PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Robson on Newstalk last night

Reddladd
22/03/2007, 9:33 AM
Anyone hear Bobby Robsons interview on Newstalk last night. He didn't sound great and the lads commented on this. He was repeating himself, sounded confused and some of his responses didn't make sense in relation to the questions posed. I know he's been sick but that's the point.

Robson has had a very successful career in football but I actually felt sorry for him after listening to the interview. He sounds like a man who should be at home with his feet up, reminiscing about the good old days!.

What can he really give to the job other than patting Stan on the back and saying 'It'll be alright son, it'll be alright'

NeilMcD
22/03/2007, 9:39 AM
I thought he sounded ok and the two lads sounded sick to be honest. Sick in the head. They ruin every interiview by not just letting it play.

Jerry The Saint
22/03/2007, 9:48 AM
Thought Newstalk were a bit unfair to be honest. If you saw Robson interviewed on Sky Sports it's noticeable that he has some paralysis on the left side of his face, following the surgery etc. he's been through. This is what affected his speech, IMO, more than any "Poor old geezer, lost his marbles" vibe that the presenters were trying to play up.

I think it's clear that he's still far more articulate than The Gaffer.

NeilMcD
22/03/2007, 9:53 AM
Yeah thats what I thought when I heard the interview. Depsite the fact he has been ill he sounds like he still knows the game and put it across in a far better manner than Staunton can

wws
22/03/2007, 9:57 AM
quote from the only senile old fool on Newstalk

"Obviously if he wasn't from Cork it would be easier to get picked....I'm just saying like.....it is a factor like"

Dodge
22/03/2007, 10:01 AM
Typical pro Dundalk/Newcastle bias of the Irish management

Ridden Rock Solid

Ceirtlis
22/03/2007, 10:50 AM
The guy is not well. I saw him on Sky Sports news as well and he was slurring his words. The last thing he needs is to be involved with the shambles that is the irish team this days.

Noelys Guitar
22/03/2007, 11:08 AM
I saw him on Sky and and heard him on newstalk and he was talking sense. The 2 clowns on Newstalk treating Robson like he was senile. Listen to what he says. He made the point (much better than R Keane) that the so called senior players have to start performing to a high level. Keane, Duff, Dunne, O"Shea and Finnan have been very poor for Ireland recently. They better get it right fom here on in. No matter how crap Staunton is.

zenokelly
22/03/2007, 12:11 PM
Was there when he was giving an after-match interview in November after the San Marino match, he had to lean against the wall to stay up underneath the west stand although I thought he was nearly about to attack a journalist when asked about Kenny not being in the squad.
Hasn't got any worse since with what I saw of him on Sky.

Clipper
22/03/2007, 12:50 PM
To be fair lads, if you were on the phone to a parent or grandparent and he/she sounded like Robson did last night, you would get worried. Must admit I was shocked, don't agree with anybody making fun of him, didn't really think the Newstalk lads did that to be fair. However he should put his feet up and enjoy his retirement and not have to bail Staunton and Delaney out all the time

NeilMcD
22/03/2007, 2:05 PM
He is enjoying himself by working. Who are we to say how he should spend his time. He loves football and obviously feels he has something to offer so fair play to him. You are a long time dead so you should do what you enjoy. This suits him so fair play.