PDA

View Full Version : Rovers on Ticketmaster

WeAreRovers
22/03/2007, 4:31 PM
We're now doing tickets on Ticketmaster which might be handy for away fans. I know some tickets for the Waterford, Galway and Bohs games have been sold -

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/browse?rdc_select=&tm_link=tm_sports_browse&type=selected&category=741

KOH

charliesboots
22/03/2007, 4:32 PM
Another reason to hate ticketmaster!!

pete
22/03/2007, 4:39 PM
2 euro charge for ticket can be steep for juvenile tickets where could be 25% increase.

Why would someone need to buy ticket in advance anyway? :confused:

wws
22/03/2007, 4:44 PM
maybe catch NEW fans is the idea?

WeAreRovers
22/03/2007, 4:45 PM
2 euro charge for ticket can be steep for juvenile tickets where could be 25% increase.

Why would someone need to buy ticket in advance anyway? :confused:

Maybe, just maybe, they were browsing on Ticketmaster, saw tickets for a LOI game and thought, hey, why not? It's about attracting new people.

I only put it up here in case anyone felt the need. I was under the crazy delusion that people might actually applaud a new initiative. :rolleyes:

KOH

pete
22/03/2007, 4:47 PM
I only put it up here in case anyone felt the need. I was under the crazy delusion that people might actually applaud a new initiative. :rolleyes:

You in the wrong place. :p :D

SligoBrewer
22/03/2007, 4:50 PM
Maybe but i dont think you are seriously going to bring that many new people into the games, compared to the adverts Shams run in the daily print media sports pages which i would think are far more effective in reaching their target market or audience.

target audience star readers?;)

Fingal hoop
22/03/2007, 4:50 PM
who are shams?

Student Mullet
22/03/2007, 4:53 PM
To be honest this is a fairly pointless idea surely away fans can buy them of their own club.It's good for someone who wants to give Shams tickets as a gift.

Jerry The Saint
22/03/2007, 4:59 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.ie/browse?rdc_select=&tm_link=tm_sports_browse&type=selected&category=741

No GAA tickets on that link. Please make the necessary adjustments. :mad:

BohDiddley
22/03/2007, 5:04 PM
All eL clubs should be selling tickets online.

WeAreRovers
22/03/2007, 5:07 PM
No GAA tickets on that link. Please make the necessary adjustments. :mad:

They wouldn't fit. :p

Rogue Trader - Disregarding your unhealthy obsession with us, you're wrong. We've sold X tickets on Ticketmaster that otherwise would not have been sold. Repeat after me - This is a good thing.

KOH

khoop
22/03/2007, 5:09 PM
For all of the above criticism, please read: "Damn, why didn't we think of that?!"

Dodge
22/03/2007, 5:15 PM
I@m sure other clubs have. I know one south Dublin team that have definitely. Thought it wasn't worth it.

Can't see a downside to it for Rovers

dcfcsteve
22/03/2007, 5:17 PM
This costs the club nothing, so how can it not be a good idea......? :confused:

A big part of the problem for the EL is that we're just not on the radar for the vast majority of the population. People don't know or forget that our league and its regular games exist. There's literally hundreds of thousands of young people, families, bored adults etc looking for things to do each and every weekend. I bet for the overwhelming majority of them, the thought of catching a game of football in Ireland just hasn't even crossed their mind.

I don't expect many of them at all to be attracted to the League by seeing a Rovers ticket on Ticketmaster, but it's another small chip in the rock of obscurity that our league is hidden behind. When more people are constantly aware of our presence, more people will come to games. If we don't even cross peoples minds at the moment, how are they magically supposed to decide to come to see us ?

And as it costs Rovers nothing, why not do it ? What have they got to lose....?:confused:

WeAreRovers
22/03/2007, 5:22 PM

A big part of the problem for the EL is that we're just not on the radar for the vast majority of the population. People don't know or forget that our league and its regular games exist. There's literally hundreds of thousands of young people, families, bored adults etc looking for things to do each and every weekend. I bet for the overwhelming majority of them, the thought of catching a game of football in Ireland just hasn't even crossed their mind.

I don't expect many of them at all to be attracted to the League by seeing a Rovers ticket on Ticketmaster, but it's another small chip in the rock of obscurity that our league is hidden behind. When more people are constantly aware of our presence, more people will come to games. If we don't even cross peoples minds at the moment, how are they magically supposed to decide to come to see us ?

And as it costs Rovers nothing, why not do it ? What have they got to lose....?:confused:

Thank you Steve.

KOH

Sniffer
22/03/2007, 5:36 PM
Spot on...I can't understand why anybody can knock this initiative. What has any club got to lose by making it easier to purchase tickets for a game? Show the dinosaurs and begrudgers the door:)

DRDoc
22/03/2007, 6:16 PM
This is a great idea by Rovers and they should be applauded for the idea
Finally the Eircom league is making strides forward and yet fans of the league on here are knocking it :rolleyes:

Cynics

Paddyfield
22/03/2007, 7:32 PM
Great idea Hoops. Others should follow.

I'd sooner pay an extra 2 quid to have a ticket in advance for an away game than to arrive on time and face a queue.

ghBohs
23/03/2007, 9:29 AM
Great initiative and fair play to Rovers. Look on it as free publicity if nothing else - ticketmaster.ie gets thousands of hits per day and anyone browsing for sporting events can't miss them.

