PDA

View Full Version : FAI hoping for FIFA ruling on Friday

A face
22/03/2007, 8:02 PM
FAI hoping for FIFA ruling on Friday

An FAI delegation comprised of League of Ireland director Fran Gavin, legal adviser Sarah O'Shea and manager of football services Eoin Hand today met with FIFA regarding Article 5.3 of FIFA's regulations on transfers.

The ruling has seen ten players kept in limbo at the start of the eircom League of Ireland season. The rule prevents a player from playing for more than two clubs in the July to June period but is a problem for clubs in Ireland due to the March to December season.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6143)

Magicme
22/03/2007, 8:56 PM
I'm hoping it will be done in Alphabetical order.....

A face
22/03/2007, 9:07 PM
According to an FAI statement released today, "FIFA congratulated the FAI on their actions to date in relation to the eligibility of the ten players affected by the ruling. The FAI had requested clubs not to field the affected players until the situation is resolved, and FIFA stated that this had been the correct course of action."

Hopefully with the decision not to field the players this will get a permanent resolution. Its something that would just keep reoccurring all the time if it isn't. It'll give us a good idea of FIFA treat smaller leagues.

pete
23/03/2007, 10:03 AM
In hindsight this has proven to be a huge **** up by the FAI. FIFA are unlikely to know much about or care about the LOI. Most other countries ignore this rule & the once the FAI highlighted to FIFA couldn't take that option anymore...

:rolleyes:

monutdfc
23/03/2007, 10:09 AM
Would the FAI even have known about the rule were it not for the Mascherano case?

neville neville
23/03/2007, 10:41 AM
i think fifa are getting off lightly on these threads. The FAI brought this up 2 weeks ago and still no decision. all it should have took is someone to say how stupid this rule was and let the 10 lads play. because they are all going to be able to play in the end, I'm sure.

passerrby
23/03/2007, 11:14 AM
the wheels on injustice grind exceedingly slowly.

neville neville
23/03/2007, 12:40 PM
Lads.............
anyone got an idea what time a ruling is due. seems a little daft someone might not know if thet can play or not 5 hours brfore a game

that is unless the players know themselves

paudie
23/03/2007, 1:47 PM
Lads.............
anyone got an idea what time a ruling is due. seems a little daft someone might not know if thet can play or not 5 hours brfore a game

that is unless the players know themselves

I'd say the clubs would be informed rather than the players.

Since the meeting with FIFA was on Wednesday I'd be surprised if a decision was made by today.

Hopefully they will the decision for the Setanta games next week but more likely for the series 4 games next weekend.

gufct
23/03/2007, 1:52 PM
Galway are going with Alan Gough in Goals this friday again as their preparations have been built around Gary Rogers Not being available.

peterc1992
23/03/2007, 7:53 PM
There was the same problem with Liverpool and Mascherano a few weeks back wasn't there?>

harpskid
23/03/2007, 8:42 PM
Football Association of Ireland

Press Release

March 23th, 2007

FIFA grant exemptions from Article 5.3 to three eircom League of Ireland players

The FAI today welcomed the decision of FIFA to grant exemptions from Article 5.3 to three eircom League of Ireland players. The governing body of world football cleared the following players to line-out for their new clubs with immediate effect:

· Alan Cawley (Bray Wanderers)

· Shaun Holmes (Finn Harps)

· Gary Rogers (Galway United)

FIFA this evening communicated their decision to the Football Association of Ireland. An eleven-page judgement was handed down on each player and in each case FIFA declared that the player can play in official matches with immediate effect.

The ruling clears all three players for this weekend’s eircom League of Ireland fixtures. Shaun Holmes, however, is suspended for Finn Harps’ trip to Cobh Ramblers.

Judgements are expected on the remaining seven cases early next week.

ENDS

as per release from the FAI

A face
23/03/2007, 9:28 PM
Something smells very fishy on this one.

Delaney Out !!

onceahoop
23/03/2007, 10:36 PM
Something smells very fishy on this one.

Delaney Out !!

Still been ridden rock solid by Dublin.:rolleyes:

All joking aside why can't they give all the judgements together.

