PDA

View Full Version : What will be good news story of the season in the Eircom league?

cheifo
21/03/2007, 3:53 PM
Could it be?

1)Shamrock Rovers get go ahead for move to Tallaght.
2)Due to increased media coverage, crowds flock to eircom league.
3)Fantastic results by EL clubs in europe.
4)Finn Harps win FAI cup:)
5)Shelbourne rise again under Keeley.

Personally I think Wexford will be great news for their area and the league.Their seems to be an enthusiasim and sense of pupose behind their project.
And when your answering try to be objective please.

Risteard
21/03/2007, 3:57 PM
I'd expect crowds to be much improved this season.
Also, I reckon there could be a 3 or even 4 way final day finish that gets huge media coverage.

Jerry The Saint
21/03/2007, 4:03 PM
We've already had it. Do you not read the newspapers:confused:

:)

wws
21/03/2007, 4:05 PM
David Jeffries and Felix Healy to announce their engagement?

Risteard
21/03/2007, 4:06 PM
We've already had it. Do you not read the newspapers:confused:

:confused:
shelbourne relegated?:)

Buller
21/03/2007, 5:01 PM

That will be the good news story for 20 seasons.... :rolleyes:

Murpholini
21/03/2007, 5:54 PM
Wexford and Limerick to merge and be renamed 37 Youths. Oh no sorry that name is already taken by the shels supporters club.

Aaron
21/03/2007, 7:20 PM
I think if Rovers do get the go-ahead with Tallaght, that will be the best story of the season. It would have been long overdue and good for the future of a club the size of Rovers

sligoman
21/03/2007, 7:24 PM
Entire Republic of Ireland squad is made up of EL players;).

Ok, that's not gonna happen but having a few EL players in the squad would be a "good news story".

TonyD
21/03/2007, 7:42 PM
Wexford and Limerick to merge and be renamed 37 Youths.

:D :D Superb.

Seriously though, the Shamrock Rovers thing would obviously be good news for them, and everyone else I suppose, but I can't believe you left the St Pats developments off your list. If that comes together it will be the single best thing that's ever happened to any club in the league. No argument. It genuinely has the potential to bring the game here to a new level. I know we've heard that before, but it's true.

LeixlipRed
21/03/2007, 7:58 PM
Wexford and Limerick to merge and be renamed 37 Youths. Oh no sorry that name is already taken by the shels supporters club.

Superb indeed :rolleyes: The muck that passes for comedy on here is disgraceful.

Good news story of the year? Could be loads of em

1)Bohs do woeful in the league and oust connor after 20 matches. Gareth Farrelly returns to a hero's welcome

2)Drogheda fail to do anything bar make Ollie Cahill wish he'd given Keely's brand of football a go. Doolin is sacked and shacks up with Dave O'Leary in the retired Irish spoofer house.

3)Shels are promoted by winning the 1st Division on the last day meaning two titles in two years :D

half_full
21/03/2007, 8:15 PM
eL club qualifies for uefa or champions league group stage, i think its possible this year that someone qualifies for the uefa group stage

TheBoss
21/03/2007, 8:49 PM

Thought they had already announced it ;)

Paddyfield
21/03/2007, 9:44 PM

Reminds me of an article in a Galway United fanzine that St. James's Gate and Home Farm were going to merge to become Farm Gate but there was a threat that a break-away faction were going to form a rival Club called Home James

:D

TonyD
21/03/2007, 10:06 PM
Superb indeed :rolleyes: The muck that passes for comedy on here is disgraceful.

Well, it made me chuckle :D , almost as much as Shels relegation. But I suppose it's understandable if you've lost your sense of humour (hee hee)

Risteard
21/03/2007, 11:48 PM
Ya, the POTM competition promotes lazy wit but I must admit I :D 'd at that.
3 clubs with the one pun.
Admiration for ya Murpholini fella.

Eoingull
22/03/2007, 12:46 AM
I'd also have to go for Shamrock Rovers settling down in Tallaght.

SkStu
22/03/2007, 2:33 AM
3)Shels are promoted by winning the 1st Division on the last day meaning two titles in two years :D

yeah, who knows, you might actually earn one through fair means for once... ahahahaha :rolleyes:

GavinZac
22/03/2007, 7:24 AM
eL club qualifies for uefa or champions league group stage, i think its possible this year that someone qualifies for the uefa group stage

not a hope. we have to cross our fingers that st. pats don't embaress us again.

shelbourne1904
22/03/2007, 1:51 PM

Pat Dolan and Felix Healy to announce their engagement live on Setanta!!!

Celdrog
22/03/2007, 2:32 PM
The premier league is won on the pitch without any court battles or threats to go to court.
Then again with Shels gone this is quite likely to happen.

pete
22/03/2007, 2:45 PM
The premier league is won on the pitch without any court battles or threats to go to court.
Then again with Shels gone this is quite likely to happen.

Yeah I think if no asteriks* at the side of the Premier division table will be a good year.

Crowds may increase but not enough to huge. Performances in Europe have been good for few years now so would need team to make european competition group stages to be significant progress - personally I think same as last year would be good as keeps the progress moving along...

charliesboots
22/03/2007, 2:53 PM
personally I think same as last year would be good as keeps the progress moving along...

Same as last year = progress. This guy would love you Pete

DmanDmythDledge
22/03/2007, 9:42 PM
Increase in attendences and improvement in European results should be the mininum aims for the season.

cheifo
23/03/2007, 12:13 AM
Increase in attendences and improvement in European results should be the mininum aims for the season.

Agreed, altough last years European results will be hard to beat.

EireBadBoy
23/03/2007, 3:15 AM
Could it be?

2)Due to increased media coverage, crowds flock to eircom league.
3)Fantastic results by EL clubs in europe.
4)Finn Harps win FAI cup:)
5)Shelbourne rise again under Keeley.

Personally I think Wexford will be great news for their area and the league.Their seems to be an enthusiasim and sense of pupose behind their project.
And when your answering try to be objective please.

1) That is something the majority of EL fans are looking forward to, get them a home. The fans at Rovers that have put so much in deserve to see some reward.
2)Can we flock in some football fans that are a bit more mature - I think we are all sick of the Bebo collective and their support. I think more and more Irish football fans are becoming disillusioned by the English Premier League, might be a bit optimistic but it's realistic.
3)$hel$ in the Champions League will obviously help out there.
4)To help take the heat off $hel$ just put Harps in the UEFA as a preemptive thing, Delaney would approve, and things will roll along nicely from there.
5)Ignoring that name.........A season without Asterix, mebbe just Getafix, that would be nice.

Pablo Escobar
23/03/2007, 6:10 AM
1) I think more and more Irish football fans are becoming disillusioned by the English Premier League
I think this is very true.

Sky have flooded the market and Chelsea have turned it into a fairly booring league over the pas 2 seasons!