PDA

View Full Version : At the match

Tis-smeee
25/03/2007, 5:35 PM
I spotted a Kildare jerrsey, a pats one and a bohs one.

Also fair play they were handing out fixture lists for the eircom league everywhere, credit where its due

A face
25/03/2007, 5:54 PM
Also fair play they were handing out fixture lists for the eircom league everywhere, credit where its due

Who was handing them out ?

Young Hov
25/03/2007, 6:17 PM
Who was handing them out ?

Outside the ground there were groups of people in orange fai jackets handing them out

A face
25/03/2007, 6:19 PM
Outside the ground there were groups of people in orange fai jackets handing them out

Fair play, its something that was never done before so it has to be a good thing. Any mention in the programme about LOI stuff?

sligoman
25/03/2007, 6:20 PM
Yeah and theirs also a competition for corporate tickets in conjunction with your local EL club. Fair play to the FAI on this one. Handing out fixture lists was a good idea. Yes A face, a couple of articles on EL in the programme and YBIG fanzine too.

Young Hov
25/03/2007, 6:26 PM
Any mention in the programme about LOI stuff?

There's a full page season preview and a full page 'clubs in profile' article on Shamrock Rovers. Presumably future programmes will retain this feature with the focus on other eL clubs

sligoman
25/03/2007, 6:27 PM
There's a full page season previewExcept no mention of us!:mad:

khoop
25/03/2007, 6:32 PM
There's a full page season preview and a full page 'clubs in profile' article on Shamrock Rovers. Presumably future programmes will retain this feature with the focus on other eL clubs

Ehhh... No.

It's always going to be about Rovers.

Tough.

GavinZac
25/03/2007, 6:37 PM
Ehhh... No.

It's always going to be about Rovers.

Tough.

sort of a running sit-com then?

LeixlipRed
25/03/2007, 6:42 PM
The EL club in focus thing has been in the last few programmes. Not just this one. Think they done Monaghan for the San Marino game

sligoman
25/03/2007, 6:49 PM
The Fanzine(with EL stuff) can be viewed here (http://www.ybig.ie/dynamic/pdf/Ybig_Issue9.pdf).

sligoman
25/03/2007, 7:16 PM
Seen a guy with a Cork jersey and another guy with Drogs jacket. Still no match for the amount of Celtic, Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea jerseys though.

Magicme
25/03/2007, 9:05 PM
Say a Shels trackie top but didnt notice many others. Also missed the fixture lists.

Yeah we had a piece in the San Marnio programme on Mons. Its a good idea and I got lots of positive feedback on it too, so people do read it!

gustavo
25/03/2007, 9:29 PM
. Still no match for the amount of Celtic, Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea jerseys though.

I dont understand why people would do that , It's bad enough seeing them at Rovers matches.

nui-harp
25/03/2007, 9:49 PM
I dont understand why people would do that , It's bad enough seeing them at Rovers matches.

Wat odds is it sure wat people are wearing to matchs. All that matters is they are there and getting behind the team, no matter how disasterous the the management and FAI are.

gustavo
25/03/2007, 10:06 PM
Wat odds is it sure wat people are wearing to matchs. All that matters is they are there and getting behind the team, no matter how disasterous the the management and FAI are.
Just strikes me as odd , if you went to play france and the french were all wearing shirts of german teams would you not think that as strange?

Battery Rover
25/03/2007, 10:16 PM
Saw a few Derry City shirts and a couple of Athlone Town jackets other than myself. Was chatting to a Bohs supporter in the Red Parrot but he was wearing an Ireland shirt.

Also saw some guy wearing a Liverpool jersey. Why?

RonnieB
25/03/2007, 10:48 PM
Was three drogs fans infront of me in davin upper row H, saw a few fellas with shels hats and a few corkies in full regalia as well.

Dave drummerboy
25/03/2007, 11:38 PM
Seen a load of cork city tops , seen cobh outside the ground ,drogs , bohs , derry, and bray and a few dundalk ones .

DvB
26/03/2007, 7:42 AM
Saw a certain Longford Town striker wearing a Shamrock Rovers shirt sat a few rows behind me!

Only other EL shirt i saw was the cork deckchair one!

Koh

sligoman
29/03/2007, 9:59 PM
Saw a Sligo Rovers scarf, Bohs jacket, shams jersey and a certain Drumcondra Red in a Shels jersey there last night;).

Tis-smeee
29/03/2007, 10:10 PM
yeah saw a dundalk jacket last night was all