PDA

View Full Version : Crisis in Maternity Hospitals

Block G Raptor
22/03/2007, 2:21 PM
Anyone read the story in the Herald today on page 12. It's actually my Partners story and while it was a tough decision to speak to the Herag I'm glad we did as it highlights the issue

Block G Raptor
22/03/2007, 2:24 PM
Oh sorry this should be in current affairs shouldn't it?
Mods feel free to move

Magicme
22/03/2007, 5:37 PM
i didnt get to see it, dont buy the herald. sorry.

onceahoop
23/03/2007, 11:09 PM
Anyone read the story in the Herald today on page 12. It's actually my Partners story and while it was a tough decision to speak to the Herag I'm glad we did as it highlights the issue

My sympathies to you and your partner. Absolutely appalling treatment. Our Health Service has really deteriorated recently. My own family have benefitted from the excellent care of nurses and doctors over the last few years but there's something rotten in the HSE these days. Administritive budgets have been the curse of Civil Service over the last few years. That and ambitious sh1ts who take great delight in filling their CV's with all the cutbacks they've made.

Poor Student
24/03/2007, 11:33 AM
There's a story in the Indo today about a woman who had a miscarriage waiting two days for a full scan. That isn't your story is it?:(

Block G Raptor
26/03/2007, 2:59 PM
There's a story in the Indo today about a woman who had a miscarriage waiting two days for a full scan. That isn't your story is it?:(

No But it sounds pretty similar there was three "Case Studies" in the Herald
our story was case study 1. basically she attended the A&E on two occasisions over new year waited 7 hours and 9 hours respectively only to be sent home. the second time she asked the Dr. why she was waiting for 9 hrs and was told " There's emergency c-sections going on I can't split myself in two... the living babies are more Important"
she was eventually rushed in a few days later by ambulance after collapsing
at home by that stage there was nothing could be done for our baby

PS. thanx for all the nice comments and sympathy I'll pass them on to Mrs Raptor

Poor Student
26/03/2007, 7:12 PM
Raptor, I'm very sorry to hear, my sympathies and condolences.:( I hope Mrs. Raptor is in good health at least.

jebus
26/03/2007, 9:28 PM
Didn't see the Herald, and I'd like to be able to say I'm shocked that this sort of thing happens in our country, but I'm not. My sympathies to you and your partner over this Raptor

Limeref
26/03/2007, 9:50 PM
Unfortunately I did not see the Herald, but I would like to:

a) Pass on my condolences to you and Mrs Raptor; and
b) Praise you both for being so brave in offering you story to the press, it must have been difficult.

Anybody who has been through the pain of a miscarriage knows the hurt the parents feel, it is exacerbated when our health system is unable to give the moral support that they, and their families require. Hopefully someday, there will be enough investment (to the right places) to allow the health service comfort those who are unfortunate to experience the pain of a miscarriage.

I wish you and Mrs Raptor well.

Block G Raptor
27/03/2007, 9:17 AM
Thanx Again Guy's -n- Girls
I've past on your supportive comments to Mrs. Raptor and she wanted me to thank you all