PDA

View Full Version : suckers

kempes
15/07/2001, 3:43 PM
I was away on me hols and was shocked to hear that St. Pats Athletic FC is dead and its all long live St. Pats Athletic FC (incorporating St Francis) from now on.

It is a disgrace that Dolan has changed the name of the club and the crest (not the first time he has done this either) and I am very surprised that Pats fans are not up in arms over all this.

This is worse than Shels putting the manu crest on their schoolboys kits, you lot are putting it on your first team home jersey.

Rovers fans would not put up with this sort of sacrilage.

All this 'although we are changing the name of the club we will still be referred to as St Pats' lark is a load of cobblers, this is just more of Dolan's PR crap along the lines of his "Stadium of Light" rubbish. The fact is that there is no longer a called St Patricks Athletic FC playing in the Eircom League.

Dolan obviously thinks that two clowns in Halloween costumes and a chopper gimmick is enough to dupe you lot. I really had to laugh at Dolans "this deal has no baggage" quote, I think he really means St Francis have no fans to put up any resistance to this sham and are fans are suckers who put up with any crap I feed them.

koh

pure Hoops forever

Kempes

wws
15/07/2001, 4:30 PM
"Rovers fans would not put up with this sort of sacrilage"

......eh you follow a team that shared a ground with amongst others, its supposed arch rivals, Bohs...so less of the pious Holier than Thou Crap it wont wash here

this merger, incorporation, takeover lark is definitely strange and wierd but the bottom line is that the people who run Francis made the moves so what are you talking about? Looks like your dolan fixation is cutting of the air to your brain....i still dont know what the hell Francis's motives are or were but they did the shafting here not us.....looks like their blazers wanted their seat at the National league table rather than limp back into non-league football

anyway Francis were never more than a junior team with great facilities what was the story with Rovers and Tallaght Town...??????

I read in the echo that Stephen Kenny wanted to take them into the National League before yee lot muscled in and took them over

EddieL
15/07/2001, 4:56 PM
...Kempes,but really you should get your facts rights before you comment on other clubs,especially when you're just back from abroad.Do you really believe we'd go on the pitch with the monicker "St Patrick's Athletic(incorporating St Francis)"????!!!! No,we are still plain St Patrick's Athletic and always will be,the Incorporating part is purely incidental.Say what you like,but we now have TWO grounds,Richmond Park which is undergoing renovations and will soon have a new stand,and Baldonnell which will be used for training and U21 matches,yous have not had a home ground for several years and even at this moment construction on your new ground in Tallaght is behind schedule(although I for one am very impressed with it so far and looking forward to visiting with Pats)Also,I am given to believe that your jerseys are usually hand me downs from Celtic,our jersies are made to our OWN specifications and we have not two strips this season,but THREE.Finally,what have you lot won in the last five seasons or so? That's right,nowt,while we took the league twice in a row,won the LS and League cups,and reserve &U21 leagues.Oh,and I almost forgot to mention we actually won the Premier league FOUR times in the 90s! The moral here is we've actually won things in recent years,built up a successful schoolboy system,gone into a merger of which we are the main beneficiaries and currently have a young team almost ready to emulate the sides of the 90s.Yous haven't even left the starting block!!!!

kempes
16/07/2001, 12:05 AM
I still think

1 St Francis shafted themselves by selling out
2 Dolan went off and changed the name of the club without even consulting the pats fans
3 the fans put it with it without as much as a wimper which makes them suckers in my books.

I know love is blind and you all love pats but are you all so blind and loyal to dolan that you'd put up with this crap.

koh

Kempes