the first to say

Murphy OUT :D

eoinh
13/01/2003, 8:00 PM
Longford now preserve their premier place.
Longford also had a goal disallowed.
woods should have scored
cork all over longford from the 60 th minute

James
13/01/2003, 8:03 PM
yeah apparently one of the 'better' away displays this season
if you could call losing 1-0 to one of the worse teams in the league as being 'better'

very very very disapointing

razor
13/01/2003, 8:08 PM
Emily Bishop murdered and now this,

I can't go on.........

James
13/01/2003, 8:10 PM
i thought emily escaped like ??
proof (http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4574)

must be true if its on the PROC site ;)

Neil
13/01/2003, 8:14 PM
Text saying Rennie, Greg, Murray and Flynny "played well". The rest were "sh!t". That's the interTOTO place out the window but at least we have a trip to Longford next season!

MURPHY SIDEWAYS.

Peadar
13/01/2003, 8:18 PM
Originally posted by razor
Emily Bishop murdered and now this,

I can't go on.........

She survives and Dirty Dick gets killed.
It was in the Mirror today.

Dr.Nightdub
13/01/2003, 11:02 PM
Peadar, don't forget it's 1-1 in the "Ha ha!" stakes. Expect a text on Friday night! :D

Xlex
14/01/2003, 8:22 AM
Originally posted by James
if you could call losing 1-0 to one of the worse teams in the league as being

We took 7 outta 9 of ya.... lovin it...

BTW only for an unexplainable home form you'd be in trouble....

razor
14/01/2003, 8:24 AM
And only for our unexplainable away form you'd be in trouble.

Xlex
14/01/2003, 8:34 AM
and only for you nicknamed him JOFY, he'd be a legend....

razor
14/01/2003, 8:38 AM
Its a Cork thing, you wouldn't understand.

Macy
14/01/2003, 8:47 AM
if you could call losing 1-0 to one of the worse teams in the league as being 'better'

very very very disapointing

F*ck off - we're only a place below ye..... As Xlex says 7 points from 9! Can we play you every week?

:D

green-blood
14/01/2003, 9:08 AM
so 11 hoops only managed a draw, but one true hoop beat yis back to your hovel....yesss..

looking forward to your AWAY game in Dublin on Friday night lads eh!!!!

patsh
14/01/2003, 9:49 AM
Originally posted by green-blood
so 11 hoops only managed a draw, but one true hoop beat yis back to your hovel....yesss..

looking forward to your AWAY game in Dublin on Friday night lads eh!!!!
Isn't amazing how quickly the maggots come crawling out of the woodwork?:rolleyes:

Gary
14/01/2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
and only for you nicknamed him JOFY, he'd be a legend....

Whats a JoFy?

Seriously though, 6 points from a possible 36. Thast pathetic/ At this point Id say the team feel beaten before they even get on board the bus.

Okay, iit was said we played well last night. So bloody what. How many times have Bohs/Shels played crap this season and still got three points. Thats the sign of a good team. Thereare no points for a good effort.

I cant see us take anything from Pats either Friday, as they still need the points to ensure they aint in the play-off.

What are the bets on another 4-1??

Macy
14/01/2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by GWA
I'd say you'd get good odds on that, if last Friday was anything to go by.... Pats are sh!te...

Dolo must stay! :D

green-blood
14/01/2003, 10:36 AM
'tis only football....

when we stuff Derry and yee lose AWAY to Pats it'll be all over....I hada great time in Cork over the weekend, lots of lafs with the locals, so drop the rediculous "scum" crap...

Xlex
14/01/2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
Isn't amazing how quickly the maggots come crawling out of the woodwork?:rolleyes:

ridiculous, immature and desperate...

:rolleyes:

patsh
14/01/2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
ridiculous, immature and desperate...

:rolleyes:
Enough about yourself, do you have something to say to me?

brandywellpride
14/01/2003, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by green-blood
'tis only football....

when we stuff Derry and yee lose AWAY to Pats it'll be all over....I hada great time in Cork over the weekend, lots of lafs with the locals, so drop the rediculous "scum" crap...

Keep hoping Greenblood!

Derry almost back to full strength for the 1st time this season.

We're even bringing out the cup to rub your nose's in it :)

pete
14/01/2003, 3:18 PM
I expect it to rain in Cork but why is it always drizzling at Flancare??? I think ye should seriously thing of buying some plastic sheet to put across the far side of the stand to protect from the rain & wind.

