PDA

View Full Version : Laptop screen problem.

osarusan
18/03/2007, 11:16 PM
So......I turned off the computer last night, and all was well.......shut down properly.

This morning, when I turned it on........all is not well. I cant explain it well, but it all looks.......bigger.

It's like a camera which has focused in too much, and lost some of its resolution. All the graphics are bigger and slightly lower quality resolution.

The horizontal bar at the bottom of the webpage (dont know the name, but it is the bar which you can drag left or right to see parts of the page which are currently offscreen) now indicates that there are parst of the page which are currently off screen, which never happened before with foot.ie for example, or bbc.

On my desktop, the icons (which are in vertical lines, starting from the left side of the screen) have increased in size to the point where, instead of being 2 lines of icons, the same number of icons in now 2 and a half.

Any help anybody?

DmanDmythDledge
18/03/2007, 11:33 PM
Right click on a blank part of your desktop. Go to properties, then settings and try adjusting the screen resolution.

osarusan
18/03/2007, 11:43 PM
Cheers for that......I did that, actually I did that first, and i can choose different resolutions, but none of them match the previous resolution.

I've also noticed that my desktop background picture has reverted to one of the windows default pictures.