A face
23/03/2007, 10:41 PM
Still been ridden rock solid by Dublin.:rolleyes:

All joking aside why can't they give all the judgements together.

Could be classed as Dublin alright i suppose. City made the application a week before there was any mention of this from the FAI. As soon as the FAI got involved Citys application was dead in the water. You may say i have a suspicious mind, but i can live with that.

Magicme
23/03/2007, 10:46 PM
FIFA would only consider 3 today. Am sure there is a good reason that they were the 3 heard. We really feckin needed Doyle tonite so this stupid rule has already cost us 7 points.

Mr A
24/03/2007, 2:06 AM
I think the reason these players were dealt with first is simply that these are very straight forward cases.

Rogers spent time at a club that went extinct- the most cut and dried case of the lot. Holmes came from a league with a different season and has a right to earn a living. Cawley I'm not so sure about, but wasn't one of his clubs Shels? If they broke his contract then that'd be straightforward as well.

I think there are some (probably at least one) of the remaining players who will not be allowed to play until July.

Soko
24/03/2007, 3:50 AM
I think the reason these players were dealt with first is simply that these are very straight forward cases.

Rogers spent time at a club that went extinct- the most cut and dried case of the lot. Holmes came from a league with a different season and has a right to earn a living. Cawley I'm not so sure about, but wasn't one of his clubs Shels? If they broke his contract then that'd be straightforward as well.

I think there are some (probably at least one) of the remaining players who will not be allowed to play until July.

Complete horse ****. There is no reason to explain why they managed to get off their arses and do 3 of these cases and leave the rest till next week. Are the majority of these not all being based on different seasons? Clear cut by ********

Pablo Escobar
24/03/2007, 7:27 AM

Farrelly and Healy came from a different league season! :confused:

Mr A
24/03/2007, 11:48 AM
Farrelly played for Bohs, moved to England and then came back, which makes it less clear cut than the cases above in my view. His case is probably based on having been sacked by Bohs- but given that he would have had his contract paid out he probably doesn't have the right to earn a living excuse to the same extent.

I'm not too sure on Healy- I know he had two clubs in England but the question is exactly when he was at them?

superfrank
24/03/2007, 12:22 PM
Cawley I'm not so sure about, but wasn't one of his clubs Shels? If they broke his contract then that'd be straightforward as well.
Cawley's case was a lot like the other ones. He joined UCD before the start of the 2006 season. AFAIK, he'd been released by Shels the winter before but he was registered with UCD at the start of the 2006 season.

He moved to Waterford in July 2006 and then left them at the end of the season to join us before the start of the 2007 season.

The way I see it, Rogers was the only player with an exceptional case. It's just the luck of the draw that Holmes and Cawley's cases were also dealt with.

Soko
24/03/2007, 2:57 PM
Farrelly played for Bohs, moved to England and then came back, which makes it less clear cut than the cases above in my view. His case is probably based on having been sacked by Bohs- but given that he would have had his contract paid out he probably doesn't have the right to earn a living excuse to the same extent.

I'm not too sure on Healy- I know he had two clubs in England but the question is exactly when he was at them?

You you are so clueless you could get a job with FIFA/FAI

kdjaC
24/03/2007, 3:05 PM

But hes right.

kdjac

Mr A
24/03/2007, 4:21 PM
Oh, I forgot- it's all an anti-Cork thing :rolleyes:

Soko
24/03/2007, 5:16 PM
There is no "clear cut" reason to clear 3 players and delay a decison on the other 7. I'll give you Rogers, DC going bust declares he should play but there is no reason to allow the other 2 play and not have a ruling on the other 7. The key number here is 7, not just the 2 CCFC players :rolleyes:

A face
24/03/2007, 5:19 PM

That was the situation, so why is he clueless? One of Healy clubs was a loan deal aswell. Its should be clear that alot of these cases are not actually doing what the rule was setup for. Its circustances beyond their control for the want of a better expression.

BohsFans
25/03/2007, 6:09 PM

He didn't have his contract paid, as he quit.
We said we'd sack him with a couple of weeks pay so he could sign for someone else.

Hitman
28/03/2007, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know if there's been any movement on this since the three players were cleared on Friday? Is there any acceptable reason for the continued delay on a decision on the other cases?

