PDA

View Full Version : Website match photos?

sligoman
24/03/2007, 11:40 PM
How come theirs no pics from our games so far this season on the website? Last season they used to be up about 2 days after the match but theirs not even any Galway ones up yet?:confused:

Midgit
25/03/2007, 11:02 AM
Isnt it Paraic who looks after that?

Paraic
26/03/2007, 9:14 AM
It's Michael Melly who does all the photos.

we're having some technical problems, which isn't allowing Michael access the server. I haven't been able to sort out yet but hope to this week.

apologies for the disruption

Paraic

Midgit
04/04/2007, 9:25 AM
What is wrong with the Sligo Rovers site?:confused:
http://www.sligorovers.com

Paraic
04/04/2007, 10:34 AM
apart fromthe content deficiencies discussed previosuly and that we're working on, I don't see any problems on the front page on IE or Mozilla.

There are problems on the main news story once you click in and on the stats page due to a server switch on Monday night, but these should be resolved shortly.

re the photos, we're still trying to sort this one out - it's been compunded by the server switch by our ISP. apologies again.

Midgit
04/04/2007, 1:35 PM
It is now working!!! I went on it this morning on 2 computers and it was all f*cked up, Hard to explain but its now working.

Only1Rovers
05/04/2007, 1:32 PM
not working for me.

Only1Rovers
14/04/2007, 10:31 AM
Still no photos working on the site, does anyone know what the story is?

Also Sinead Fraher's article about Chris Turner is very indepth, I particularly enjoyed the detail she went into when discribing Chrissy's time in Derby and captaning Norn Iron's U21....:o

http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=304&Itemid=88

Paraic
15/04/2007, 10:09 AM
our hosting company switched servers a fortnight ago and since then we havne't been able to update the league table or upload any photos. unfortunately the guy who designed the site is away and we're hostage to him sorting out which hopefully will be next week

again, apologies for the invonvenience.

Fivesilver
15/04/2007, 3:15 PM
the guy who designed the site is away and we're hostage to him sorting out

Isn't the site done with Joomla? It should be very quick and easy to teach a handful of key people to do updates. That way you're not up the creek if one person goes on holidays or gets kidnapped by aliens.

SligoBrewer
15/04/2007, 3:33 PM
could you post the photos in fivesilvers flikr site for now?

Paraic
16/04/2007, 9:22 AM
Isn't the site done with Joomla? It should be very quick and easy to teach a handful of key people to do updates. That way you're not up the creek if one person goes on holidays or gets kidnapped by aliens.

joomla isn't the problem, it's the new server that seems to have caused these issues on migration, so I'm reliant on the web designer / host to sort it out.

Re putting photos elsewhere, it's extra hassle for the already under serious pressure Mr Melly, and also, cause of bit of confusion if there's suddenly two sources of official photos.

Rory H
28/04/2007, 9:29 PM
they are there now...my particular fav is from drogheda of brushy...well done michael for the caption!!!!

sligoman
05/05/2007, 11:45 PM
Paraic, any chance you can update Jay's player profile when you get the chance?

"An exciting winger who made a number of senior appearances in 2005, Jason has come through the youth ranks to push for a regular place in the first team squad giving Sean Connor another dimension on the left. Jason is currently on loan with Limerick."

Don't like SC been mentioned when he's not manager here anymore but mainly because Jay isn't with Limerick anymore:D.

Paraic
06/05/2007, 3:07 PM
Paraic, any chance you can update Jay's player profile when you get the chance?

"An exciting winger who made a number of senior appearances in 2005, Jason has come through the youth ranks to push for a regular place in the first team squad giving Sean Connor another dimension on the left. Jason is currently on loan with Limerick."

Don't like SC been mentioned when he's not manager here anymore but mainly because Jay isn't with Limerick anymore:D.

updated -thanks sligoman

sligoman
09/06/2007, 11:05 AM
Problem with match photo's again? Hasn't been updated since Harps away.