PDA

View Full Version : Seville/Malaga

Pauro 76
05/02/2007, 8:02 AM
Looking like Seville for myself and the senorita Paddy's weekend and then get some rays in Malaga... Anyone been either place?

Jaime
07/03/2007, 10:25 PM
Looking like Seville for myself and the senorita Paddy's weekend and then get some rays in Malaga... Anyone been either place?

Rays and shopping is about all you'll get in Malaga. Sevilla will be scorching hot this time of year, I mean unbearably (between 12 and 5 at any rate) hot. City is basically split into an old half and a modern half. Cathedral is worth going to, and maybe a sneaky pint in Flaherty across from it. :) There is an expo area in Sevilla as well; bizarre really, it's just totally deserted, loads of stupid looking monuments etc, don't know what they were thinking tbh.

Pauro 76
10/03/2007, 11:15 AM
Rays and shopping is about all you'll get in Malaga. Sevilla will be scorching hot this time of year, I mean unbearably (between 12 and 5 at any rate) hot. City is basically split into an old half and a modern half. Cathedral is worth going to, and maybe a sneaky pint in Flaherty across from it. :) There is an expo area in Sevilla as well; bizarre really, it's just totally deserted, loads of stupid looking monuments etc, don't know what they were thinking tbh.

Its about 25 degrees there. In March! Heading there on Paddy's Day. Unusual move though. But ill probably the only genuine Irishman down the bars of Seville!

Jaime
11/03/2007, 8:37 PM
Its about 25 degrees there. In March! Heading there on Paddy's Day. Unusual move though. But ill probably the only genuine Irishman down the bars of Seville!

Ah you'll see one or two more, it can be quite studenty at times.

Pauro 76
16/03/2007, 11:44 AM
Ah you'll see one or two more, it can be quite studenty at times.

Ill be there tomorrow night! Also visiting Granada for a few days too, its meant to be stunning. Going nowhere near a coastal resort though, dont want to bump into any sunburnt chavs. ;)

Jaime
19/03/2007, 11:39 AM
Ill be there tomorrow night! Also visiting Granada for a few days too, its meant to be stunning. Going nowhere near a coastal resort though, dont want to bump into any sunburnt chavs. ;)

Make sure to visit the Alhambra palace; it's breathtaking, which is just as well as there's little else in Granada apart from banks.

Pauro 76
22/03/2007, 9:53 AM
Make sure to visit the Alhambra palace; it's breathtaking, which is just as well as there's little else in Granada apart from banks.

Going there today! Or tomorrow as its a huge attraction. Seville was amazing. Beautiful city, great atmosphere, and wonderful little side streets you could get lost and not mind. Granada´s very rough and ready in comparison. Bit disappointed and its bloody cold compared to Seville too! Hoping the Alhambra rescues the Granada leg of the trip!

Pauro 76
23/03/2007, 9:41 AM
Alhambra was amazing apart from the hordes of tourists. Was to be expected though. Pretty much the best part of Granada. Was very disappointed by the city itself. Graffiti everywhere and quite run down. Even the main drinking areas were quite rough. but a few nice bars amongst it all. But the people mostly were lovely and they even tolerated my fledgling Spanish! Seville was an astonishing place. The city was beautfiul (til you get to the suburbs) and the many tapas bars were a joy, but the waiting staff were quite rude and the people generally not as nice as Granada. Well worth seeing but not during the summer, it gets damn hot!