PDA

View Full Version : Irish squad eircom videos

Tis-smeee
22/03/2007, 2:48 PM
FasFnU24w14

greendeiseboy
22/03/2007, 2:55 PM
didnt see stokes did he miss it again - duff looks as if he coulndn't give a fcuk

NeilMcD
22/03/2007, 2:56 PM
Unreal the guy is leaving the hotel. How does one leave the hotel in committed manner.

citizenerased
22/03/2007, 3:00 PM
yeah true...stokes was there seen a glimpse of him in the hotel..O'Shea looked relaxed and cheerful anyway so thats the main thing!!

greendeiseboy
22/03/2007, 3:01 PM
Unreal the guy is leaving the hotel. How does one leave the hotel in committed manner.

it's a comment on his well known attitude to training and his fondness for a lie in- not on his commitment to the team etc

Jerry The Saint
22/03/2007, 3:11 PM
Does Mick Byrne actually get paid for whatever it is he does? Or is it more of a competition winner/Make-A-Wish Foundation type of thing:confused:

citizenerased
22/03/2007, 3:13 PM
Harsh, but fair point!!!

OneRedArmy
22/03/2007, 3:20 PM
Does Mick Byrne actually get paid for whatever it is he does? Or is it more of a competition winner/Make-A-Wish Foundation type of thing:confused:Official Head of Practical Jokes/Running Errands for the Players.

The fact that Stan bringing him back in apparently "turned around the dressing room spirit" around illiustrates exactly how undeserving the current bunch of muppets are to represent our country.

galwayhoop
22/03/2007, 3:28 PM
can't believe i wasted 2 mins watching that. what purpose does that footage serve again?

citizenerased
22/03/2007, 3:31 PM
Did ya hear about Mick Byrne, jumping pn Robbie Keane when he was in bed to suprise him of his return before the sweden match...what an adorable little scamp!! id say he is always up to mischief

Wolfie
22/03/2007, 3:47 PM
Does Mick Byrne actually get paid for whatever it is he does? Or is it more of a competition winner/Make-A-Wish Foundation type of thing:confused:

I think its a similar role to what Bez had in the Happy Mondays. Micks on "Vibes".

eirebhoy
22/03/2007, 3:48 PM
It's no different to Ally McCoist with the Scotland, and now Rangers, camp. He's hardly there for his coaching skills.

eirebhoy
22/03/2007, 3:52 PM
Stephen Hunt Interview:
tsyiTG6Stc8

Damien Duff Interview:
2LlevQ85h3A

drinkfeckarse
22/03/2007, 3:53 PM
He's officially Assistant Manager eirebhoy. There's a big difference. McCoist is a joker but he's also done his coaching badges and from what I hear is totally involved in everything.

Soper
22/03/2007, 3:56 PM
The first clip, it's like an episode of Phoenix Nights, minus the dialogue

eirebhoy
22/03/2007, 4:17 PM
He's officially Assistant Manager eirebhoy. There's a big difference. McCoist is a joker but he's also done his coaching badges and from what I hear is totally involved in everything.
And Byrne is a physio. :) I don't know how qualified he is but Duff called him "the physio" in that interview above. I think Smith has McCoist with him for the same reason Stan has Byrne.

NeilMcD
22/03/2007, 4:17 PM
Best answer a mini.

eekers
22/03/2007, 4:23 PM
i'm loving keane's crap looking spurs yellow carrier bag!

OneRedArmy
22/03/2007, 4:25 PM
And Byrne is a physio. :) I don't know how qualified he is but Duff called him "the physio" in that interview above. I think Smith has McCoist with him for the same reason Stan has Byrne.Isn't that the point though that he isn't a chartered physio and that role is actually performed by someone else?

