PDA

View Full Version : EL Fans at the Cricket World Cup

Niall
19/03/2007, 1:36 PM
Watching the WC in the early hours of Saturday Morning and noticied a Ireland fan at the match wearing a Shamrock Rovers jersey, definely not Celtic as the Woodies logo was clear to see. Without a doubt the most exotic location an EL fan has been seen spotted in I think ?

Red&White
19/03/2007, 1:39 PM
Glory hunters.

Demoshield
19/03/2007, 2:18 PM
Glory hunters.

What about the Derry City FC flag raised in the ring after John Duddy won his fight with Anthony Bonsante in Madison Square Garden, New York on Saturday night? A few DCFC scarves in the crowd also!

headtheball
19/03/2007, 2:37 PM
Watching the WC in the early hours of Saturday Morning and noticied a Ireland fan at the match wearing a Shamrock Rovers jersey, definely not Celtic as the Woodies logo was clear to see. Without a doubt the most exotic location an EL fan has been seen spotted in I think ?

Maribor Kev's Dad and brother are out at the Cricket world cup and were spotted at the game too. So Derry City have at least two fans out at it.;)

headtheball
19/03/2007, 2:39 PM
What about the Derry City FC flag raised in the ring after John Duddy won his fight with Anthony Bonsante in Madison Square Garden, New York on Saturday night? A few DCFC scarves in the crowd also!

Great to see the flag in the ring. I think it was Duddy's trainer who was flyin it.:D

dcfc_1928
19/03/2007, 3:31 PM
During the Zimbabwe game, I noticed a bloke wearing an old Shamrock Rovers shirt - the one with Tennents Lager sponsorship (mid 90s?)

Aaron
19/03/2007, 4:14 PM
I also seen a few NI flags. Plenty of Derry heads at the Duddy fight aswell

MariborKev
19/03/2007, 8:27 PM
Speaking to me da he has met Rovers, Bohez, Sligo fans out there.

There were a few watching the game on Setanta Broadband last night...

MariborKev
19/03/2007, 8:28 PM
Without a doubt the most exotic location an EL fan has been seen spotted in I think ?

Dunno I am sure a few on here could have claim to that.....

bholg
20/03/2007, 12:09 AM
Dunno I am sure a few on here could have claim to that.....

dont even want 2 chance it....