PDA

View Full Version : Limerick CBS claim schools senior title

A face
22/03/2007, 9:04 PM
Limerick CBS claim schools senior title

Limerick CBS lifted their first schools title in 31 years when they defeated Virginia College (Cavan) in the senior final at Belfield Park, Dublin today. A 2-0 win at the UCD venue saw them lift the Dr Tony O'Neill Cup. Virginia College can't be too disheartened by the outcome having only played football for the last five years.

Limerick started better and Shane Clarke might have opened the scoring inside the opening couple of minutes after combining with Bobby Gregg to bring a great save from goalkeeper Fergal Flanagan. Adrian Cole's long range effort was the best Virginia could produce. The deadlock was broken on 23 minutes after Eoin Hanrahan cut inside from the wing and while heading towards goal was taken down by Killian Lynch. Clarke stepped up and slotted home the resulting penalty to make it 1-0.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6144)

tetsujin1979
23/03/2007, 1:23 AM
I was at it, I went to CBS and happened to be off on Wednesday. Very organised, played an attractive passing game, deserved winners.

Lim till i die
23/03/2007, 9:37 AM
Fairplay, I remember the place well :p