PDA

View Full Version : Some pointers / advice for Trevor and Rico for Monday night

Counting Crow
12/01/2003, 12:24 PM
Dear Trevor & Rico,
As this is one of your last shows for this season let me start by complimenting you on a great first series - much better than anything RTE would ( or have ) put together in the past.

Now as we end another season it is probably a good time to reflect on what has gone before us.

Without showing any degree of bias I would like to summarise the season as I, and many more neutrals down south, have seen it. I know you will probably agree with the following Trevor as you, also, are completely unbiased in this respect.

Game of the season - An encounter @ Turners Cross between Cork City and Shamrock Rovers. Result 3-2 to the peoples champions.

Comeback of the season - As above. "2-0 down, 3-2 up, City f****d the Rovers up" - Opps, nearly gave my cover away there.

Chant of the season - As above. Say no more.

Player of the season - John O'Flynn. #9 for Cork City. By far the best player in Ireland at the moment.

Worst referring decision of the season - the sending off of George O'Callaghan vs. Bohemians in December.

Prat of the season - Colin Hawkins. For the theatrics that lead to the above.

Goal of the season - Hoggies ( Opps, again ) Sorry, Neil Horgan's of Cork City vs Derry City. Plus there were 21 others from one John O'Flynn that ran him a close second.

Club of the season - Cork City. By far the biggest Club in the country. Can you imagine waht it would be like if we, I mean they, were in contention for the League this season. City are also improving the facilities at Turners Cross making it the BEST ground in the country.

Best supported team - No contest really, Cork City. Biggest gates through out the season - even against UCD!!!!!!!!!

2003 Team to watch out for - Cork City.

Hope you get a chance to take on board my advice as it would wrap up your show in a fitting manner whilst acknowleding the best clubs and players - oh forget the unbiased crap - City and JO'F for being the most entertaining Team in 2002.

City till I die,
Counting Crow.

thecorner
13/01/2003, 2:13 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

u must have some sore fingers after all that typing crow

razor
13/01/2003, 8:19 AM
Completely agree
I hope you have emailed this
sports@tv3.ie, I think the address is.

Troy.McClure
13/01/2003, 9:13 AM
+ the shout out of the year
"This is from Patsy to her soul-mate Liam celebrating their 2nd aniversary soon, and she says 'its terrible when they're away'."

Can anybody remember the song? "I Will Always Love You" was requested but I think that something else was played.

Counting Crow
13/01/2003, 8:57 PM
How about "the most disapointing result of the season" - Longford 1 - City 0

It's going to be tough now!!!!!!!!!!

Éanna
14/01/2003, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
[B]Best supported team - No contest really, Cork City. Biggest gates through out the season - even against UCD!!!!!!!!![B]
big gates yeah, but the level of support is poor. I wouldn´t give us the nod there at all.