Disappointing to see the Flancare pitch look so bad last night as usually one of the best surfaces in the league.

I know de town needed knew that 3 points would mean Premier division football next season but dragging the ball down to the corner flag with over 10mins to go was a bit much.

City hardly deserved much out of the game bit i thought the ref had an extremely poor game. I couldn't tell if some of the incidences were fouls or dives but how can a ref who sighnal sto a play that he dived not book the player??????????

I am amazed the Town no.8 did not receive at least a yellow car for the incident with Reynolds. Reynolds did swing an elbow but the ref was right next to it so either
- Reynolds connected & gets red card.
- Town player dived/simulated injury so gets yellow card.
Is that not obvious to every one else???

:confused:

Similar incident in the 2nd half & ref waved play on & gave no card to the diver - IMO this one was a clear dive.

IMO the worst refs are the ones that chicken out of the decisions.

:(

Macy
14/01/2003, 3:32 PM
Pete, nice to see you taking defeat so well.... The drizzle, time wasting, state of the pitch, the ref - anymore excuses you'd like to add? :rolleyes:

pete
14/01/2003, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Pete, nice to see you taking defeat so well.... The drizzle, time wasting, state of the pitch, the ref - anymore excuses you'd like to add? :rolleyes:

Dunno, might add the unorganised queue for the shop mean couldn't get some energy food to survive the 2nd half ;)

btw nice to see no comments on the diving :eek:

Macy
14/01/2003, 3:58 PM
Oh yeah forgot that.... ;)

joe
14/01/2003, 4:58 PM
conor o grady also limped off towards the end of the match

correction - Conor O'Grady spent injury time limping around the semi-circle despite that City had only used two subs. Admitedly we would have only been able to bring on a defender (Daly or Cronin) or a goalkeeper (Mooney), but at least we would have had 11 players

Colm
14/01/2003, 5:16 PM
It was quite a poor game with City having very few chances. IMO, the only 4 players who made any bit of effort were Greg, Flynny, Murray and Reynolds- none of the others seemed to want to be on the pitch.

There has been a lot of talk about Billy Woods of late and last night he had yet another terrible game. In fact it was one of the worst games I have seen him play, everytime he got the ball he lost it straight away. He should be rested for the remaining two games and Warren should replace him.

Also, it seemed strange to have 3 defenders on the bench. Anyone know where Warren was?I thought he played well on friday and then he isnt even on the bench last night!
:confused:

pete
14/01/2003, 5:43 PM
For anyone who missed it the team was:

Devine:
Greg, Bennet, Murray, Hoggie
Colin T, Reynolds, O'Grady, Billy
George, O'Flynn

Subs: Mooney, Daly, Cronin, Carey, Colin P

Colin T spend a lot of the first halkf wide on the right but for some strange reason city players wouldn't pass to him. He was replaced by Carey at ht with greg back up to midfield. Murphy went for unorthodox 343 when Colin P came on with Bennet pushed into midfield for Reynolds (Liam must not like plays putting their foot on the ball & trying to pass).

Probably must gutsy away performance by city all season. Billy got a lot of the ball in the 1st half but in fairness to him was hard to cross the ball with strong wind behind him. I can only assume Warren was injured as strange he not even made the bench.

Murray was great once again & firm summer pitches would really suit him next season. O'Flynn did a lot of work & Greg his usual combative self. I was amazed to see Rennie subbed when could clearly be seen at that satge Billy was losing heart.

btw i predict Deccie be back for friday.

Sporting his new hat i thought Liam was actually giving the players some direction but i then realised he just retrieving the ball. :eek:

SSS
14/01/2003, 7:57 PM
Warren had a "bug".

Good to see DD dropped, but why didn't he also drop O'Grady....

niamh
15/01/2003, 12:32 PM
Prob cause Bennett was at centre half and Greg at full back, so he had no other options.
It was one of the better away performances though....and that's not saying much.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by GWA
I cant see us take anything from Pats either Friday, as they still need the points to ensure they aint in the play-off.

Given what's at stake for Pat's and our away form, quite good I'd say. I even have €5 on it with Cashman's. Nah, seriously I don't, but, I can't see City getting anything out of it. Rovers would then only need a point to make sure of Europe and, hopefully, Gunther's P45.

Murphy Out Now!!!