PDA

View Full Version : Italy v Ireland

FarBeag
17/03/2007, 2:42 PM
Good win. Shame about the last second try for Italy.Darcy again MOTM. Less than 24 points scored by France and we win the Championship.Come on Ireland. Come on Scotland.

Poor Student
17/03/2007, 4:13 PM
They'll rue that try forever.

lofty9
17/03/2007, 4:14 PM
Final Italy try cost us big time.

FarBeag
17/03/2007, 4:23 PM
Absolutely gutted. Just was not meant to be. The last second try for both France and Italy and O' Gara leaving his kicking boots at home. Sickening.

theleprechaun
17/03/2007, 6:17 PM
stop! sickening is not the word....

ifk101
17/03/2007, 10:17 PM
We lost it in Croke Park, not Rome. Dempsey and Darcy were different class today.

OwlsFan
18/03/2007, 8:52 AM
The disgrace is the 3 final games were not played at the same time like in the Champions League or Soccer World Cup etc. Then Ireland would have known whether to go for a tapped penalty or kick for a penalty or touch. It was a huge advantage for France and that was the deciding factor in the Championship.

osarusan
18/03/2007, 1:10 PM
To be honest, I think we didnt deserve to be 6N winners.

It came down to 3 periods of play, each about 2 minutes long - Ireland v. France, Ireland v. italy, France v. Scotland. In each case, we were unable to get what we needed, and the French were.

Agree that all the games should have been on at the same time, ridiculous that the French were able to know exactly what they needed before the game started.

Finally, we were lucky to get a couple of tries that we did against the Italians, so we shouldnt harp on too much about the late tries that cost us.

Having said all that, the gap between us and the French is negligable, if there is one at all, and we have no reason to fear them at the World Cup.

theleprechaun
18/03/2007, 2:36 PM
i agree with OwlsFan. if all the games were on at the same time we would have won.

finlma
18/03/2007, 5:20 PM
The disgrace is the 3 final games were not played at the same time like in the Champions League or Soccer World Cup etc. Then Ireland would have known whether to go for a tapped penalty or kick for a penalty or touch. It was a huge advantage for France and that was the deciding factor in the Championship.

TV rules the way. It is so seldom if ever before that the Championship has been so close so no need to plan on having the games at the same time. I enjoy watching the 3 matches so I hope it doesn't change.

I really think that the results will be good for us going into the world cup - it will give us more of an incentive to do the French over.

DmanDmythDledge
18/03/2007, 7:36 PM
Having said all that, the gap between us and the French is negligable, if there is one at all, and we have no reason to fear them at the World Cup.
With a full team we are better than France and would have won the grand slam.

shakermaker1982
19/03/2007, 10:29 AM
once again heart breaking. A real sickener. I'd have preferred France have going past the 24 points at half time if I knew it'd end up like that. We need revenge and what better place than Paris.