Risteard
28/03/2007, 11:23 AM
No, there's not an acceptable reason.
I think it was somewhere last week that the FIFA judge would decide on 3 Frday(done) and the rest the Wednesday after (today).
However City received notice that it would take 5 -7 working days and there has not been much in the papers so looks like we'll be waiting again.
Ridiculous.

A face
28/03/2007, 6:24 PM
Does anyone know if there's been any movement on this since the three players were cleared on Friday? Is there any acceptable reason for the continued delay on a decision on the other cases?

FIFA are saying nothing and more importantly the FAI are saying nothing. Its very suss at this stage, but sure its not unlike the FAI now is it? :mad:

monutdfc
29/03/2007, 8:16 AM
Spoke to our secretary at the game last night and Willie Doyle was cleared yesterday.

harps1954
29/03/2007, 3:07 PM
Three more cleared today - they are hoping for more by tomorrow.

Football Association of Ireland
Press Release

March 29th, 2007

Fifa clear three more eircom League of Ireland players

FIFA have granted exemptions to Article 5.3 to a further three eircom League of Ireland players. Following on from last Friday’s decision to grant exemptions to three players, a total of six exemptions have now been granted. The latest players to be granted exemptions are:

· John Brophy (Shelbourne)
· Willie Doyle (Monaghan United)
· Ray Scully (Waterford United)

All three players have been cleared to play in competitive games for their clubs with immediate effect. Last Friday, FIFA cleared Alan Cawley (Bray Wanderers), Shaun Holmes (Finn Harps) and Gary Rogers (Galway United).

The FAI today expressed its delight at the decision to clear a further three players. There are four remaining cases to be ruled on and the FAI hopes to receive word on a number of these cases by Friday.

ENDS

Pablo
29/03/2007, 3:14 PM
Why not clear them all together? its so frustrating

neville neville
29/03/2007, 3:15 PM
Que the angry Cork " Ridden Rock Solid" posts

Pablo
29/03/2007, 3:47 PM

I'll wait untill tomorrow for those!

Risteard
29/03/2007, 6:29 PM
Bang on neville neville.
RRS.
It hurts.

BohsFans
29/03/2007, 7:50 PM
http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6199

and

http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6200

:D

Still awaiting Colin Healy, the spoofer (how does he keep getting away with it:eek: :rolleyes: ) and Peter Hynes.

Risteard
29/03/2007, 10:41 PM
If Hynes alone is cleared tomorrow be prepared for some Risteard whinging.
Now that would be RRS.

kdjaC
29/03/2007, 11:04 PM
If Hynes alone is cleared tomorrow be prepared for some Risteard whinging.
Now that would be RRS.

Lucky your playing Longford if you get clearance wont be a problem to throw the 2 lads in right away.

kdjac

holidaysong
29/03/2007, 11:10 PM
It would be no harm to Derry if Hynes was never cleared! :eek: :)

DmanDmythDledge
02/04/2007, 10:56 PM
Healy and Farrelly appeals rejected.

Ridden Rock Solid...

Soper
02/04/2007, 11:05 PM
Faaaaarrrrrccccceeeee

pete
03/04/2007, 11:48 AM
Its only a matter of time before this overturned in the EU Courts but don't know if CCFC have the time or resources to do that. :(

Obviously the club & fans knew this could happen but i still think we were right to try & improve the quality on the league.

charliesboots
03/04/2007, 11:51 AM
I still think we were right to try & improve the quality on the league.

Debatable whether Healy would improve the quality of the league, only time will tell.

Farrelly has been playing (badly) in the league for the last two seasons so you wouldn't be altering the quality with him.

John83
03/04/2007, 4:47 PM
They'll be able to join in June or July, but I don't know if they'll be interested in hanging around that long - they might be interested in heading off to England again. Disgraceful decision.

DmanDmythDledge
03/04/2007, 4:51 PM
they might be interested in heading off to England again.
What difference would it make? They still can't sign for any club.

John83
03/04/2007, 4:55 PM
What difference would it make? They still can't sign for any club.
True, but it seems that English clubs can have exceptions made for them.