PDA

View Full Version : Youths 1-0 Cobh ....Our first victory !!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

charliesboots
22/03/2007, 1:50 PM
Just thaught I'd post a pic of the cover of the programme up:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/thunderwex/wyfcpro.jpg

I see Pat Ronan was match sponsor. An absolute gentleman and great supporter of Pats over the years.

wws
22/03/2007, 2:20 PM
Mr Saintmainia

passinginterest
22/03/2007, 4:11 PM
Mick Wallaces, shall we say intersting, account of the first home game, now on Unison (http://www.unison.ie/wexford_people/stories.php3?ca=37&si=1798714&issue_id=15400).

YellowbellyRed
22/03/2007, 4:56 PM
A class act, shame I missed it. For anyone without access to unison...

Considering the day that was in it, I decided to go for a swim at Bannow Island on Sunday morning.

The power and cold of the sea has a humbling effect on an individual and braces one for the challenges that lie ahead. And challenges there are many.

Playing our first-ever League of Ireland game in Wexford presented them from all angles. Trying to have the teams prepared, Seanie O'Shea getting the ground right, Ioam Fedorca sorting out the complex, Simon Aust organising the stewards, thankfully with great help from the Gardai, all keeping disturbance of the neighbours to a minimum.

Cathal Fanning and my brother, Joseph, taking care of financial matters, and Luca Boccalo putting food and wine in order.

Many people, too numerous to mention, helped out in order to make it all happen.

Taking the players for a session on Saturday, followed by pasta and salad in Enoteca D'Alba, and the same on Sunday before game preparations, all seemed like the easy part. The game, the crowd, the goal, the win - incredible. Impossible to play good football against the gale-force wind in the first-half, a bit easier in the second. The passion and honesty throughout the team was emotional for all 90 minutes, the crowd were fantastic, all 2,500 of them, and to crown it all the Gods smiled on us.

Grazie a Tutti per Tutto, thanks to so many for so much. What a beautiful day!

Mick Wallace

Tazskool
22/03/2007, 6:18 PM
awww *tears* :)

cheifo
23/03/2007, 12:25 AM
Great piece by your leader.Good to have a great new character aboard the EL crazy bus.:)