PDA

View Full Version : Rovers in Cork in the 70's, early 80's

Johnny
13/01/2003, 3:49 PM
Any Hibs/Celtic fans on here ? Was there trouble at games when scumbag rovers came calling in the 70's ? Can anyone remember the first City/Rovers game in Cork, 84/85 season ?

patsh
13/01/2003, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by Johnny
Any Hibs/Celtic fans on here ? Was there trouble at games when scumbag rovers came calling in the 70's ? Can anyone remember the first City/Rovers game in Cork, 84/85 season ?
I can well remember trouble at games during the 70's.
Unfortunately there were a few serious incidences I remember in Flower Lodge. There was trouble when Hibs were playing the pathetic shower who were Cork's second LOI team !:p
(Cork Celtic was their other name !!:D)
It supposedly had something to do with Northside v Southside bootboys !
I cannot particularly remember SR as being trouble makers, but then they were playing in Milltown and were the "establishment" Dublin team.
It's a bit unfair on most SR fans, but the problem, as I see it, seems to be that the club itself is not doing enough to get rid of the scum element which follows it.
No club is above reproach, but SR are the main culprits at present, and will continue to be criticised and blamed until something concrete is done.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
There was trouble when Hibs were playing the pathetic shower who were Cork's second LOI team !:p
(Cork Celtic was their other name !!:D)

On behalf of my auld fella, loyal and true Celtic fan that he was, don't ever forget 1974 @ the Lodge (2-1 to Celtic who became the 73/74 League Champions!). :p :D :)

He wouldn't have liked me letting a chance like that slip!

Murphy Out Now!!!

patsh
17/01/2003, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
On behalf of my auld fella, loyal and true Celtic fan that he was, don't ever forget 1974 @ the Lodge (2-1 to Celtic who became the 73/74 League Champions!). :p :D :)

He wouldn't have liked me letting a chance like that slip!

Murphy Out Now!!!
jaysus, they won one real competition ever and they never shut up about it !:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
jaysus, they won one real competition ever and they never shut up about it !:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Well look at it this way......Celtic won 1 more League Championship than Hibs ever did AND, unlike Hibs, they didn't lose a 2 goal lead in the process!!:p :D :D :D

Murphy Out Now!!!