PDA

View Full Version : Trundle? why not

Pages : [1] 2

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 7:52 PM
He is Irish isnt he, why have we never called him up, he is the most talented striker outside the premiership and definatley deserves to make an irish squad, he will also give tromendus creativity on the ball, he is a cass act and hasnt bein given a chance yet

SligoBrewer
22/03/2007, 7:55 PM
i knew this would come up after i posted it in the other thread!

he a genius and should be in the squad

Lim till i die
22/03/2007, 7:58 PM
he is the most talented striker outside the premiership

Good God :eek: :eek: :eek:

Leejo
22/03/2007, 8:00 PM
Stupid question...

look at who our manager is and you have your answer:mad:

Ceirtlis
22/03/2007, 8:09 PM
The reason he is not in the squad is because of the level of football he is playing at. If he was really serious about playing for Ireland and if he is as good as you say he is he would not be playing in league 1.

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 8:11 PM
IMO i meant to say. lim til i die before u say good god again, may i ask have u ever had the privalage to watch him play football, in swansea no, well just let you know he is a genious , even the oppisition applause at his talent
Should have been in the squad under kerr and now in stauntans.

He could be playing higher up the leauges if he wanted but he is commited at swansea and he has a word of honour with the chairman, about time players be good to their word, he is the only player outside the premirship with image rights

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lee+trundle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1cLP2-K60
get me an irish player that can do this

SligoBrewer
22/03/2007, 8:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1cLP2-K60
get me an irish player that can do this

eh i can.. lee trundle!:D

DmanDmythDledge
22/03/2007, 8:19 PM
He's only managed 15 goals in League One this season. Connolly's and Lee's record in the Championship this season is better than that, even though they've scored less goals. Keane, Doyle, Connolly, Lee, Morrisson, Ward, Byrne, Stokes, Long, Murphy, Keogh (and maybe more) are ahead of him in the pecking order.

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 8:22 PM
Well you forgot to mention how long he has been injured, for this year

Irish_Praha
22/03/2007, 8:23 PM
Stupid question...
look at who our manager is and you have your answer:mad:

Trundle has missed the boat. If he was ever going to be called up it should have been when Kerr was manager and he was at the top or near the top of the League 1 top scorer's chart. At present he only scrapes into the top 10 scorers from that league. If you count all competitions Paul Heffernan, who has been used a lot of the time as a sub, has scored more goals than him this season and I wouldn't have him anywhere near the national squad.

Getting back to the Kerr point, he didn't call him up when he was 2 years younger, playing more consistently and had less competition. Since then Doyle, Long, O'Donovan, Ward, Keogh, Clarke and more have come on the scene or established themselves more. I know Stan is a sh!te manager and has done a lot wrong but not calling up Lee Trundle is not one of his many bad decisions IMO.

DmanDmythDledge
22/03/2007, 8:23 PM
Well you forgot to mention how long he has been injured, for this year
How many games has he missed?

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 8:25 PM
28(3)
Goals: 16
Yellow Cards: 3
Red Cards: 2
Minutes on Pitch: 2546

pineapple stu
22/03/2007, 8:26 PM
A few. He's played 33 games (http://www.swanseacity-mad.co.uk/footydb/loadpssn.asp?pid=22402) of 45 this season so far, scoring 16 goals.

Lim till i die
22/03/2007, 8:27 PM
IMO i meant to say. lim til i die before u say good god again, may i ask have u ever had the privalage to watch him play football, in swansea no, well just let you know he is a genious , even the oppisition applause at his talent

League 1 level ;)

Didn't see anyone calling Jason Byrne a genius when he was with Shels

There's Irish players playing at a higher level doing as well

If he's a genius why isn't he banging in 40 goals a season??

Also out of curiousity (genuinely don't know Mr. Trundles views) why haven't Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland been sniffing around him??

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 8:29 PM
he has missed between 10 and 15

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 8:31 PM
he has been quoted as saying ireland is the jersey he would like to wear.Playing for Ireland is something that's still very much on my mind and Steve Staunton knows what I can do because he talked about me when he first got appointed," said Trundle.

"If you're a manager of an international side then you've got to look at every option possible.

"There's a very good chance that he could be watching the game on television on Sunday, and that could hopefully improve my chances if I do well.

