PDA

View Full Version : Was Don Givens correct to kick Foran out of U-21 squad for Estonia?

pete
06/06/2001, 2:04 PM
I think he was but completely disagree with a ban from all future squads!!

Éanna
06/06/2001, 6:47 PM
yeah he should have been kicked out. but this lifetime ban is a disgrace. It's no surprise, Givens seems determined to make the eL look bad and pick as few eL players as possible. GIVENS OUT!:mad:

A face
06/06/2001, 7:38 PM
It should be a lesson that he wont forget for a while but, agreed, a lifetime ban is going too far, but has anyone asked can he actually do this, just one man, surely it has to be put tot a vote or whatever means they have of deciding stuff like that, but not just down to one man.

Is there anyway of finding out the correct procedure that should be taken, this "kick him out 'cos i dont like him" attitude is a bit too Irish for my liking, should a man like this be in that position. I would like to see issues of this matter dealt with fairly and properly. If he cant (maybe through no fault of his own) then get someone who can.

EddieL
06/06/2001, 10:42 PM
Foran is an exceptionally talented young player who has what it takes to make it across the water.However,until he learns to control his temparamental nature he will never realise his full potential.Givens was right to kick him off the squad,if he kept him in some other youngster(s) would obviously think they can get away with it as well and team unity would be disrupted.I just hope the lad realises he did wrong and keeps his head down,and let his football do the talking in future.

Neil
06/06/2001, 11:25 PM
correct to kick him out of the squad, a bit harsh banning him from all future internationals! I doubt if we'll miss much anyway?

soccerhead
18/06/2001, 10:23 PM
No player can abuse the system. Givens over reacted in the heat of the moment, he should have sent him to bed and sorted it out next day. From what i heard, Givens came in worse for the ware just before him. Outrageous decision to ban him for good. Givens has had it in for foran and realished this incident.

Éanna
19/06/2001, 12:57 AM
Spot on soccerhead. Givens has had it in for foran and this league from the word go. He's a disgrace to the FAI, but then, the FAI are a disgrace so what do you expect?!

soccerhead
20/06/2001, 10:50 PM
Thanks Eanna!