PDA

View Full Version : city1 rovers 1. JUST 2 QUESTIONS

thecorner
10/01/2003, 11:56 PM
OK WE WERE LUCKY TO GET A DRAW OFF THE SCUM. Y WAS WARREN TAKE OFF AND HOW THE **** WAS BILLY WOODS STILL ON THE PITCH AT FULL TIME. HE WAS PATHETIC.

NICE TO SEE DECCIE BEING TAKEN OFF THOUGH

mahony
11/01/2003, 12:13 AM
1. City played well in the 2nd half and billy woods wasn't the worst player out there.

2. David warren played excellent and it shows how bad murphys tactics were.

3. Conor O' Grady couldn't hit a barn door with a bucket of ****.

4. The look on the scums faces when Murray taped in the goal

PRICELESS!!!

KNOCK THE SHED BUILD A BIGGER CORNER.

THE PRESENCE OF A GARDA MADE YEE VERY UNUSUALLY QUIET TONIGHT BOYS...

Counting Crow
11/01/2003, 12:57 AM
Have to agree - I thoght City played well in the second half and shaded it. They deserved to get something out of the game.

CITY FOR THE INTER TOTO CUP AND A GLAMEROUS TIE IN BELARUS!!!!!!

I thought Murray was really good tonight - really calm on the ball.

The Echo said tonight ( therfore it must be true ) that he want's to sign full time - sign him up for Ch***t sake.

Shane
11/01/2003, 2:02 AM
To be honest, I don't think we were lucky. A draw was a fair result. Think of the number of chances we had second half. Robbie Rovers did well in goal to be fair to the guy. We played some good football second half. IMO Billy certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch. He made a few breaks second half and played some good first time balls in the first. Can't see whey Warren was taken off though. Deccie must have been counting the minutes and seem to know his number was coming.

Dan was superb and John O's drive and determination second half was great to see. Let's see if we can go crazy and get a result in Longford. Flying pigs we say!

patsh
11/01/2003, 12:55 PM
Jasus lads, what match we ye at?
City should have hammered the sh*t of them last night, and would have only for O'Dowd. He stopped at least 4 certain goals and broke our hearts again.
The attempt at a shot which Devine left go through his hands, the poxy goal and one other shot were all that the scum came up with.
A fair score would have been 5 - 1.

Fair play to Deccie last night, he kept the maggot very quite and had a fairly good game I thought.
Conor O'Grady was the worst player on the pitch last night, he just didn't seem to have his mind on the game at all.
It was great to see George getting stuck in, keeping his mouth shut and showing us what a good player he can be.
I thought Billy was very involved and played quite well and created an awful lot from the left.
David Warren was very good again, Murray was superb, Rennie was great, Greg hadn't the best game, but still got stuck in, J O'F gave his all as usual, Mickey was shaky at times, Hoggie played well and CP, Benno and CT all put in the effort.
It was great to see the team fighting til the last and if we could show that spirit in every game, we would have won the league a month ago.

Well I just read all the other posts about last nights game, so i'm in a minority of 1 regarding Daly and Billy !!:p

eoinh
11/01/2003, 1:51 PM
i though deccie played really well last night. i thought city in the second half were brilliant. imo woods had a disaster. in fairness gunther after we went one nil down got his tatics right. he brought on colin o brien up front and georgie dropped back a small bit. Deccie wasken off for lack of speed when we needed to push further. Horgan and o'flynn were stupendous again.
blondie colin was great when brought on again and should start in all matchs imo.
rovers delaying tactics at the end was very annoying.
last gasp draw fcking beautiful.

Gone Away
11/01/2003, 2:16 PM
Woods was a fooking disaster. He had no input into the game at all. Totally uninterested, and hiding.

Warren was a star, as was Flynn. His work rate was unreal.

Interesting that Lennox said in his program notes, that he was saying that there will be a Director of Football next season.

Who might that be??

leesider
11/01/2003, 4:05 PM
First home game I have been to and it makes a change from watching them in dumpland where they play crap! Thought City were very impressive especially in the second and could have won by a few. IMO Billy wasn't too bad and made some good runs 2nd half, Flynn was class and his work rate superb! Daly needs to go and why was Warren taken off????

To be honest I didn't think much of Rovers they only had a few attacking chances, admittedly they played City off the park up in the pale but City were by far the better team last night IMHO!!!

patsh
11/01/2003, 6:02 PM
Originally posted by Gone Away
Interesting that Lennox said in his program notes, that he was saying that there will be a Director of Football next season.

Who might that be??

I see Rico was an interested spectator last night. According to Trevor on the Big Red Bench, Rico was hanging around Cork today as well and they were travelling up together to the Bohs v $hels game.
I'm starting a rumour now that Gunther is moving sideways and Rico will be the manager !!!!

