PDA

View Full Version : Longford -v- City

Colm
12/01/2003, 9:24 PM
The game that was postponed last saturday week is on tomorrow (monday) in the Flansiro. We really need to take advantage of our game in hand, thus it is quite an important game. IMO, the best we can hope for is a draw. Our record in Longford ain't the best and couple that with our dreadful away form and the team won't be too confident.

1-1
O'Flynn to score.

A face
12/01/2003, 9:54 PM
The "away game record" thing just isn't a valid excuse right now, if City are seriously looking to go to Europe this year, then there should be no messing about, three points nothing less. the away jinx worked find all year but at this late stage it is not excuses we need it is points.

Sort it out City !!

mouldymurphy
13/01/2003, 10:54 AM
just to add to the away jinx i was reading yesterday that city never won in flancare park

Macy
13/01/2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy
just to add to the away jinx i was reading yesterday that city never won in flancare park

5-0 to city.... ;)

Gone Away
13/01/2003, 12:44 PM
Longford need the points still, and Francis is scoring finally, so id say 2-0 Longford.

paudie
13/01/2003, 12:50 PM
Tonight will be all down to who wants it more.

Longford will be flying after 2 great away results. A win tonight and they're safe really.

I f city start the game with the right attitude(ie try to win it) they should be ok.

If they're tentative and lacking confidence then its down to the manager not preparing them properly and they'll probably lose

If memory serves me right some of our best results at home(eg 3-2 v rovers) were followed by heavy away defeats.

Our fate is in our own hands now. what more could the team want?

Lets hope thet do the biz.

SÓC
13/01/2003, 6:15 PM
Good start half the work, 1-0 down already.

Francis after 2mins