PDA

View Full Version : eL match stamps

Poor Student
18/03/2007, 9:28 AM
At United Park it was constantly announced over the PA before the game that there was some eL match stamps being given out yet when I asked the guy at the gate he shrugged his shoulders and said he had no idea what that was all about. I read about it in the papers a few weeks ago, it's some measure by Noel Mooney to encourage match attendances. You get a book stamped and get a chance to win prizes. Anyone else heard about this or seen any evidence of its existence?

Buller
18/03/2007, 9:33 AM
yeah we got a loyalty card when paying in at the gate at the longford match... it has loads of spaces for stamps with one stamped already, good idea imo

GavinZac
18/03/2007, 10:49 AM
got one in cork too, and ran into a frankly hirsute looking Noel Mooney beaming after my newbie city supporting friend ran back to get hers.

it wasnt a season ticket as a prize, its €1000 in "football prizes"

BohDiddley
18/03/2007, 11:47 AM
Hadn't heard about it. Good idea, but should also be linked to access to tickets for internationals.

Now that the FAI is running the show, it surely is a no-brainer to send out the message that supporting club football in Ireland is part of supporting your country, if not the most important part. Or are they only interested in selling 10-year corporate tickets?

The stamp seems an ideal mechanism to achieve that.

Student Mullet
18/03/2007, 3:02 PM
At United Park it was constantly announced over the PA before the game that there was some eL match stamps being given out yet when I asked the guy at the gate he shrugged his shoulders and said he had no idea what that was all about. I read about it in the papers a few weeks ago, it's some measure by Noel Mooney to encourage match attendances. You get a book stamped and get a chance to win prizes. Anyone else heard about this or seen any evidence of its existence?There were 2 people inside the turnstiles handing them out at Drogs.

superfrank
20/03/2007, 3:39 PM
I got my "loyalty card" on Friday night. There were plenty of them available.

OneRedArmy
20/03/2007, 4:04 PM
Lads its a fix. Tom the Gom has the prize sewn up already.

Its clearly a sweetener to make up for the dreadful decision not to appoint him as Eircom League Director.

A face
20/03/2007, 9:47 PM
Now that the FAI is running the show, it surely is a no-brainer to send out the message that supporting club football in Ireland is part of supporting your country, if not the most important part. Or are they only interested in selling 10-year corporate tickets?

Its not though, at times its like polar opposites.

sound gav i wasnt 100% on the prize.in fairness ireland tickets should be made easier to get anyway.and they should have a few bits in the programmes for wales and slovakia promoting the league too

I'll put money down that they wont. Anyone up for a little wager?

Great scheme though.

CollegeTillIDie
21/03/2007, 6:29 AM
That stamp idea is a very new twist on an old idea. It was proposed years ago in another format. Namely EL fans sending in ticket stubs from League games and getting International tickets cheaply. Loyalty bonus schemes are nothing new in other spheres so why not football? The format is new but it's good that some of these ideas don't die completely.

Shamrock Rovers idea of putting people into a draw for FREE international tickets if they attended the first home game of the season another welcome innovation.

LeixlipRed
21/03/2007, 4:58 PM
Not operating in the 1st Division though? Or is Ollie eating all the stamps?

Magicme
21/03/2007, 5:06 PM
Well its not per se in the first division but at Mons we did give away tickets to the Wales game at our first home game and we will be giving away Slovakia tickets at this Friday's game. Everyone coming in the gate will be given a form to fill in and this will be entered into a draw for the tickets.

Also these forms will be used to build up our supporter database and we will be sending out loyalty cards to them as well as regular email updates on what is happening in the club.

We are also going to run a similar loyalty card scheme for our Mini Mons Junior Supporters club where they will get discounts on merchadise and be entered into a draw for various prizes throughout the season.