PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with 4-4-2

Brazz
13/01/2003, 10:05 AM
Friday night was a great advertisement for the foreign game and I’m not talking GAA. Same feelings as most people and I have to agree with Sean’s sentiment we were ”CLUELESS” as soon as the team was called out (which I could hardly hear). I knew The Management had bottled it.

Why does Harry continue with Danny O’ Connor in midfield, totally out of position?

Why did Harry play Chris Todd our best centre half as a winger?, we totally lost our shape when Harry did this.

Why did Stuart Taylor not start (even on one leg he’s ten times better than what we’ve got in midfield), totally unbelievable.

Why does Fabio have to go back to our corner flag to collect the ball? Our strikers are never going to score unless they get proper service and they are in the box to receive the ball.

When was the last time one of our so-called wingbacks got to the by-line to get a decent cross in??

Why can’t we put two passes together?

Why do we continually hoof the ball?

What happened to 4-4-2, if we don’t revert to 4-4-2 we certainly won’t win our last 2 games.

Why can’t we play possession football, ARE WE NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

I lay the blame fairly and squarely on The Management shoulders for Friday’s debacle, not the players. Our tactics, or lack of them more likely has cost us big time. If we were there until next Christmas we still would not score, neither Danny O’Connor or Brian Kelly are wingbacks. The signs were there against Rovers, we have no way of breaking down teams at home. Granted our system works very well away when teams are pushing on and we break on the counter but not when teams come here to defend.

I actually felt sorry for the players because of the tactics employed by The Management, hoof the ball and let Fabio chase and maybe he or Myler might sneak something because of an error by the opposition.

We have two games left or maybe it’s 4?????. So we have nothing left to lose,we might as well go for it. Anyway onwards to Tolka on Friday

Sean Drog
13/01/2003, 10:14 AM
I think most would agree with everything you said Brazz, we have absolutely nothing to lose against Shels and should go straight for a win.

But I wonder will the management and players bottle it again?:mad:

WindmillWarrior
14/01/2003, 3:22 PM
Why do the c*nting players (and indeed the management) always leave it for the biggest crowds to play like complete tossers? That kind of "football" isn't going to encourage the many part-timers in attendance to come back, is it. It WAS our cup final, everyone was up for it, you could feel it, hell you could see it - 3 to 4,000 for UCD says it all ffs! Shame nobody told the players.
That was the worst I've seen in a long long time.

So who do you fancy for the playoffs, a trip to Galway would be nice perhaps...

Brazz
14/01/2003, 8:21 PM
Your worst nightmare..................

Meeting Finn Harps in the final of the play-offs, 2 mins to go and guess who pops up to score the winning goal.............................................. ............................................. Damien Whitehead ..............chilling thought.