PDA

View Full Version : Murray, O'Flynn: LEGENDS

Neil
11/01/2003, 9:05 AM
We have to keep Murray and O'Flynn. They were outstanding again last night.

The two moments that stood out from last night:
O'Flynn's turn by the DF Stand side of the Rovers penalty area, back-heeling it and turning past the Shams defender.
And Murray looking like he wanted to run straight INTO the Shed to celebrate with the fans after scoring! Magic!

PLEASE STAY JOHN AND DAN!

thecorner
11/01/2003, 9:10 AM
if we had another 3 or 4 with the heart of flynny and murray we would be battling for first spot now

SSS
11/01/2003, 9:12 AM
No argument there.

I think that honourable mention must also go to Greg ( again) and Warren. Warren hasn't played so well since the opening game of the season. He had some good thrusting runs in the first half and those two great shots in the second. If he gets a good run in the team I think he'll turn out to be a great asset.

Neil
11/01/2003, 9:16 AM
Add Rennie to that list so! IMO he's only a fraction behind Flynny as being Cork City's player of the season.

Reynolds is another player who we HAVE to keep.

PLEASE STAY RENNIE!

patsh
11/01/2003, 1:01 PM
Devine
Hoggie Napier Murray ??
Warren Greg Rennie George
J O'F ??

On the bench: Benno, Carey, CT, CP, O'Grady, Gaz
Ifwe can bring in two more players and have this as our 1st team and squad next year, I think it's a team that can win the league.
The manager is another matter.

shedite
11/01/2003, 1:17 PM
I reckon the team that played last night was the strongest we have available, with Napier to return for Daly.

During the off season, we should be looking to sign Murry full-time, and look for a patsy-like midfielder, perhaps Kirby of Longford. If JOFY does go, get Jason Byrne. He was relegated with Bray last night.

Colm
11/01/2003, 1:45 PM
From what I've heard it seems that Bray have already come to an agreement with Shels regarding Jason Byrne.

As for Flynny and Murray, it is absolutly essential that we keep them. Reynolds is another one we could do with holding onto. However, I won't be as worried if Devine goes, he is a great keeper but IMO out of those 4 players he is the most replaceable.
Flynny and Murray will probably either both stay or both go, they appear inseperable.

Pablo
11/01/2003, 5:36 PM
I wonder will the posh look for a fee for Murray. especially as they let flynny go for nothing and he's now getting all this attention.

It said on De Paper that Danny has another year and a half left on his contract but he wants to sign for city.
He's quality that boy

Counting Crow
11/01/2003, 8:12 PM
Neil - I have to say I agree with everything you say in the attached posts regarding JO'F, Murray and Renno.

Words of wisdom and what a threesome.

We should add the following to the list of talent that must stay
1. Both Colin O'Briens
2. Devine
3. Greg
4. George etc, etc, etc

Folks it is obvious we have a young talented team that will deliver if they stay together.

thecorner
12/01/2003, 1:04 AM
there is a wealth of talent in the club but i wouldnt be suprised if our talent went to the so called"PRO" clubs in the LOI
ashamed to say it but if city dont gopro we will see dublin taken our best players if they cant go over the water

Peadar
12/01/2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Pablo
I wonder will the posh look for a fee for Murray. It said on De Paper that Danny has another year and a half left on his contract but he wants to sign for city.

They are hoping to stay out of the relegation battle and are very cash strapped. I wouldn't be surprised if they took him back for the end of the English season but sold him on then.
With a bit of luck they'll take a small fee now and let him go.

Counting Crow
12/01/2003, 10:38 AM
I think Lennox is right in his approach. He said in an recent interview that we need to walk before we can run.

He is getting the facilities right first to ensure people who do come back will stay - people nowadays won't put up with second rate facilities.
He is doing it in conjunction with developing an exciting team - sure we will loose some players but it is a fact of life in football.

If we do loose some players then I think Lennox is shrewed enough to get the best deal and then bring in even better players.

Remember a big Club with an impressive stadium and passionate support will entice players to City - look at Murray's reaction to recently to our Club.

dalo
13/01/2003, 8:23 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
I think Lennox is right in his approach. He said in an recent interview that we need to walk before we can run.

sure we will loose some players but it is a fact of life in football.

If we do loose some players then I think Lennox is shrewed enough to get the best deal and then bring in even better players.

Remember a big Club with an impressive stadium and passionate support will entice players to City - look at Murray's reaction to recently to our Club.

still though it is imperative we keep murray, reynolds, flynn and give players like greg more advanced role in the team. the latter has so much untapped potentail as a player and a leader.

if players have to go let george and billy do the walking