PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda + Dundalk

A face
13/01/2003, 11:47 AM
What if they were both to merge, it would seem like the best option for them both. Drogs are in trouble, even if they escape tonight, their problems will not go away, and Dundalk aren't exactly lighting up the sky's.

eamoss
13/01/2003, 4:01 PM
Yeah it would be good but if home ground was in drogheda only drogs fans wud go and if it was in dundalk only dundalk fans wud go. If they but it 1/2 way from drogheda and dundalk it wud be 2 far out.

pconnor
14/01/2003, 10:21 AM
F ck off and get real! I never heard anything so ridiculous.

Schumi
14/01/2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by A face
What if they were both to merge, it would seem like the best option for them both. Drogs are in trouble, even if they escape tonight, their problems will not go away, and Dundalk aren't exactly lighting up the sky's. And sure then Cork and Cobh could merge as well.

WindmillWarrior
14/01/2003, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by A face
What if they were both to merge, it would seem like the best option for them both. Drogs are in trouble, even if they escape tonight, their problems will not go away, and Dundalk aren't exactly lighting up the sky's.

You idiot! We don't exactly get on you know!

A face
14/01/2003, 7:53 PM
Windmill Warrior, Stop blowing all that hot air, sure you could learn to forgive and forget couldn't you. Just look at what you have in common, both you're names begin with D, you're both in the east, and no one ever dreams of going near either town unless a weird twist of faith occurs, like one of you make it up to the premiere for a season. you're both crap. I think that is a pretty good start all the same.

Schumi .....

three things

U

C

D

:D :D :p :p :D :D :p :p :D :D

dundalk formal
15/01/2003, 3:32 PM
It's hard enough getting fans to go to LOI matches without making them travel about 25 miles to a "home" game. Anyway, they're all scum in Shelbyville (Drogheda), and we don't want them.
How about merging Bohs and Rovers. Now there's an idea!

eamoss
16/01/2003, 4:00 PM
I agree with dundalk formal who wants to go 2 Drogheda away.

Jaime
16/01/2003, 6:42 PM
Its unfortunate but club rivalries prevent otherwise sensible mergers. What I can't believe is that Ollie hasn't bought out Dublin City yet. Maybe they think that they can do it on their own (promotion, survival, crowds of over 50 people), but I don't think they can.

Éanna
17/01/2003, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by Jaime
Its unfortunate but club rivalries prevent otherwise sensible mergers. What I can't believe is that Ollie hasn't bought out Dublin City yet. Maybe they think that they can do it on their own (promotion, survival, crowds of over 50 people), but I don't think they can.
i think there´s a rule that says if 2 clubs merge, they have to take play in the division of the lower club., i.e. automatic relegation for shels which they hardly want to do. think pats/francis got an exception on it...

pete
17/01/2003, 4:10 PM
I'd say both towns are too far away from each other for a merger. All that would happen is if say they played games in Dundalk that wpould retain the former dundalk support but lose all the Drogs support.

BobtheDrog
17/01/2003, 10:49 PM
r u kidding me!!!! wud u expect rangers and celtic to merge? NO! so why expect us to join with dundalk theyre at the botttom end of division 1. think before u speak

eamoss
31/01/2003, 2:36 PM
Who wats to be with drogheda anyway??