PDA

View Full Version : Newcomers to the welsh match

aidz1
22/03/2007, 4:14 PM
i have encountered quite a few people this week who are going to their first/second ever irish game.
Perhaps the hype and ease of getting tickets has caught up with them.
Here's hoping a lot of them will make a bit of decent noise and turn croker into a good full-house atmosphere.

i may be wrong, but i forsee quite a lot of spare tickets being bandied about for the slovakia game....... (must have been 3000 untaken seats for the much bigger game of czech rep and at prices that were a lot cheaper)

citizenerased
23/03/2007, 12:34 PM
them spare seats at the czech game were the fais fault that was the remainder of the czech allocation that they chose ofr safety reasons, not to re sell!!

WexDec
23/03/2007, 3:33 PM
Thats not like them to put H&S ahead of dosh. There plainly is a lot of spares going for Slovakia but still expect it to be fairly full as ensured by grouping the tickets for the 4 match or more the fact had to pay for Slovakia with Wales tickets. Demand for Wales is a high multiple of the Slovakia demand.

I know people will say about event junkies but as always a Saturday afternoon is simply far more attractive from a travel and drinking point of view. Already people here (Sandyford) are musing over how they'll get over to Croker on Wednesday bus, luas, dart, car followed by various walks but most options have 2-3 legs involved. No such discussion for tomorrow its more which pub you're going to before/after. I expect there to be a similiar chasm between the Germany and Cyprus matches or probably more so unless the latter ends up actually meaning something.

The good news for anybody without a ticket is that they can go on spec and stand a decent change of picking up a spare (although a win against Wales might lessen that) although I see they were on general sale today anyway.

aidz1
26/03/2007, 9:19 AM
them spare seats at the czech game were the fais fault that was the remainder of the czech allocation that they chose ofr safety reasons, not to re sell!!

there were empty blocks in the north terrace alright, and you're probabaly right, they were czech returns. however, there were quite a lot of untaken seats that night int he south and east stands...

for wednesday, i see the same happening.... at least it may allow a bit of movement if you are unhappy with your own seat.....

Peadar
26/03/2007, 9:46 AM
The FAI will have sold pretty much all their tickets.
Not sure they really care if people fail to turn up.

citizenerased
28/03/2007, 12:38 PM
yeah feck them people anyway...real fans only

Peadar
28/03/2007, 1:00 PM
By the way, there are a helluva lot of people visiting Croke Park, for the first time, tonight. Be prepared for confusion at the gates, as people get turned away for being at the wrong entrance. Don't be waiting until the last minute if you want to get in for the anthems.

citizenerased
28/03/2007, 3:43 PM
it was well hectic on saturday also..loadsa people late