PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Drogheda Game

gufct
21/03/2007, 9:02 AM
Match tickets now on sale

Tuesday, 20 March 2007
Match tickets for Friday's game vs Drogheda are currently available from Zhivago Records, Shop St.

They may also be purchased from;

- Square Inn (Athenry)

- O'Brien's Hardware (Loughrea)

- Direct from the club in Terryland Park

Patrons are asked to buy their tickets early to avoid congestion at the entrances and to obey instructions from the stewards and Gardai.

Car Parking at Terryland Park is limited due to ongoing Construction Work on the new stand and cannot be guaranteed after 7.00pm

Tir Oilean
21/03/2007, 10:11 AM
Is the problem with season ticket holders sorted? There wont be any need for segregation of fans.

gufct
21/03/2007, 11:30 AM
Tir Oilean .Hopefully everything will work ok this week but everyone has to realise that the Access to Terryland is Appaling and even with the new Turnstiles being fitted all fans have to Enter through the one gateway.

All Premier Teams Operate segregation Policies as you would have noticed last friday where GUFC fans were closeted in one corner of Turners Cross with no proper Toliet Facilities or food. Drogheda expect to have 200/250 Fans on Friday night and they will once again be in Sections F&G and have their own Turnstile.

Its better being Pro Active rather than reactive so we have to anticipate every eventuallity.

eamo1
21/03/2007, 12:46 PM
i now realise the restrictions that ye face with dealing with crowds in terryland from what youve said.but theres one thing i cant understand.up at the gate at the clubhouse end theres 2 smaller gates.is it not possible to have one gate for season ticket holders up there and one for match ticket holders???if not then can you explain why please?it just seems like its logical and wont interfere with segregation from what i can imagine.

gufct
21/03/2007, 12:56 PM
Eamo as I said above hopefully everything will work ok this week .We had teething problems last week but 3,300 people managed to get in and out of the ground safely and in time to see the match.

If everyone buys their ticket beforehand and goes up early to Terryland it would make everything run smoothly.

Tir Oilean
21/03/2007, 1:39 PM
even with the new Turnstiles being fitted all fans have to Enter through the one gateway.

Do you mean for the new stand? Surely there will be proper turnstiles in operation for the new development. The fans don't really need to be separated for entering theground they will always congregate in one area anyway and the stewards have that one already sorted. Drogs fans are no hassle anyhow so there is no need for squeezing them into the last section (theyll go there anyway)! Just try not to have our season ticket holders jumping through hoops to get to their seats, believe me it is a very serious issue, not for me personally but for people we all know pretty well from Tland over the years.
I know its a **** job to do I did it before but do your best to improve the situation.

gufct
21/03/2007, 2:06 PM
as ive said before it will be alright for friday night and its not just the Drogheda fans that are being segregated .

GalwayFrancis
21/03/2007, 7:44 PM
what Tir Oilean is saying is that, Its annoying for season ticket holders to have to walk down to the turnstiles then around the pitch to get to the centre of the stand, its def something that has to changed. unless theres some new routing system ready for friday, its going to be the same as it was against sligo.

corbyeire
21/03/2007, 8:01 PM
okay the walk isint the end of the world - a bit annoying but thats it

what got me more was some stewards at the main entrance telling us to go all the way down - when others got in the near side - just get everyone applying the same standards and there'll be no problems

GalwayFrancis
21/03/2007, 11:48 PM
ya, i can imagine its annoying. but the reason season ticket holders are sent down to the turnstyles is that the numbers have to be taken of the tickets to account for them in the official attendance and if both season ticket holders and match day ticket holders went in the top, it would far too crowded and we'd be making no use of the turnstyles. lets wait til friday and see whats in store.

Patrick Dunne
22/03/2007, 12:51 PM
There will be two season ticket gates im operation on Friday night,
one at the clubhouse end, and the other at the car park end of the ground.

See www.galwayunitedfc.ie for more information.

geezer
22/03/2007, 9:01 PM
the walkabout that got me it was the standing outside watching the sligo and other supporters stroll in to empty gates. Anyway it was a one off by all accounts but even one complaint from a precious season ticket holder should be enough to get people to listen and sort it. Safety is paramount but its against all marketing efforts to be creating guantanamo bay style atmospheres on what should be an enjoyable friday night experience for familys. One other thing is that 1 of the leading stewards has to learn to be respectful of all fans regardless of their complaints and not treat them like rubbish after handing out hard earned dosh on a season ticket. BTW that steward is not gufct who alway has treated people with decency and common sense when it the pressure is on at Terryland.

sligoman
22/03/2007, 9:06 PM
the walkabout that got me it was the standing outside watching the sligo and other supporters stroll in to empty gates.But sure that gate was leading to our section so unless you wanted to come in with us?

KoemansCC
23/03/2007, 4:38 AM
Would it be beyond the realms of possibility for next years seasons tickets to have a barcode on them, then they can be scanned as they enter the ground. This would save all the hassle of recording numbers on a tally sheet and be far more accurate.

The software/hardware is not that expensive....

gufct
23/03/2007, 8:25 AM
this has been talked about for a few years but never acted on.With the new stand and Turnstiles now is the time it should be sorted.

Patrick Dunne
23/03/2007, 8:27 AM
It would be a good investment. Season tickets would have to be bar-coded
and new turnstiles would have to be installed.

scotsbeer
23/03/2007, 11:14 AM
bar-coding? surely i can drink in any pub i like?

MyTown
23/03/2007, 11:51 AM
Would it be beyond the realms of possibility for next years seasons tickets to have a barcode on them.

The software/hardware is not that expensive....

This has been examined previously and is the right way to go. However, "expense" is a relative term when you're talking about keeping a fully professional operation afloat.....

The new stand provides an opportunity to get this right for next season, but I'd say the club would welcome your thoughts on sourcing a sponsor for the PC, software and reading devices at the turnstiles.

KoemansCC
23/03/2007, 2:50 PM
but I'd say the club would welcome your thoughts on sourcing a sponsor for the PC, software and reading devices at the turnstiles.

Maplin...

geezer
23/03/2007, 3:07 PM
in the innovation centre in the GMIT do all that for fortune500 companies around the globe www.efast.ie