"I was out injured for parts of January and February and the Sweden friendly was straight after that, so my injuries couldn't have come at a worse time.

"But I'm back scoring now and if I can keep doing that then hopefully I'll get the call-up I've been waiting for."

Irish_Praha
22/03/2007, 8:35 PM
A few. He's played 33 games (http://www.swanseacity-mad.co.uk/footydb/loadpssn.asp?pid=22402) of 45 this season so far, scoring 16 goals.

A goal every other game is decent enough all right but he still shouldn't be called up to the full team. He's the type of player the the B team was resurrected for. Including him in that squad wouldn't do any major harm I suppose. However, at almost 31 does he have much to offer?
I still think that the tighter marking at a higher level would prevent his trickery.

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 8:37 PM
Point taken

SkStu
22/03/2007, 8:44 PM
the lee trundle tribute clip there on youtube is pretty impressive in anyones book. I know hes 31 but would he be worth a look during the summer trip to the U.S.?

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 8:46 PM
ya LETS TAKE TRUNDLEON TOUR, IM GONA GIV STAN A CALL AN ASK HIM can i go instead off kilbane

eirebhoy
22/03/2007, 8:50 PM
limerickblue - I'm not the most literate guy myself but could you try your best to use the knowledge you gained in primary school and construct proper sentences.

As for Trundle, I agree with Irish_Praha...

If he was ever going to be called up it should have been when Kerr was manager and he was at the top or near the top of the League 1 top scorer's chart.

I'd still like to see him play at least once for us though. :)

SkStu
22/03/2007, 8:51 PM
"ya LETS TAKE TRUNDLEON TOUR, IM GONA GIV STAN A CALL AN ASK HIM can i go instead off kilbane"

:mad: not with that attitude

limerickblue
22/03/2007, 8:53 PM
Aww lets all be journalists, im not being payed to write am i,Be nice come on trundle

SkStu
22/03/2007, 8:56 PM
Be nice come on trundle

whats this? some sort of weird sex game? :confused:

eirebhoy
22/03/2007, 8:57 PM
Aww lets all be journalists, im not being payed to write am i,Be nice come on trundle
I'm afraid it's in the rules, and for good reason imo.

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=440516&postcount=13

SligoBrewer
22/03/2007, 9:07 PM
XAk5VqVrEk4

lee trundle tribute clip... worth watching

half_full
22/03/2007, 9:19 PM
if he was good enough then he would be playing at, the very least, a decent level of football, which league 1 isnt

simply put hes not good enough

SligoBrewer
22/03/2007, 9:35 PM
ignorance...he could EASILY play championship at least but hes more than happy in swansea.

Its Called COMMITMENT AND DEDICATION which the Ireland squad clearly lack as we have Robbie Keane as our captain :rolleyes:

How many clubs again lads?

DmanDmythDledge
22/03/2007, 9:38 PM
How many clubs again lads?
Same as Trundle.

Cymro
22/03/2007, 10:07 PM
if he was good enough then he would be playing at, the very least, a decent level of football, which league 1 isnt

simply put hes not good enough

To be honest, that's rubbish-a bit like saying Kevin Doyle wasn't good enough to play for Ireland when he was at Cork, because of the league he played in, yet the second he moves to Reading he's good enough. :confused:

Being from near Swansea myself, I've seen enough of Trundle to know that he's a tremendously gifted player who could play Premiership football, even at his age. The fact that Everton were considering a bid a while ago surely proves that.

I think Ireland could do much worse than him and I know he really wants to play for them-so let's hope Staunton gives him a try in one of your next friendlies.

dr_peepee
22/03/2007, 10:33 PM
Not now...But post this thread again two years ago!

tetsujin1979
22/03/2007, 11:47 PM
If he didn't get a call up under Kerr, it's never going to happen. At the time Kerr constantly chose Keane, Morrison, Connolly, Elliott and Doherty to play up front. Now you can add Doyle, Stokes, Long, Keogh, possibly Ward and Murphy to that list (and remove the Doc!!), add to that Trundle, by his own admission, isn't playing as well as in previous years, he's hardly going to make the senior squad. The best he can hope for is a call up to the B team and play out of his skin.

drinkfeckarse
23/03/2007, 11:57 AM
i knew this would come up after i posted it in the other thread!

he a genius and should be in the squad

Sweet Jesus.

