PDA

View Full Version : Clarification - RE: 'Supporters Club'

DruggyDrog
11/01/2003, 12:26 PM
Plans are underway to set up a Drogheda United Supporters Club. Already, there are feelings in some quarters that this is an attempt to replace or undermine the existing Members Club.
This is definitely NOT the case.
The main aims of any potential Supporters Club are to organise and mobilise supporters on match days, and to create an identity, (which is currently non-existent), for Drog supporters home and away.
EVERYONE who has expressed an interest in any potential supporters club is already part of the Members club, and hope to remain so.

There are enough splits in the club as it stands, the last thing anyone wants is another one!!

Gracey
11/01/2003, 7:00 PM
United we stand. Divided we fall

Everyone must pull together in order for the club to survive.
Last night was a set back, no doubt about that. No use in assigning blame or critising x,y or z. Its game over, nothing can be done about that.
However the drogs have to move forward on the field and off it.
Ok we're in the play off spot. 2 games to go. 6 points available. Its not over yet. Lets concentrate on the next 2 matches.

Now on the Supporters Club front. We have to get this house in order too. The fact that a previous Director decided the Drogs would be better off without a Supporters Club was madness.
The Supporters Club is a very valuable asset to any club in regards to organising supporters at home and away matches, helping out on match days, fundraising etc.
Having only a handful of stewards on match days and paying security makes us look like amateurs. The Dublin clubs laugh at us and would love to see us fail in order to get their Dublin league. We wo'nt make it easy for them.

Lets get the Supporters Club up and running, but do it right and dont let the hierarchy in o2 Park put you off. The S.C does'nt have to be connected in any way with the drogs.

We all want what is best for the Drogs so lets work together close season have have an organisation set up for the start of next season when hopefully the Drogs will be starting another season in the Premier Division.

I'm sorry I won't be around but will be keeping in touch.
I will support whatever Supporters Club is set up. All I can do for my home town and my local team Drogheda United F.C..

JIM