PDA

View Full Version : I missed the flight to Galway!

maiko99
23/03/2007, 5:56 PM
I arrived in Dublin Airport, but it was late to catch the next flight to Galway...

So, I decided to rent a car from Dublin and now I will drive all the way to Galway for GUFC even though I will miss the match!
I will see you in the pub soon...!!
I'm sorry that I couldn't make it..

Maiko@Dublin Airport

geezer
23/03/2007, 9:44 PM
you missed a great game full of action. United gave it everything after going 2 down and just lost by the odd goal in 5 at the last minute of injury time. You couldnt fault a team that goes at a game like that and anyone that was there will be back again. This is defo a step up in class even the refs seem better. roll on rovers

Sonic
23/03/2007, 10:14 PM
Wish we had some optimism to look forward its dire for us:(

MyTown
27/03/2007, 9:41 AM
For me, another example of the club doing the right thing off the field.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/supporters/loyal-united-supporter-honoured.html

Well done to those behind this simple but very appropriate gesture

NY Hoop
27/03/2007, 3:06 PM
Fair play.

I saw Maiko sprinting by a few of us drinking opposite Quinns saturday. She certainly shames the majority of clowns in croker who refuse to support their own clubs.

KOH

Tir Oilean
27/03/2007, 3:20 PM
Fair play.

I saw Maiko sprinting by a few of us drinking opposite Quinns saturday. She certainly shames the majority of clowns in croker who refuse to support their own clubs.

KOH

Maiko do you have a club in Tokyo? Might be an idea for a link up following the last Champions League prog re far eastern players in Europe!

damoGUFC
27/03/2007, 4:23 PM
For me, another example of the club doing the right thing off the field.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/supporters/loyal-united-supporter-honoured.html

Well done to those behind this simple but very appropriate gesture

Fair play to her and well done to the club aswell. :)

GuisaSaigon
29/03/2007, 2:10 PM
I see Maiko has made the league website www.loi.ie

gilberto_eire
29/03/2007, 2:12 PM
i think its great she got some credit!!.... bit isnt it a bit ironic that a guy like RC breaks his back for the club with the lotto, buses, meetings, night owls etc..... and gets no recognition!!..... one day RC,one day!!

GuisaSaigon
29/03/2007, 2:16 PM
Conan Roleman received an award from the club at the black and white ball last year.

MyTown
29/03/2007, 2:20 PM
isnt it a bit ironic that a guy like RC breaks his back for the club with the lotto, buses, meetings, night owls etc..... and gets no recognition!!..... one day RC,one day!!

AFAIK Ronan was in the inaugural list of awardees at the GUFC Black & White Ball.

I agree that winning the Lotto wouldn't pay Ronan for all he has contributed to the club over the years - but most supporters are keen to acknowledge anything he does & the same is definitely true for anyone I've ever met involved in the off-field management of the club.

gilberto_eire
29/03/2007, 2:35 PM
AFAIK Ronan was in the inaugural list of awardees at the GUFC Black & White Ball.

I agree that winning the Lotto wouldn't pay Ronan for all he has contributed to the club over the years - but most supporters are keen to acknowledge anything he does & the same is definitely true for anyone I've ever met involved in the off-field management of the club.

i didnt hear about the ball now...... but i was meaning ''national'' recognition i know all GUFC fans are grateful for his work!!... nah i was just trying to say its weird the way things go in that regard the real hero goes unsung!!....

DmanDmythDledge
29/03/2007, 5:28 PM
She was on the radio yesterday. Listen to it here- http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-mooney-2007-03-28.smil

GuisaSaigon
29/03/2007, 9:52 PM
it starts at about 1:20 if you dont want to listen to that mooney prat for too long. Fair play to you Maiko, United's most famous fan!

sligoman
29/03/2007, 10:47 PM
Notice he sn!ggered before he said "her love" Galway United. Mooney's a muppet!

Paddyfield
01/04/2007, 9:55 PM
She was on the radio yesterday. Listen to it here- http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-mooney-2007-03-28.smil

Just listened to it Maiko. I hope that Derek Mooney didn't put you off Ireland/Galway United/men forever.

"You sound like you are ten years old" he said. :o

Sorry you had to put up with that, Maiko.

frog-gufc
02/04/2007, 4:41 PM
mooneys a mincer