The-Beer-Baron
23/03/2007, 12:27 PM
lee trundle is no that good. he is definitely not good enough for the irish squad never mind the premiership. we honestly dont need another show boater. we already have one in robbie"plays when he feels like it" keane. we need a striker whos going to score a goal at least every second game not an overweight league 1 player who saunters around the pitch and does some magic when he feels like it against muck teams.

Torn-Ado
23/03/2007, 2:26 PM
Trundle. Why not???

Because he is overrated and playing in league 1 for christ sake.

frog-gufc
24/03/2007, 5:06 PM
mickey evans/john goodman anyone, trundles a fat lazy bendeco :-)

half_full
24/03/2007, 6:16 PM
To be honest, that's rubbish-a bit like saying Kevin Doyle wasn't good enough to play for Ireland when he was at Cork, because of the league he played in, yet the second he moves to Reading he's good enough. :confused:

the cork team kevin doyle was part of (and wasnt even the best player in), would have easily defeated any league 1 side (and indeed most championship ones too) . as shown in their wins against malmo, nijmegin (sp?), DIF etc. plus credible resultes with the likes of nantes and sparta prague, it was more the fact that he played the majority of his time out of position on the right wing with cork that he was never considered good enough

but im not arguing with you on this, hes matured into a top quality striker:)

plus the media hype he recieved when he went to england and did well didnt do anything bad for his chances of getting a call up

BohsPartisan
24/03/2007, 7:08 PM
I hate Trundle with a passion. The fact we are even discussing letting this journeyman represent us shows up everything that is wrong with the game of association football in Ireland. Like Morrison, if he was good enough to play for England he wouldn't acknowledge the his Oirish roots. He can rot in obscurity as far as I'm concerned. So he can do a few fancy tricks, so can Trevor Molloy! :p

half_full
24/03/2007, 7:50 PM
agree with you 100%, BohsPartisan

eekers
24/03/2007, 10:31 PM
trundle :rolleyes:
When is kevin nolan going to declare?

GavinZac
25/03/2007, 8:39 AM
how about calling up a player who'll actually be around for the next viable qualification campaign?

roy o'donovan was the best player on the pitch for the ireland b squad and its just the usual old prejudice that has him outside the senior squad. he'll move to england this summer and suddenly be international calibre after training with spurs for 2 weeks.

hogey
25/03/2007, 12:38 PM
He's English, not Irish so he should'nt play for Ireland. And he plays plays in the third tier in England which is of a lower standard to the Eircom League.

delabonnuchi
25/03/2007, 5:25 PM
In fairness, a lot of international football is at a completely rubbish level, e.g. yesterday. I presume if he hasn't been called up at this stage, then he won't be but I really don't know why not. I've never seen more than highlight reels but its obvious he is skillful.

eirebhoy
25/03/2007, 5:52 PM
He's English, not Irish so he should'nt play for Ireland.
I don't know about that. I think he turned down a call by Northern Ireland because he wants to play for us.

DmanDmythDledge
25/03/2007, 7:44 PM
I don't know about that. I think he turned down a call by Northern Ireland because he wants to play for us.
I think the point was that he would have played for England ahead of us if had got the chance.

eekers
25/03/2007, 8:10 PM
I think the point was that he would have played for England ahead of us if had got the chance.
like Ed Joyce?

eirebhoy
25/03/2007, 8:26 PM
Who knows? He never comes across that way to me.

tetsujin1979
25/03/2007, 9:12 PM
like Ed Joyce?
Ed Joyce did play for Ireland first.

hogey
26/03/2007, 2:04 PM
In fairness to Joyce, that was the only way he could become a professional and play at the highest level of the game. He would have continued to play for Ireland if he had a realistic choice.

livehead1
26/03/2007, 4:38 PM
In fairness to Joyce, that was the only way he could become a professional and play at the highest level of the game. He would have continued to play for Ireland if he had a realistic choice.
No. your wrong. He's been playing for Middlesex as a pro for 3 years, he didn't play for England because he wanted to be a pro, he played for England because there good enought to be at test cricket standard. Its almost identical to an irish soccer player playing for england as they stand a better chance of qualifying for a major tournament.

you also get paid for playing for england cricket.