PDA

View Full Version : 2007 kits online?

YankExile
18/03/2007, 12:50 AM
Anyone notice that the City online shop still doesn't have the '07 kits, even though the '07 season is already 2 games old? Even though the only major difference is the sponsor near as I can tell, it still seems like the Beamish jerseys should have been up there as soon as possible after the deal was announced. Anyone know when the new kit will be for sale? (Took a look at a few other LOI club sites, CCFC doesn't seem to be the only one with outdated jersey listings either.)

GavinZac
18/03/2007, 8:47 AM
Anyone notice that the City online shop still doesn't have the '07 kits, even though the '07 season is already 2 games old? Even though the only major difference is the sponsor near as I can tell, it still seems like the Beamish jerseys should have been up there as soon as possible after the deal was announced. Anyone know when the new kit will be for sale? (Took a look at a few other LOI club sites, CCFC doesn't seem to be the only one with outdated jersey listings either.)

they arent in stock yet, so they are not for sale. they will be available when the shop on daunt square opens. not much help to those abroad, but the club would rather buy one large consignment of stock to use both online and in the shop, rather than buying three or four jerseys for the online shop.

YankExile
18/03/2007, 2:13 PM
they arent in stock yet, so they are not for sale. they will be available when the shop on daunt square opens. not much help to those abroad, but the club would rather buy one large consignment of stock to use both online and in the shop, rather than buying three or four jerseys for the online shop.

If it's meant to be a professionally run club, it would look a whole lot more organized to have the new kit available for sale, both online and in the real world, as soon as the announcement is made. Or at least as soon as the club begins playing any games in the new kit. To do otherwise looks like a Keystone Kops operation. (I do realize that I am talking about a league run by the FAI.) I don't know how EPL clubs like ManU or Liverpool handle kit changes, hopefully they are more organized. I do know that in the States, anytime a team (in any sport) changes its look, the new kit is up for sale right away after the new uniforms are introduced. The announcements are coordinated to coincide with the sale of new kit. Had hoped that eL clubs did things the same way but it seems City is far from the only ones to not do so.

GavinZac
18/03/2007, 2:32 PM
If it's meant to be a professionally run club, it would look a whole lot more organized to have the new kit available for sale, both online and in the real world, as soon as the announcement is made. Or at least as soon as the club begins playing any games in the new kit. To do otherwise looks like a Keystone Kops operation. (I do realize that I am talking about a league run by the FAI.) I don't know how EPL clubs like ManU or Liverpool handle kit changes, hopefully they are more organized. I do know that in the States, anytime a team (in any sport) changes its look, the new kit is up for sale right away after the new uniforms are introduced. The announcements are coordinated to coincide with the sale of new kit. Had hoped that eL clubs did things the same way but it seems City is far from the only ones to not do so.
the crucial difference being that city will be ordering a few hundred jersies, not the thousands ordered by EPL or NFL teams. while it would be nice to have them out, the reality of the situation is that it is difficult enough to get supply from O'Neills without adding the complication of multiples of very small orders. Thankfully the kit sponsorship deal with O'Neills runs out at the end of this season, which will remove one barrier to prompt merchandise release.

Just as an example of how difficult O'Neills are to deal with, we at the Cork City Official Supporters Club ordered a batch of polo t-shirts for general sale back in november or so. they were received in the last week or two. its a wonder how the company stay a float when they cannot complete small orders.

YankExile
18/03/2007, 3:50 PM
Just as an example of how difficult O'Neills are to deal with, we at the Cork City Official Supporters Club ordered a batch of polo t-shirts for general sale back in november or so. they were received in the last week or two. its a wonder how the company stay a float when they cannot complete small orders.

OUCH! That is terrible service. Here's hoping City finds someone better when the deal is done. (Whenever the kit comes online, I'll be ordering a jersey. And this is coming from someone who normally shies away from wearing clothing with sponsors on it.)

A face
18/03/2007, 5:11 PM
OUCH! That is terrible service. Here's hoping City finds someone better when the deal is done. (Whenever the kit comes online, I'll be ordering a jersey. And this is coming from someone who normally shies away from wearing clothing with sponsors on it.)

There have been three offers from other kit suppliers, and the club are really nailing down contracts with suppliers now, with penalties if they are late etc. It should be ok with a revised contract with a new supplier.

Steveoc
20/03/2007, 10:34 AM
While O'Neills have been slow, and at times frustratingly so, I would much prefer to have my replica shirt made in Ireland rather than by, virtual, slave child labour in the Far East.