PDA

View Full Version : Attracting families to el games

Pages : [1] 2 3

Niall
17/03/2007, 10:05 AM
Was charged 10 euro to bring my 6 year old to the Waterford v Pats match last night. Now before anyone complains I tight , I'm not but how in the name of God is a club like pats going to attractive someone with more than 1 child to a game? Surely a token few quid, atttract the parents and put bums on seats would be a more appropriate approach to expand the support base in this area?

Terry
17/03/2007, 10:11 AM
kids under 12 who are with an adult get in free at terryland.

Lim till i die
17/03/2007, 10:24 AM
Anybody who charges a tenner for a child under 12 who's accompanied by an adult isn't worth your support

how in the name of God is a club like pats going to attractive someone with more than 1 child to a game?

They wont

Dodge
17/03/2007, 10:44 AM
I'm not but how in the name of God is a club like pats going to attractive someone with more than 1 child to a game?
They offer family tickets. Something like 30 for an adult and three kids. Not 100 postive on the details

Buffalo Saint
17/03/2007, 10:52 AM
Feck sake! A tenner? Thought bad enough paying a fiver in Longford for my son who was going to spend his time running around rather than watch the game. Now before anyone calls me stingy, I've three boys aged 9,6 & 2. I love bringing them to the games as its a sense of excitment for them. Apart from the 9 yr old, the other two won't have a notion whats going on. So for me and my family to go to Richmond it would cost me €70 per game. Thats not including the petrol (I live in Laois), and the customary McDonalds or hotdogs or whatever. Now it's over a HUNDRED EURO! Suddenly it's not funny anymore. I don't have a huge problem with the price of an adult ticket being jacked up but childrens tickets, no way!

BohDiddley
17/03/2007, 11:31 AM
Kids go free at Bohs, when accompanied by an adult.

bohs til i die
17/03/2007, 11:33 AM

Only in the Des Kelly end though

lofty9
17/03/2007, 1:03 PM

Kids are free in the terracing with a paying adult at the Brandywell. £8 in the seating.

BrayUnknowns
17/03/2007, 1:12 PM
Some prices are gone silly but why would anyone, never mind a family, want to go to a game when they have the likes of the bohs fans who caused murder last night after the game..... outside the carlisle was a seriously dangerous place to be last night, as proved for 1 young lad who ended up in hospital.

pineapple stu
17/03/2007, 1:35 PM
Feck sake! A tenner? Thought bad enough paying a fiver in Longford for my son who was going to spend his time running around rather than watch the game. Now before anyone calls me stingy, I've three boys aged 9,6 & 2. I love bringing them to the games as its a sense of excitment for them. Apart from the 9 yr old, the other two won't have a notion whats going on. So for me and my family to go to Richmond it would cost me €70 per game....Now it's over a HUNDRED EURO!
How do you work that cost out?

Three kids at a tenner apiece is E30, and an adult is what - E15? E45 in total, not over E100...? And Dodge has noted that for exactly your situation, it's E30.

CavanBohs
17/03/2007, 1:49 PM
Some prices are gone silly but why would anyone, never mind a family, want to go to a game when they have the likes of the bohs fans who caused murder last night after the game..... outside the carlisle was a seriously dangerous place to be last night, as proved for 1 young lad who ended up in hospital.
And why would anyone want to go to games when you have the likes of the Bray schooligans?

You have your own group (not as big as ours but still there is one) who wanted a fight. So don't go pointing fingers when you are guilty of the same problem.

Raheny Red
17/03/2007, 2:02 PM
Shels got rid of the free season tickets for under 16s!

stojkovic
17/03/2007, 3:40 PM
Just an idea.

Being Paddys weekend, the FAI should have been out at Dublin Airport handing out thousands of free tickets to tourists to go to Rovers, Pats and Bray last night.

It would have swelled attendances, promoted the game abroad and the clubs would have profited from programmes and merchandise.

Especially at SHAMROCK Rovers, the Septic Tanks would have loved all that on Paddys Day.

On a different note, what are the clubs doing to entice our East European friends to games. Surely clubs could twin with Wisla Krakow or Steaua Bucharest or something like that. Anything is worth a go.

Attendance at Rovers last night was poor.

Tis-smeee
17/03/2007, 3:58 PM
Well its lucky you suggested it the day after then aint it

stojkovic
17/03/2007, 4:03 PM
Well its lucky you suggested it the day after then aint it

I don't get paid to think of these things. Other do. maybe they should do their job.
Do Arsenal, Liverpool and ManUre sell every single ticket. NO. They give a few hundred away free to schools for EVERY match.

Tis-smeee
17/03/2007, 4:39 PM
Well its lucky you dont get paid clearly, when did anyone mention liverpool or man u ye looper

stojkovic
17/03/2007, 4:48 PM
Well its lucky you dont get paid clearly, when did anyone mention liverpool or man u ye looper

It's called using a comparison to make a point. Language dear boy.
What's the point, you are right.

Lets continue with attendances of 350. There'll be more people at a LSL division six match tomorrow morning.

Two more clubs to go bang this year.