One question - how does this fit in with segregation at high risk fixtures? There is no indication on the site as to what end tickets are on sale for, nor is there a warning (as with other online football ticketing outlets I've used) that tickets are specifically for home or away fans.

Block G Raptor
23/03/2007, 10:14 AM
but it's another small chip in the rock of obscurity that our league is hidden behind. When more people are constantly aware of our presence, more people will come to games. If we don't even cross peoples minds at the moment, how are they magically supposed to decide to come to see us ?:

Did the City Till I Die banner on the Back of the "Freedom Wall" help to raise awareness in the city? I seen when I was up there a while back but was up there on monday and there's a water rates banner there now? thought it was great to see btw (the city till I die banner not the water rates one)

fbtn
23/03/2007, 10:22 AM
Good idea from Rovers. Something most clubs could be at tbh as it costs nothing.

WAR: If you post an idea/inititative/plans etc from your club here and people aren't chirming, then start to worry.

Jerry The Saint
23/03/2007, 10:41 AM
Have there been many people taking this up? I know that a lot of people visiting a city will look up ticketmaster for events taking place while they're there. It's clear that attending an LOI game isn't something that would normally ever cross their mind unless they saw something like this.

Mr A
23/03/2007, 11:03 AM
If it costs Rovers nothing then it's definitely worth doing. There may well be people out there who think that if it's worth having Rovers tickets on ticket-master then the games are more worth attending than they thought. In any case, every little helps!

I think much of the negative reaction is due to an almost universal dislike of ticket-master, who represent the worst of the rip-off Republic.

Sumac
23/03/2007, 11:03 AM
Excellent idea - well done

Lets hope others do the same

Higgo
23/03/2007, 2:28 PM

Nail on the head. Excellent post.

OneRedArmy
23/03/2007, 3:14 PM
Did the City Till I Die banner on the Back of the "Freedom Wall" help to raise awareness in the city? I seen when I was up there a while back but was up there on monday and there's a water rates banner there now? thought it was great to see btw (the city till I die banner not the water rates one)In fairness we are lucky in that the profile of Derry City is very high at the minute due to the recent successes.

In fact awareness of the club is always very high, when we aren't doing well people across the City will be able to tell you why they don't go to the games anymore and why the club are performing so poorly.

Erstwhile Bóz
23/03/2007, 3:30 PM
In fact awareness of the club is always very high, when we aren't doing well people across the City will be able to tell you why they don't go to the games anymore and why the club are performing so poorly.
I know what you mean, but that made me smile!

TommyT
23/03/2007, 4:03 PM
target audience star readers?;)

Yes. We're a football club. Got some sort of problem with that
?

passinginterest
04/04/2007, 1:59 PM
I see Limerick 37 have followed the lead of Shamrock Rovers on this one and are selling tickets on ticketmaster.

I say fair play to the clubs. Anything that gives publicity to the league and encourages the general public to attend games deserves credit.

Will more clubs follow this path?

DecBoh
04/04/2007, 2:14 PM
As far as I know bohs did this a number of years ago for European game(s), not sure if it was tried for the league...possibly a trial run for a couple of games?? No doubt someone will have the info.

WeAreRovers
04/04/2007, 2:14 PM
I see Limerick 37 have followed the lead of Shamrock Rovers on this one and are selling tickets on ticketmaster.

I say fair play to the clubs. Anything that gives publicity to the league and encourages the general public to attend games deserves credit.

Will more clubs follow this path?

Well apparently, according to one Bohs fan, Bohs reckon it's a waste of time.
They should have seen the shock on our faces when a group of 8 Yanks showed up to the Galway game to collect their Ticketmaster tickets. It's been a massive success so far but hey, Bohs know what they're at. :rolleyes:

KOH

DecBoh
04/04/2007, 2:21 PM
but hey, Bohs know what they're at. :rolleyes:

We did last night anyway :p

dcfcsteve
04/04/2007, 2:43 PM
They should have seen the shock on our faces when a group of 8 Yanks showed up to the Galway game to collect their Ticketmaster tickets.

Nice ! I hope you got a few Yo-yo's out of them for merchandise as well.....!

Reminds me of when a group of 6 of us went to watch an ordinary league baseball game in Cuba. Peopke visiting a country are looking for things to do, and football is one of the viable options open to them.

The Man Himself
04/04/2007, 10:29 PM
ticketmaster robbers.
dont buy from them, theres no need to.

dcfcsteve
05/04/2007, 12:10 AM
ticketmaster robbers.
dont buy from them, theres no need to.

Ever heard of free choice and free will........?

barney
05/04/2007, 12:42 AM
Well done Rovers, ignore the begrudgers.

gael353
05/04/2007, 12:59 AM
Think limerick are on ticketmaster now as well. www.limerick37fc.ie

Paddyfield
05/04/2007, 5:58 AM
Tickets for all Galway United games are on sale in advance from a local chain of music stores ("Zhivago") who have 5 branches in Galway.

Also, the main city tourist office display posters promoting games.

twowheelsonly
05/04/2007, 8:42 PM
Nice one Rovers. I think its a great idea and well worth trying. I have no doubt that it will be effective in picking up a few tourists/stag groups etc.

new blue
05/04/2007, 9:32 PM
Fair play t'ya.
Great to see a little out of the box thinking.
Hope it goes well

higgins
05/04/2007, 9:55 PM
How does this work ?

They book on the site in advance and Ticketmaster send Rovers on the list of people who ordered and they collect them from somewhere close to Tolka Park or at a particular gate..