PDA

View Full Version : Division 1

ccfcman
11/01/2003, 12:41 PM
unlucky ye're gone but if the team stays together itll come straight back up cos bray are quite strong,but ha ha none the less

russian submarine?

crc
11/01/2003, 6:47 PM
:eek: ...lead balloon might have been a little less tasteless!!!:p

no doubt brays travel budget will have to increase being outside the Dub & District League!:D

TheSeagullsNest
20/01/2003, 3:36 PM
having to travel to places like Cobh, Limerick and Sligo every 2nd week !!!!!!!!! not looking forward to it one little bit, but i have no complaints - we were **** all season long and fully deserve to be in the position we are

sadloserkid
20/01/2003, 4:18 PM
... I'm looking forward to my day out by the seaside. And I saw ye at Turners Cross and wasn't impressed. You'll be lucky to get back up, especially if you lose many players.

TheSeagullsNest
20/01/2003, 4:27 PM
way ! i meant the expense of travelling around the country, getting time off work etc .........

Thanks god i couldnt make it to the Cork game, but i saw the highlights and we were, well, lets just say BAD. I'm not sure who will defo leave but according toi the roumer mongers half the squad will leave at some point or another.

Byrne to Shels/Rovers
Fox to Arklow Town/UCD
Gormley to Retire
Doohan to Retire
Britton to Rovers
Charles to The States

are to name but a few roumers of what ive heard. Personally i cant see us coming right back up to the premier and i think it might be in our best interests if we didnt. If all these players to leave we'll have no money to buy in new playing staff and have to blood a lot of new talent (which we have quite a bit of !) and the premier isnt the place to do it ! We have some very good youngsters that will hopefully be given there chance next year (Colli James, Daryl Brack, Greg Kilkenny as well as the likes of Zayed and Forsyth)

This is now my bloody only source of EL news as work have banned the network64 sites !!!!!!!!!

Éanna
20/01/2003, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by TheSeagullsNest
having to travel to places like Cobh, Limerick and Sligo every 2nd week !!!!!!!!! not looking forward to it one little bit, but i have no complaints - we were **** all season long and fully deserve to be in the position we are
poor south county dubliners having to travel outside the pale- sure god love ye :rolleyes: :D :D

TheSeagullsNest
20/01/2003, 5:07 PM
the way anyone from outside Dublin thinks that Bray is in Dublin ! the last time i looked it was in Co Wicklow, hence BRAY WANDERERS - THE PRIDE OF WICKLOW.

it good to see that the irish education system has hit the barron lands at last :D

C ya's all next season

Éanna
20/01/2003, 5:10 PM
the way anyone from outside Dublin thinks that Bray is in Dublin
physically it´s in wicklow yes, but ye all sound like dubs anyway :D

p.s. I believe the DART runs to Bray- DART standing for DUBLIN Area Rapid Transport or something, therefore.......... :p

TheSeagullsNest
20/01/2003, 5:17 PM
what are we going to do with out a m. hospital ? we'll just have to give birth in our sheds like the rest of ye muckers :D

The Dart, now your really plucking at straws here lads ! give me something good to work off :D

Éanna
20/01/2003, 5:20 PM
give me something good to work off :D
the ACCENTS man, the ACCENTS! :D
Hilarious incident last season- bunch of us started singing "you´re only south county dublin" and a couple of little scuts turned around and start roarin "we´re nah from dubbelin" in the biggest jackeen accents you´ll ever hear :D :D

TheSeagullsNest
20/01/2003, 5:28 PM
with ya on that one ! well almost, it's nothing compared to a REAL dub ! but it's mad, if ya go 20 minutes south of bray into newton or kilcool, they sound just like you lot ! very funny indeed :p

Stupid question, but who do ya support ?

eamoss
06/02/2003, 4:46 PM
The same thing could happen Bray what happened Dundalk. End up the bottom of the 1st division.

TheSeagullsNest
07/02/2003, 8:06 AM
it getting that bad in all fairness. We still have some very good players at the club with bags of young talent coming through as well, finance are looking ok as well. But you never know

wanderette
07/02/2003, 8:31 AM
yep, have to agree with whats' being said. it broke my heart to see us go down, but it would have been ujust if we had stayed up. and if you look at it in some wierd twisted upside down way, you can pretend to yourself that its a good thing - young players, ground redevelopment and all that, and sure if we'd managed to stay up we would definitely have gone down next season, and in an even more embarrassing no-points-from-36-games fashion!

anyway, a couple of years in the first divison will be just about managable - looking forward to seeing forsyth and zayed skin some of those geriatric defences, and watching tresson glide past old dave hill in midfield...

quick query - does anyone know how to get directly to the message board on eircom league online, god damn college computers don't seem to like the links from the main page!

TheSeagullsNest
07/02/2003, 8:49 AM
Im not what the story with the eircom league board is at the moment, i cant get access from any source - through links or by typing the address in. just keeps saying page not found.

I know Forsyth's staying next season but i just hope we can hold on to Zayed ! he signed either a 1 or 2 year contract which means if it was a one year he'll be off back to the premier on a free transfer, or a 2 year contract means if we dont get promoted next year he'll go on a free then. I hate losing players for nothing !!!!!!! Robbie Doyle, Paul Keegan, Stephen Gough to name but a few - all class players

sadloserkid
07/02/2003, 9:27 AM
The site currently displays the following message:

Network54: This site's forum provider
Network54 is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Update: We changed ISPs last night.

It is taking a while for the DNS to move over. Data is currently being loaded from backup.

Update 7:45PM - still working on getting the servers online.

We will have everything up by tonight, we are restoring from a different backup this time. Previous paranoia is paying off. We see light at the end of the tunnel. Best guess now is by midnight.

Update: 1AM. Recovery in progress...

TheSeagullsNest
07/02/2003, 9:32 AM
thanks for the update. any news on hospital pass ?

sadloserkid
07/02/2003, 9:37 AM
Ah... not really, I think that they're just gonna try and get it going again next season - when you'll be able to give us a snobs view of the first division grounds! ;) And after the break the slk news network (SNN) spends another half-hour replaying the footage of Dave Hill's face as his Cobh side crashed out of the play-offs last week!

TheSeagullsNest
07/02/2003, 9:53 AM
sure according to most people were Dublin Scum :eek: even though were from wicklow. I'll show ya snobs when you take a look at the jacks in the carlisle, lets just say there not nice.
Most of the building work should be finished before next season so it should look all nice and new for your visit.

Im actually looking forward to next season for some reason, hopefully we can win some bloody matches this time round ! So is Limerick safe to visit after all the goings on over the past few weeks - i hope u had nothing to do with it :D

sadloserkid
07/02/2003, 9:56 AM
I never use toilets in Eircom League grounds anyway so we should be ok on that score! As for Limerick if you're a drug dealer I'd suggest staying out of the place, otherwise you'll have a ball! slk recommend Termites on a Saturday night. Rock music and lots of lovely talent ranging between about 16 *cough* and 30. :p

TheSeagullsNest
07/02/2003, 10:35 AM
you say !!!! sounds very interesting, especially the 16 year old part :) only kidden.

sadloserkid
07/02/2003, 10:41 AM
I've always wondered if you shagged a 16 year old in a club and got caught, could you sue the club for millions on the grounds that you assumed she was 18? What a get-rich-quick scheme huh? Everybody wins!!!

TheSeagullsNest
07/02/2003, 11:30 AM
Sounds like someone has a plan !!!! and a great one at that :D

sadloserkid
03/03/2003, 9:58 AM
www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/91456

Away you go wanderette