PDA

View Full Version : UCD vs Cork

DmanDmythDledge
19/03/2007, 6:20 PM
Tony Mc will still be out for this if you believe what the LOI website said. Cork aren't as strong as previous years and have had bad start to the season so a win is very much possible. I reckon we could nick this one.

pineapple stu
19/03/2007, 6:33 PM
Yeah, before the Drogheda game he was reported as being out for two weeks.

Poor Student
19/03/2007, 6:36 PM
What's the chances Cork could get Healy and Farrelly in for this one? Although I'm not sure if they'd be more of a help or a hinderance.

Daz Ryan is said by some to be their best player this season, make of that what you will.

DmanDmythDledge
19/03/2007, 6:52 PM
What's the chances Cork could get Healy and Farrelly in for this one? Although I'm not sure if they'd be more of a help or a hinderance.
They will more than likely be available for selection.

Bald Student
19/03/2007, 8:48 PM
what will the excuse be?

Evens. Some type of Dublin based conspiracy.
3/1. Pitch markings were of a non standard width.
3/1. Goal posts were the wrong colour.
5/1. Dublin air of inferiour quality to Cork air.
5/1. UCDD using incorrect style of play, Cork being more suited to 3-5-2 formations used by european clubs in the inter-toto cup.
10/1. The discovery that Darragh Ryan is not the messiah.
100/1* Some failing on Cork's part.

*Novelty bet

pineapple stu
19/03/2007, 9:34 PM
Are you prepared to offer odds on the slippery nature pitch brought about, completely impossibly, by the long grass?

SÓC
19/03/2007, 9:37 PM
God I hate when we play UCD.

Usually means crap game, a draw and serious injuries to our players...must be the crap pitch :P

Risteard
20/03/2007, 1:06 AM
Daz Ryan is said by some to be their best player this season.
Who?
Haven't heard anyone say that.

UCD 1-0.
Awful feeling today that the whole Farrelly/Healy thing is going to come tumbling down and Citys slow start looks like it could go on for quite a bit.
Haven't had much glory in Belfield.

CollegeTillIDie
20/03/2007, 6:35 AM
Who?

UCD 1-0.
Awful feeling today that the whole Farrelly/Healy thing is going to come tumbling down and Citys slow start looks like it could go on for quite a bit.
Haven't had much glory in Belfield.

I see so beating us 5-1 on our own patch a couple of years ago doesn't count does it? :confused:

GavinZac
20/03/2007, 9:50 AM
I see so beating us 5-1 on our own patch a couple of years ago doesn't count does it? :confused:

no, its to be expected against the weaker teams. if we don't get that kind of result its a failure.

ooooh you can just feel the superiority oozing out :D

Pablo
20/03/2007, 9:52 AM
Daz Ryan is said by some to be their best player this season, make of that what you will.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not by anyone actually watching us play thats for sure!

John83
20/03/2007, 11:20 AM
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a relief. Would have explained that Galway result though.

Poor Student
20/03/2007, 11:33 AM
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've definitely seen it on the CCFC forum.

Pablo
20/03/2007, 11:50 AM

It must be true then!

GavinZac
20/03/2007, 11:52 AM

That forum's gone downhill recently ;)

CollegeTillIDie
20/03/2007, 7:15 PM
no, its to be expected against the weaker teams. if we don't get that kind of result its a failure.

ooooh you can just feel the superiority oozing out :D

I thought of a new chant for you City lads

Give me an A
Give me an R
Give me another R
Give me an O
Give me a G
Give me another A
Give me an N
Give me a T
What are we? ARROGANT
ARROGANT
:D

Pablo
21/03/2007, 9:39 AM
I thought of a new chant for you City lads

Give me an A
Give me an R
Give me another R
Give me an O
Give me a G
Give me another A
Give me an N
Give me a T
What are we? ARROGANT
ARROGANT
:D

we prefer the "we're from Cork and we're better than you" chant

rebelarmyexile
21/03/2007, 10:34 AM
any know is there a direct bus to Belfield Park, or to Fosters Place? Dont want to have to walk through the college again

Schumi
21/03/2007, 10:40 AM
any know is there a direct bus to Belfield Park, or to Fosters Place? Dont want to have to walk through the college again46A. Get off at the Radisson Hotel, it's directly across from Foster's Avenue.

