PDA

View Full Version : Problems tonight v Portadown

Risteard
20/03/2007, 1:12 PM
Joey and Colin out.
Kearney struggling for fitness.
Corks finest journalist says Darren Murphy will start centre-mid in the Evening Ego.

This could be a great chance to give someone like Cathal Lordan a run and we could kickstart our season with a stunning debut goal and rejuvenate the troops.

Much more likely though is a repeat of 2005.
I reckon this could be the culmination of our bad start.

I'd go with
--------------Mick----------
Hoggy--Murray--Kelly---Ryan
Cathal--Murphy--Softic-Woods
---------Roy----JOF-------

assuming Kearneys out.

Makeshift midfield anyway regardless.
Rico will probably go with Cillian on the right.

Hitman
20/03/2007, 2:04 PM
I'm just hoping Kelly gets a better reception than the mindless abuse he got from one idiot in the Derrynane, plus all the helpful tactical advice he got to give it to Woods when he kept sweeping perfect cross-field passes to Kearney.

Risteard
20/03/2007, 2:54 PM
Correctimundo Hitman.
Billy does seem to get a tough time off some of the players but i think we can spare Kelly our advice on his distribution.

It is interesting to see the ball being sprayed around like that by a central defender actually.
While he does launch it at nearly every opportunity, a decent proportion of them do actually set someone free and we could do with becoming more direct until we get some creativity in the centre of the field.

pete
20/03/2007, 5:02 PM
If the injuries are to be believed:

--------------Mick----------
Hoggy--Murray--Kelly---Ryan
Killian--Murphy--Softic-Woods
---------Roy----JOF-------

Bench: McNulty, Lally, Cathal Lordan, Behan, + 3 U21 players.

Could also play Behan instead of Killian/Murphy/Softic with 3 up front or Roy on the right midfield.

wws
20/03/2007, 5:43 PM
predictions lads?

is it home or away?

ports have no defence, Michael Convery out ofr season and the lad at Uni doesnt 'do' setanta midweek games. all in all a chance to finally get a win!