PDA

View Full Version : How the mighty have fallen!!

scoops85
25/03/2007, 9:51 PM
well i just cant hold the joy back any longer

1 Dundalk 3 3 0 0 7 / 3 9
2 Athlone Town 3 2 1 0 7 / 1 7
3 Limerick 37 3 2 1 0 5 / 1 7
4 Wexford Youths 3 1 1 1 3 / 5 4
5 Finn Harps 3 1 0 2 4 / 5 3
6 Kilkenny City 3 1 0 2 3 / 5 3
7 Cobh Ramblers 3 1 0 2 1 / 3 3
8 Kildare County 3 0 2 1 3 / 5 2
9 Monaghan United 3 0 2 1 3 / 5 2
10 Shelbourne 3 0 1 2 3 / 6 1

:eek: :D

Philly
25/03/2007, 9:54 PM
Some day you could well end up in that very situation, and I'm sure you wouldn't really appreciate some fan of a "big club" gleefully having a laugh at your expense.

I can't blame Shels fans for growing weary of Foot.ie.

scoops85
25/03/2007, 10:00 PM
im sorry for enjoying the demise of our rivals

BohsPartisan
25/03/2007, 10:22 PM

Don't mind him, I enjoyed your post immensly! :D

kdjaC
25/03/2007, 10:25 PM

Dont be tbh, i still hear "10-0 to the refugees" and Shels fans gonna hear "never shelegated" for a long long time.

Its part of our job spec as fans to abuse each other.

kdjac

Philly
25/03/2007, 10:45 PM
Well somebody has to stick up for the poor guys!

LeixlipRed
25/03/2007, 11:48 PM
If you turn that table upside down you'll clearly see we're winning. Hold on a sec, think aertel just did that..... :D

A face
26/03/2007, 12:30 AM
Some day you could well end up in that very situation, and I'm sure you wouldn't really appreciate some fan of a "big club" gleefully having a laugh at your expense.

I can't blame Shels fans for growing weary of Foot.ie.

Agreed totally with that, no club is a million miles away from it.

Pablo Escobar
26/03/2007, 8:55 AM
Well somebody has to stick up for the poor guys!

Pun inteded??? :D

Philly
26/03/2007, 11:14 AM
No pun intended actually, nicely spotted.

In all fairness though, Shels won't be there for long, that's a given.

OneRedArmy
26/03/2007, 11:24 AM

In all fairness though, Shels won't be there for long, that's a given.Why is it a given?

Can't imagine they'll become a force again until finances and a new home are sorted.

Your posts above about it happening to anyone neglect to point out that it pretty much has happened to every club in the past, the difference being that those clubs had a dedicated fanbase who were willing to invest/volunteer in their club to turn things around. This would appear not to be the case (with limited exceptions) with Shels.

Red&White
26/03/2007, 11:28 AM

In all fairness though, Shels won't be there for long, that's a given.

Being 'too big' to stay down is a myth. Ask Dundalk fans.

Philly
26/03/2007, 11:39 AM
Shels fans, from what I can see, are doing their best. Its a incomparable situation to the Rovers situation, and other smaller situations clubs may have been in in the past. There is already a deal done with Shelbourne and OK, and that can't be reneged upon. Money has already changed hands. All they can do is help where they can, with that SSDG (?) thing set up.

There isn't much else they could do.

So it's unfair to say they didn't do anything. List things Shels fans could have done gieven the situation for me.....

I think it's a given that their team will be able to challenge for a top four place this season with one or two additions and more games under their belts. I never mentioned them winning the Premier Division any time soon.

kdjaC
26/03/2007, 11:42 AM
List things Shels fans could have done gieven the situation for me.....

1. Not abused pats fans when they put us in that situation.
END

Other than that swings roundabouts etc :

kdjac

Block G Raptor
26/03/2007, 11:47 AM
So it's unfair to say they didn't do anything. List things Shels fans could have done given the situation for me.....

1. They could have taken their heads out of the sand and done something before it came to this instead of living in denial

Philly
26/03/2007, 11:54 AM
1. They could have taken their heads out of the sand and done something before it came to this instead of living in denial

Just because they were not of Foot.ie ranting and raving doesn't mean they had their heads in the sand. Once again, they knew their situation. They knew there was zilch that they could realistically do about it.

You listed just one point there.

Mr A
26/03/2007, 12:02 PM
Can't imagine they'll become a force again until finances and a new home are sorted.

Shels have the biggest wage budget in the first division by some distance by the way..

OneRedArmy
26/03/2007, 12:30 PM
Just because they were not of Foot.ie ranting and raving doesn't mean they had their heads in the sand. Once again, they knew their situation. They knew there was zilch that they could realistically do about it.

You listed just one point there.They were on foot.ie as recent as Novemver ranting and raving that everyone was being bitter and begrudging their success!!

As for saying that there is no comparison with Rovers, you're right, Rovers were in a much worse state.

How many Shels fans have invested in the club as a matter of interest?

Here's a list of what the could've done:
1. Formed a Supporters Trust and invested money in return for equity
2. If 1) wasn't accepted, rat on Ollie to the Licensing body (a la Rovers)/CRO and forced the club into examinership

Basically anything to show that more than 5 or 10 people care about the club.

John83
26/03/2007, 12:32 PM
Just because they were not of Foot.ie ranting and raving doesn't mean they had their heads in the sand. Once again, they knew their situation.
Odd that. I seem to recall angry denial every time someone suggested that the club was in financial trouble.

CharlesThompson
26/03/2007, 1:00 PM
Odd that. I seem to recall angry denial every time someone suggested that the club was in financial trouble.

Shels are NOT in trouble. Ollie Byrne has taken the club to the Champions League and has taken the club from what they were to what they are today! Shels will just keep riding the wave and Ollie will sort everything out like has always done!

Raheny Red
26/03/2007, 9:08 PM
If you turn that table upside down you'll clearly see we're winning. Hold on a sec, think aertel just did that..... :D

The eircom League is upside down, the eircom League is upside down!

:cool: :D