DmanDmythDledge
21/03/2007, 11:29 AM
The 46B and 17 go right outside the entrance to Belfield Park.

John83
21/03/2007, 11:43 AM
any know is there a direct bus to Belfield Park, or to Fosters Place? Dont want to have to walk through the college again
http://stigonline.com/league/directions.htm##21
See bottom of the map for the route Schumi mentioned.

pineapple stu
21/03/2007, 12:32 PM
The 46B and 17 go right outside the entrance to Belfield Park.
Provided you have a spare couple of hours to wait for them.

46A's probably the best. Get off at the Radison, cross the road, head up Foster's Avenue (the t-junction there) and the ground's in on your right.

Risteard
21/03/2007, 12:48 PM

Ya, I've actually changed my mind.
4-0 to City.
I'm expecting a Healy, Farrelly, Gamble triangle in midfield.

+ Poor Student,
I'd be very surprised if anyone even on that site said that, although Ryan is beginning to settle in now.
Where's that thesis?

pineapple stu
21/03/2007, 12:55 PM
Well, there's at least a very positive thread (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16832&st=0) about him on the Cork forum (well, it starts off very anti-him, and then hilariously swings very much pro-him on the basis of one game. Fickle fickle! :)).

Here's (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=16832&view=findpost&p=314872) one person anyway saying he's been Cork's best player this season.

And I love this (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=16832&view=findpost&p=316130) comment! :D

GavinZac
21/03/2007, 12:56 PM
Well, there's at least a very positive thread (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16832&st=0) about him on the Cork forum (well, it starts off very anti-him, and then hilariously swings very much pro-him on the basis of one game. Fickle fickle! :)).

Here's (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=16832&view=findpost&p=314872) one person anyway saying he's been Cork's best player this season.

And I love this (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=16832&view=findpost&p=316130) comment! :D

could you quote them? some of us arent fortunate enough to be eligible members of such a fine establishment.

John83
21/03/2007, 1:04 PM
could you quote them? some of us arent fortunate enough to be eligible members of such a fine establishment.
Ah, the traditional Corkonian paranoia which has their forums private.

IMO ryan has been city's best player so far this season.[b]

and he doesn't get caught out of position, unlike his predecessor

The thread PS mentioned is 3 pages long, but it's much as he said... From

So basically we have a fat, rubbish new left back, and all this from 2 games, none of which have been at Turners Cross. As the other thread is called, thats a fair bit of over reacting and over analysis even for this forum. As soccerlady said, Devine and Gamble did no better. I hope its not gonna be a case of all the bitter Danny Murphy fans giving Darragh stick.

to

I think Ryan is going to be a pretty good signing for us from what I've seen. He is comfortable on the ball and isn't afraid to bring it forward. So much so that the other three lads are more than happy to switch the play to the left more often than not as something generally happens when he is allowed to bring the ball up the field.

As an attacking full back option I think his ability in this regard is going to benefit the club more so than his defending, which seems to be solid enough.

GavinZac
21/03/2007, 1:08 PM
Ah, the traditional Corkonian paranoia which has their forums private.its just an effort to get the number of registered users up. unfortunately the admin hasnt changed the warning system accordingly and being banned from posting also means not being able to read the forum.

Pablo
21/03/2007, 2:38 PM
Ryan had a poor first 2 games. He looked very unfit, and had zero touch.

The last 2 games he seems fitter, hungrier, more aggressive and well able to pass. I dunno maybe its because he's a full time pro now that he's come on.

The Jury is still out though.

Risteard
21/03/2007, 3:13 PM
I think he looks decent. I reckon he'll improve under Davey Hill aswell in time.

Back on topic.4-0 City

Poor Student
22/03/2007, 9:46 AM
+ Poor Student,
I'd be very surprised if anyone even on that site said that, although Ryan is beginning to settle in now.
Where's that thesis?

There's one member of Darren's fanclub anyway: http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=16832&view=findpost&p=314872

I e-mailed it to you ages ago. I sent you another e-mail to confirm I've got the right e-mail address. If not, PM it to me again.

derm
22/03/2007, 10:09 AM
All of the new signings (including Kearney) have performed well in comparison to a lot of the existing first teamers. Though that's not saying a hell of a lot. We have been lucky with the fixtures as the team has had no preseason and it shows; had we been up against some of the bigger boys our goal difference could be looking miserable.