He is the modern equivalent of a jester.

jbyrne
22/03/2007, 4:37 PM
hes not qualified and therefore another proper physio is required for insurance reasons. to be honest if he helps with morale and runs errands then what harm? was there under jack and he hardly caused any harm then

Ceirtlis
22/03/2007, 8:17 PM
He was involved with Galway footballers when they won the All-Ireland in 1998 so he must have more physio knowledge than how to use the magic sponge but he is not qualified.

dr_peepee
22/03/2007, 11:20 PM
Exactly.... What harm!! :rolleyes:

Too many sheep out there turning on Mick Byrne. You stick to your scrolling "Fail to prepare prepare to fail" screen savers. I'll wave at ye with my inflatable green hammer from the upper Cusack on Saturday.

billybunter
22/03/2007, 11:34 PM
I was having some sound issues with my computer, but can someone confirm what the question was that propmpted stephen hunt to say 'counting crows" (it wasnt by chance 'whats the most entertaing part of Stans training regime" )

geysir
22/03/2007, 11:43 PM
What was his favourite band.....Counting Crows.
You could get the impression that he knows he will be playing on saturday.

drinkfeckarse
23/03/2007, 7:48 AM
And Byrne is a physio. :) I don't know how qualified he is but Duff called him "the physio" in that interview above. I think Smith has McCoist with him for the same reason Stan has Byrne.

Nonsense eirebhoy. No one can deny that McCoist is great for team morale and is a total messer but the fact that he's actively involved in training and tactics indicates he has an important role to play. Smith could quite easily have given Archie Knox or someone else the Assistant role as he has done in the past and still chose to have McCoist playing a lesser role just to have him around.

I agree with OneRedArmy's comments about the fact that Byrne was brought in to restore team spirit is a terrible verdict on the current players. Of coarse it's great to have characters kicking about the place but to actually have to pay someone to have around the place for their wit rather than ability is another damning verdict against the FAI and Stan IMO.

The "what harm" attitude is exactly the reason why we are failing.

eirebhoy
23/03/2007, 7:53 AM
If McCoist is a great coach then fair enough but I really doubt it. :)

drinkfeckarse
23/03/2007, 8:12 AM
We don't know that yet, he's only been doing it for a few months. :)

Countyman
23/03/2007, 9:12 AM
That just looks a big ad for Eircon and Bus Eireann to me.

galwayhoop
23/03/2007, 10:37 AM
the funny thing is that if Kerr had the foresight to bring in a 'Jester' or McCoist type character it may have saved him his job. in my opinion tactically and prepariation wise kerr was spot on, perhaps just lacking something in the 'improve morale' stakes. the fact that roy keane came back to the irish squad during kerr's reign shows a lot. it does point to an improvement in the professionism of the set-up - something i feel we have abandoned with the appointment of staunton.

the fact we are talking about players representing the nation at soccer needing a 'jester' or feel good merchant to be attached to the team is a damning inditment on the players.

Tis-smeee
23/03/2007, 11:11 AM
Croke Park Dressing Rooms
ScDW_4djmVk
Croke Park Stadium Tour
EAXK3WGABVw
Interview with Croke Park stadium director Peter McKenna
55OW2jVpMkE

gustavo
23/03/2007, 11:22 AM
Just for future reference , if you want to post a youtube video , the handiest way so people can view it here is to put the bit after the = sign in the URL in quotes.
For example
[ yt ]55OW2jVpMkE [/ yt ]

dr_peepee
23/03/2007, 6:45 PM
The "what harm" attitude is exactly the reason why we are failing.

Ellaborate...(Bah)

eirebhoy
18/05/2007, 11:15 AM
Team bus arrives at Portmarnock.
ovMuWUd3sBI

Kevin Doyle interview
qIlrmIcMitA

Stephen Kelly Interview
LOuAoGleFwE

Joseph O'Cearuill Interview
ZiMcW2hNIbY

Sean St Ledger Interview
J699y3b5Y0A

macdermesser
18/05/2007, 12:16 PM
What car do you drive? Xbox or Playstation? Last movie you saw?

What drivel ..

Soper
18/05/2007, 12:19 PM
I hope the questions are from kids!