Well done. You must be proud of our 'little league'. You can whinge and moan infinitium and blame everyone for everything.

Tis-smeee
17/03/2007, 4:52 PM
I know we dont have an attendance of 350 , i get it your a ucd supporter.

Was i blaming the fai for not handing out tix in the airport ? No

I dont believe i was blaming anyone for anything

Do you believe that everyone flying into dublin is from dublin?

And your comparison to make a point, what point is that exactly ,

I await your rambling response with anticipation?

Dodge
17/03/2007, 4:57 PM
Do Arsenal, Liverpool and ManUre sell every single ticket. NO. They give a few hundred away free to schools for EVERY match.

Dunno about Liverpoo, but Man u and Arsenal absolutely do not. They also don't sell any tickets at reduced proces so if you want 1 adult and 3 kid to go you buy 4 tickets

Pats have always invited local schools and schoolboy clubs to games and I assume this will continue under the new chairman

stojkovic
17/03/2007, 5:00 PM
Read my first post and when you understand it let me know because judging from your two replies, you clearly don't. Hope I didnt ramble, I know you can't read properly.

pineapple stu
17/03/2007, 5:02 PM
I know we dont have an attendance of 350 , i get it your a ucd supporter.

Hope I didnt ramble, I know you can't read properly.
Any chance the two of youz can start debating things properly rather than resorting to petty insults? This thread's going to get culled to rubbish otherwise.

Please and thank you.

Tis-smeee
17/03/2007, 5:03 PM
Your a ****ing fantasist

stojkovic
17/03/2007, 5:07 PM
Any chance the two of youz can start debating things properly rather than resorting to petty insults? This thread's going to get culled to rubbish otherwise.

Please and thank you.
He started it.

But, yes point taken. One should not retaliate.

stojkovic
17/03/2007, 5:10 PM
Your a ****ing fantasist

"You have to have a dream .....because if you don't have a dream .....then how can you have a dream come true". Derek Trotter.

Tis-smeee
17/03/2007, 5:20 PM
"You have to have a dream .....because if you don't have a dream .....then how can you have a dream come true". Derek Trotter.

To true

micls
17/03/2007, 5:37 PM
How do you work that cost out?

Three kids at a tenner apiece is E30, and an adult is what - E15? E45 in total, not over E100...? And Dodge has noted that for exactly your situation, it's E30.

He said it was 70Euro or tickets and comes to over 100 including petrol and food.

Adult tickets are 20 euro so for himself, partner and 3 kids tickets would be 70euro

pineapple stu
17/03/2007, 5:52 PM
Fair enough. Didn't realise the missus was going too. Or that it's E20 into Richmond now...?

Anyway, according to Dodge, it should be only E50 (E30 family and E20 extra adult). Can bring a sandwich rather than eating junk in McDonald's as well if you're worried about money.

sligoman
17/03/2007, 7:05 PM
20euro into Richmond Park! That's a rip off.

Dodge
18/03/2007, 12:19 AM
€20 into stand, includes programme.
€15 into terrace, includes programme

SligoBrewer
18/03/2007, 12:21 AM
€20 into stand, includes programme.
€15 into terrace, includes programme
still a rip off

Soper
18/03/2007, 12:28 AM
It's not that bad really, if you were to compare it to English League 1 teams ticket prices (of course not including the really good grounds like Nottm Forests).

Dodge
18/03/2007, 2:10 AM
still a rip off

Wasn't trying to defend the prices...

Stato
18/03/2007, 9:24 AM
Was charged 10 euro to bring my 6 year old to the Waterford v Pats match last night.

Niall, my guess is that the guy on the turnstiles made a mistake, kids accompanied by an adult are only supposed to pay €5 and get a free programme. It's unaccompanied kids that pay a tenner. Send an email to the club about it, info@stpatsfc.com.

Grey Boy
18/03/2007, 10:07 AM
And why would anyone want to go to games when you have the likes of the Bray schooligans?

You have your own group (not as big as ours but still there is one) who wanted a fight. So don't go pointing fingers when you are guilty of the same problem.

I'm sorry but thats not true. There just isn't that element attached to Bray. Are you going to say that Longford or UCD have a group also? This incident was serious and if I was bringing my kids home from the game and saw that outside I'd seriously contemplate not going again. Thankfully the gardai were on it in a flash.

pineapple stu
18/03/2007, 10:21 AM
I'm sorry but that's not true. There just isn't that element attached to Bray. Are you going to say that Longford or UCD have a group also?
I hope you're not comparing your fans to ours or Longford's. Yes, as with most club, they're grand in the majority, but Bray suffer from a large minority of knackers who I could well believe would like to act macho against a club like Bohs.

Are we now saying, by the way, that the cost for two adults and three kids into Richmond could actually be as low as E45, and not E70?

Grey Boy
18/03/2007, 10:34 AM
There are plenty of annoying (I wouldn't call them knackers and either should you by the way) kids at the Carlisle, but I've been going there for 22 years and can honestly say I've never seen any incidents of violence from any Bray fan and to suggest that they have some sort of organised firm is just not true. Last season for a Bohs home game there were some kids I'd never seen at the Carlisle before or since who were clearly looking for trouble. But not to open up a can of worms here, another famous Dublin club were fixtureless that night.
I only mentioned yourselves and Longford to make the point that it would be ludicrous to suggest you have any dodgy element.