Hopefully the win against Ports will kickstart the season and Healy and Farrelly will become available soon. Colin and Gamble need to know they have to fight to get on the team as our midfield has been shocking.

If the boys don't get clearance and ye can stifle Kearney then our main creative threat is from Ryan or Kelly (Central Defender) :eek:

Roy and JO'F will always cause problems tho'.

Honestly don't know how this one will go, :confused: too many variables !

Tir Oilean
22/03/2007, 10:23 AM
Thought Darragh Ryan wasnt too bad when I saw him play. Dont think you have much to worry about Pete there was a big improvement over the Galway performance on Tues in Setanta Cup.

Wrigleyman
22/03/2007, 3:22 PM
Is it right that if you show an Ireland-Wales ticket when buying for UCD-City it's only €10? That's a good idea if so, though it should work the other way to i.e. regulars at EL games should get discounts on Ireland tickets. Does the 18 bus go anywhere near the ground?

John83
22/03/2007, 4:19 PM
Is it right that if you show an Ireland-Wales ticket when buying for UCD-City it's only €10? That's a good idea if so, though it should work the other way to i.e. regulars at EL games should get discounts on Ireland tickets.
Yeah, it's a one off idea from the club. Might work nicely - any langers heading along to Croker on Saturday might consider coming up a day early a little harder.

Does the 18 bus go anywhere near the ground?
Allegedly. I've never seen one, and while its timetable says it makes an appearance at Belfield, I can't seem to find where it stops. It seems to stop at Vincents too, so I'll hazard a guess that it would let you off at the N11 flyover, about a 5-7 minute walk to Belfield Park. (map (http://stigonline.com/images/directions.jpg))

Can anyone clarify?

SÓC
22/03/2007, 6:47 PM
Is Radisson best place for a pre-match pint these days?

pineapple stu
22/03/2007, 7:13 PM
Was never in there, although never thought about it as a replacement for the Montrose, to be honest. Good spot, possibly!

The Montrose or Lonnegan's (a pub connected to the Montrose) are the usual places.

DmanDmythDledge
22/03/2007, 7:22 PM
I've heard Kielys in Mount Merrion is good craic.

Schumi
22/03/2007, 7:25 PM
Is Radisson best place for a pre-match pint these days?Quite expensive I believe.

Schumi
23/03/2007, 4:43 PM
Cork seem to have several doubtful players for the game: Liam Kearney (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=27010), Darren Murphy & Brian O’Callaghan (http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=214078968&p=zy4x79674&t=soccer). Don't know if they're really injured though.

Risteard
23/03/2007, 4:59 PM
Darren Murphy is definately out.
Out of those 3, Kearney would be the only starter and I think he's likely to shake it off.

Student Mullet
26/03/2007, 6:58 AM
what will the excuse be?

Evens. Some type of Dublin based conspiracy.
3/1. Pitch markings were of a non standard width.
3/1. Goal posts were the wrong colour.
5/1. Dublin air of inferiour quality to Cork air.
5/1. UCDD using incorrect style of play, Cork being more suited to 3-5-2 formations used by european clubs in the inter-toto cup.
10/1. The discovery that Darragh Ryan is not the messiah.
100/1* Some failing on Cork's part.

*Novelty bet
We have a winner (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=651456&postcount=3):

Deserved win as we created all the chances with patchwork side. Same old belfield - won't cut the spongy grass...

The grass was too spongy.

Risteard
26/03/2007, 12:48 PM
No, it was one nil

Schumi
26/03/2007, 1:12 PM
No, it was one nilSurely considered a failure by a club of Cork's hugeness?

Risteard
26/03/2007, 1:33 PM
No, we'll take it.
Thanks.

Poor Student
26/03/2007, 6:36 PM
Someone else on the CCFC forum said Devine had trouble clearing the ball because he had to kick it in different directions......:confused:

Schumi
26/03/2007, 6:39 PM
Someone else on the CCFC forum said Devine had trouble clearing the ball because he had to kick it in different directions......:confused:I knew it, it's our two dimensional pitch that confused them.

GavinZac
26/03/2007, 7:36 PM
I knew it, it's our two dimensional pitch that confused them.

as opposed to your one-dimensional tactics

booyah!