On the BRB, Rico was interviewed and he said that J O'F should not be bothered with the likes of Aberdeen or Wigan because he is too good for them !

Counting Crow
11/01/2003, 8:04 PM
I think Billy is a real talent but is not doing himself justice.

His one real problem is he gets sucked into the middle of the park far too much and as a result misses out on good chances to break from out wide.

Fix this and he would become a real gem. If he doesn't he will start to loose confidence and those morons who slag off our own players will start getting on his back.

Bround
11/01/2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
OK WE WERE LUCKY TO GET A DRAW OFF THE SCUM. Y WAS WARREN TAKE OFF AND HOW THE **** WAS BILLY WOODS STILL ON THE PITCH AT FULL TIME. HE WAS PATHETIC.

??? Talk about hurling on the ditch! City well deserved the draw and probably a win. Deccie was a powerhouse! Fine solid game. Doucha Deccie boy and *** the whingers!

Bround
11/01/2003, 10:39 PM

??? Talk about hurling on the ditch! City well deserved the draw and probably a win. Deccie was a powerhouse! Fine solid game. Doucha Deccie boy and *** the whingers!

thecorner
12/01/2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Bround

bround r u deccies lovechild by any chance

Troy.McClure
12/01/2003, 1:29 PM
Didnt see the game but heard on the radio that City had loads of chances and that O'Dowd had the game of his life with some of the saves of the season. Sounds like City should have won by a few.

James
12/01/2003, 1:35 PM
ist half was some of the boringist and worst football i've seen from city (at home :) ) this year

we were phish

second half alot better

but what i loved is the quote from gunther in yesterdays echo saying something like.
i think tonight we proved that we are the best footballing side in the league

:D

Bround
12/01/2003, 8:32 PM
bround r u deccies lovechild by any chance
If he had sex when he was minus two then maybe...
Decci had a good game (shock horror)

Shed End John
13/01/2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Gone Away

Who might that be??

Noelle!!!:D :mad:

Shed End John
13/01/2003, 10:32 AM

Even nicer to see Gunther getting sent off!!:D :D :D
Murray was fantastic, so the sooner we take him off Peterborough's hands permanently the better as far as I'm concerned. Deccie was all right, still past his sell by though. Only bad thing being City didn't seem all that interested 'til they went 1-0 down.

Murphy Out Now!!!

niamh
13/01/2003, 10:34 AM
Once Rovers went in front, City were the better team.

At the end of the day we barely managed a draw at home and most people were leaving the ground happy cause we got a last minute draw.

Shed End John
13/01/2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by niamh
At the end of the day we barely managed a draw at home and most people were leaving the ground happy cause we got a last minute draw.

Probably because it was a helluva lot better than losing the game. But, no I don't think it will be enough to clinch Europe. Pats and Longford are more than capable of beating (hammering?) us on their grounds. Which would leave Rovers with very little to do to squeeze past us.

Murphy Out Now!!!

razor
13/01/2003, 10:43 AM
I was disappointed we only got a draw, we were by far the better team and deserved all 3 points.

I thought JOF tried and tried and Warren was excellent also. Conor O'Grady is not the same player since his injury and was poor.
Hoggie is an unsung hero and ran all night long, great heart.

Interested to see Gunther make the changes that were the most obvious, that doesn't happen often.

Anyone know why he was sent off ?

Shed End John
13/01/2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by razor
Anyone know why he was sent off ?

Giving a VERY deserving ref a bit of lip. Probably hurt his feelings too much. :p

Murphy Out Now!!!

yan
13/01/2003, 2:32 PM
one thing lads

about o'grady

you all seem to have short memories-i agree that he didnt have a good game but he was our player of the season in his first year and after that season he has been dogged by injuries

he could be the perfect midfielder when he is fit with a few games behind him

he was excellent before his injuries

Éanna
14/01/2003, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
I'm starting a rumour now that Gunther is moving sideways and Rico will be the manager !!!!
That´d be ok by me

yan
15/01/2003, 8:36 AM
rico seemed to know what he wants- he always talks about the talent in the munster area waiting to be found!!! he is the kind of manager that wouldnt put up bwoods lazyness and he would a bit character or charisma to the club-well he would a manager who isnt afraid to change things and has a good knowledge of tactics-of which gunther is r£tard£d

he would be fine with me aswell

Éanna
15/01/2003, 9:27 AM
heard a few rumours that this might actually be happening :)

yan
15/01/2003, 9:39 AM
lennox did say he was going to appoint a director of football so maybe-hopefully-that will be murphy's new position and rico takes over as manager

niamh
15/01/2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by yan
one thing lads

about o'grady

he was excellent before his injuries

Agree with you 100%. O'Grady was class last season. He got injured early this season, was brought back too early and has suffered since. He limped off in Longford. He'd prob be better off leaving it for this season and concentrating and making it back fully fit in a few months.

He is a good player but you need games to get on form.

Éanna
15/01/2003, 12:58 PM
o´grady was excellent last year, and has been unlucky with injuries this season. but fact is there´s only 2 places available at centre-mid and IMO based on recent form, Greg and Rennie are the most deserving candidates. sounds harsh, and maybe it is, but form is what counts.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 10:14 AM

Hold your thunder there, oddboy. Flashback: 1993/94 season, City, by far the best team in the League, manage to lose it by 7 points with, you've guessed it, Rico as manager. I rest my case.

Murphy Out Now!!!

patsh
16/01/2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Hold your thunder there, oddboy. Flashback: 1993/94 season, City, by far the best team in the League, manage to lose it by 7 points with, you've guessed it, Rico as manager. I rest my case.

Murphy Out Now!!!
So ??
All I said was "Gunther is moving sideways and Rico will be the manager !!!! "
I made no comment on whether it is a good or bad thing.

joe
16/01/2003, 11:34 AM

Murphy Out Now!!!

who would you have as manager so, and please don't say Dave Hill?

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by joe

Though Hilly is doing quite a good job with Cobh, I don't think he has enough experience to be ready for a job as big as CCFC.....just yet. There isn't exactly alot of managerial talent floating around at the moment, but, I don't think we should be so blind as to rush in and assume Rico will solve all our problems 'cause he won't!

Murphy Out Now!!!

patsh
16/01/2003, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by joe
For a start, I don't think Rico is the answer to all our problems, but I do think he could take the senior team farther than LM.
Looking around the league, S. Kenny seems to be the best manager, but he will not leave Bohs. I personally do not think Buckley, Fenlon or mcCue are very good, Doolin and Matthews seem to have done a fair job, Dolan and Devlin won't move, nor will Mahon I think. Jimmy McGeough seems to be on the ball but would he move?
So of those currently in the el, I think Matthews, McGeogh would be good choices.
I don't know of anyone in local/junior soccer who I think would be up to the job, though there may be a few. So unless someone comes in from abroad, I think Rico is the best pick at the moment.
Maybe Aldo ??:D
or......Robbo.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 2:37 PM
Maybe Aldo ??:D
or......Robbo.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

F**k it, might as well consider Peter Reid while we're at it! :D

Murphy Out Now!!!

niamh
16/01/2003, 5:20 PM
of course it is form that counts, but Greg is needed elsewhere it appears.

Colm
16/01/2003, 6:19 PM
There isn't exactly alot of managerial talent floating around at the moment, but, I don't think we should be so blind as to rush in and assume Rico will solve all our problems 'cause he won't!

Murphy Out Now!!! So you think we shouldn't rush in to anything, yet you finish all your posts by saying Murphy Out NOW. Either you want change or you don't. What is your problem with Rico anyway, you said that there isnt a lot of managerial talent floating around at the moment so surely Rico has to be the pick of who we could realistically get.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Rico is our saviour.:)

James
16/01/2003, 6:23 PM
damn righht colmn

rico is the best one available and ready to come into the city setup now, were murphy to go.

Rico for City

niamh
16/01/2003, 6:25 PM
it seems to be that way anyway. but then think of TV3's coverage - the could have King one week and Gunther the next. comprehensive, insightful analysis...

can see it now...so why do you reckon that Shels did not win tonight Liam?
"dey were unlucky I guess"

James
16/01/2003, 6:29 PM
maybe
'the shels player werent honest enough'

or possibly even

'too honest for their own good sometimes'

hahaha murph for tv3

Colm
16/01/2003, 6:31 PM
And if they're not honest they should be gotten rid of!;) :D

joe
16/01/2003, 8:20 PM
Though Hilly is doing quite a good job with Cobh, I don't think he has enough experience to be ready for a job as big as CCFC.....just yet. There isn't exactly alot of managerial talent floating around at the moment, but, I don't think we should be so blind as to rush in and assume Rico will solve all our problems 'cause he won't!

Murphy Out Now!!!

so you want murphy out, but you don't know who you want int.....typical. maybe we could revolutionise a 'no need for a manager' style of club?

James
17/01/2003, 12:15 PM
yeah like some club did b4 cant remember which one but ran something like a txt poll for fans to pick the team and make changes during the match.

patsh
17/01/2003, 1:25 PM
Originally posted by James
yeah like some club did b4 cant remember which one but ran something like a txt poll for fans to pick the team and make changes during the match.
Wasn't that in Norway or Finland?
Didn't the team just avoid relegation??;)

Éanna
17/01/2003, 2:05 PM
that was in finland, yeah.

re rico: don´t think he´s the best manager in the league, but he´s the best of those who would take the city job, i.e. the best available candidate IMO