Stato
18/03/2007, 12:53 PM
Are we now saying, by the way, that the cost for two adults and three kids into Richmond could actually be as low as E45, and not E70?

For the terrace, yes. €55 for the stand. Kids with an adult are €5 for any part of the ground for any game and all the kids get a programme worth €3 each too. Every adult can bring up to three kids for a fiver each.

As far as I know, Pats increased the unaccompanied kids price to €10 and abolished the student concession ticket to discourage the "schooligan" element.

Dodge
18/03/2007, 12:56 PM
You could, however, buy a season ticket at discounted rate with a student ID

Da Real Rover
18/03/2007, 1:31 PM
abolished the student concession ticket to discourage the "schooligan" element.

Will an extra fiver on a ticket really stop the 'schooligan' element?

Raheny Red
18/03/2007, 2:15 PM
Will an extra fiver on a ticket really stop the 'schooligan' element?

No, not a chance!

Kildare Lad
18/03/2007, 2:29 PM
There are plenty of annoying (I wouldn't call them knackers and either should you by the way) kids at the Carlisle, but I've been going there for 22 years and can honestly say I've never seen any incidents of violence from any Bray fan and to suggest that they have some sort of organised firm is just not true. Last season for a Bohs home game there were some kids I'd never seen at the Carlisle before or since who were clearly looking for trouble. But not to open up a can of worms here, another famous Dublin club were fixtureless that night.
I only mentioned yourselves and Longford to make the point that it would be ludicrous to suggest you have any dodgy element.

Most Clubs In Ireland have some sort of schooligan element with some young fans, just some much more than others, most of them are "inspired" from watching Greentsreet and they instantly want to start fights with other clubs "firms".

You say Bray dont have any of these kind of people at their club, but I would imagine they do (more than likey a small figure) but when they know clubs with a reputation such as Bohs or Rovers are coming down they will tell others around Bray there will be a fight and Voila.

Fortunatly most clubs dont have these problems regularly but some do, and they need to find a way to stop it:ball:

By the way this isnt a slag at anyone or any club, just stating What I believe is true.

pineapple stu
18/03/2007, 5:08 PM
There are plenty of annoying (I wouldn't call them knackers and either should you by the way) kids at the Carlisle
Why not? Don't go for this PC nonsense myself, to be honest. There are knackers at Bray games, and I don't see why I can't refer to them as such.

BohsFans
18/03/2007, 9:11 PM
No student tickets anymore? :rolleyes:

€20 into that dump? F_UCK OFF Pat's :mad:

Is it worth it? I doubted. You should of had more than 2,000 last Friday.

Dodge
18/03/2007, 9:47 PM
Last year that game got about 800 at it...

And it was €15 into it, same as I have to pay into the ****ing death trap that is the Des Kelly stand, so Bohs fans get down off their high horses on that one

SligoBrewer
18/03/2007, 9:54 PM
Why not? Don't go for this PC nonsense myself, to be honest. There are knackers at Bray games, and I don't see why I can't refer to them as such.

in order to attract families to el games the schooligan elements in all clubs have to be stamped out immediately! 10 year bans from clubs should sort them out for "bringing the club into disrepute"

also a family ticket, family season ticket wouldnt go astrauy either

Kivlehan
18/03/2007, 10:01 PM
Minor League Baseball does some great work from a marketing perspective to bring families to minor league baseball games in the USA. Essentially they are in the same situation as the LoI vs. the English/Scottish leagues: the bigger leagues are more interesting to the majority due to quality of players and more readily available on TV, but these smaller leagues are closer to home for many people.

Their tactics include discounts for families, fun promotions (giving away free swag or free food). Having a section of the stands where beer isn't allowed. Generally making themselves known in the community through radio ads, sponsorships.

Here is an article outlining how MiLB does big business in the USA, despite being lower quality leagues :

http://www.recmanagement.com/200203fe04.php

pineapple stu
18/03/2007, 10:03 PM
Having a section of the stands where beer isn't allowed.
That'd be a successful promo here! :)

have to say it does appear as if there are moves to promote the league properly in localities of late. The likes of the open days - with clubs giving away goody bags and season tickets - loyalty cards, CPOs hitting schools and clubs and various other items. Hopefully it'll do some good.

Grey Boy
19/03/2007, 8:57 AM

Yeah! Well we can't all be located in Dublin 4 though.

Da Real Rover
19/03/2007, 9:31 AM

And what would be your defining factors of a knacker?? Lack of daddys mirk, no cavier for lunch, glasses instead of a monacle, or just wearing a tracksuit instead of a bowler hat??

Jaime
19/03/2007, 9:54 AM
We need two separate threads here. One for all the mongos to complain about the schooligans, and a separate one for looking at Pat's fans squirming trying to justify how they can charge 33% more than any other Dublin club for covered seating on the basis that you get a free programme; something that away fans should be able to choose whether or not to buy. :ball: