PDA

View Full Version : Is there that many people in Cork who are mute?

NorthoftheLee
13/01/2003, 1:50 PM
Because judging by last fridays game you would think so. I'd say there were about 40-50 (thats pushing it) in the shed who actually bothered to sing throughout the game. Now if you can't get yourself up for a shamscum games then what the hell can you for? In fairness, those of us singing, I thought created a good atmosphere. It was pretty constant throughout the nite. The corner boys were unusually quiet and the rest of the ground was it's usual blanket of noise! I have given the young fellas a bit of stick (directed at the Waas), but a lot of the older ( I mean older) element in the shed should seriously get their finger out and start making some noise.

I think that the UCD game will be my last time watching from there. I'm gonna find a new place for next season. Do they sing in the VIP area? :)

Colm
14/01/2003, 9:28 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee

I think that the UCD game will be my last time watching from there. I'm gonna find a new place for next season. Thats what I was planning aswell but then you start thinking that if everyone spreads out will we be left with no atmosphere whatsoever???

I'm sick to death of away fans jibes about how they easily outsang us and that the couldnt hear the City fans at all. We have been outsung in our 3 biggest games this year- Bohs, Rovers and in the cup semi against Derry.

Does anyone have any ideas of ways to improve the atmosphere in the Cross?

yan
15/01/2003, 8:47 AM
we have tried this question before!!!!

got a few replies but nobody willing to do anything about it

Ruairi
15/01/2003, 9:51 AM
I sang myself hoarse on Friday night, but it was totally fcukin pointless. It's always the same few heads singing songs, and there's only about three of us who actually start songs that aren't "city till I die". Even the "sing up for the cork city" chant fell as flat as a very flat thing.

I hate to say it, but the atmos has really deteriorated since Eanna went to Spain!! :D

What we need to do is co-ordinate all the singers to one dedicated area in the shed, print out song sheets etc. Alot of the newer fans wouldn't know the words to the longer songs, so the songsheet would help.

So to everyone in the Shed, and around the ground,

SING UP!!!!

Éanna
15/01/2003, 9:52 AM
start of next season- anyone who wants to make noise, down the st annes end. lets sing up for the city :)

liamon
15/01/2003, 11:57 AM
I don't think they approve of singing down at the St Annes end.
A group of us tried singing there a few games back and the "City fans" told us to sit down and shut up.

We managed to get some noise out of people around us for the visit of Rovers earlier in the season, but that was a miracle. Generally, it's like a funeral.

niamh
15/01/2003, 12:16 PM
They would not be able to tell a big group to sit down.

James
15/01/2003, 2:32 PM
maybe if we got "eanna's gang" to try it, they might carry some weight in the situation :)

Éanna
15/01/2003, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by James
maybe if we got "eanna's gang" to try it, they might carry some weight in the situation :)
har har :D I´m probably headin up that direction anyway, anyone wants to join me they´re welcome

fonzi
16/01/2003, 10:07 AM
im stayin put.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by liamon
I don't think they approve of singing down at the St Annes end.
A group of us tried singing there a few games back and the "City fans" told us to sit down and shut up.

So tell them to "F**k Off"! Unless they're absolutely hellbent on picking a fight with you, they'll shut up. You could also tell them it's a tradition to sing at football matches and if they have nothing intelligent to say, then say nothing at all. Just a suggtestion, like.

Murphy Out Now!!!