PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings Against Cork

GUISAUltra
17/03/2007, 10:04 AM
Goughy -8 brilliant to see him back, he was very good
Collie -9 MoM IMO, played out of his skin and he was really committed
Reggie - 8 Very assured centre half display again and looks to be a great signing
Wesley(c) - 7 only saw him talking once last night and it was after he made a mistake and he was blaming someone else. still though, solid performance
Treacy - 8 very good full debut and i can definitely see him filling the LB berth for sometime yet.
Cooke - 6 for me the jury is still out on cookie at this level but i dont know if he'll make the grade. he worked hard but he never really looked like he was gonna threaten there RB
Murphs - 8 has improved greatly from last season and put in his 2nd good operformance in a row
Lester - 8 big improvement from the sligo game. worked very hard and won lots of tackles but i still think he has an awful lot more to offer offensively
Foley - 8 usual terrier like performance and broke up the play very well in midfield
O Brien - 7 gave the ball away cheaply sometimes but he did make some great runs, some great tackles and he is also starting to go up and win headers in the air and flick them on
Armstrong - 6 did ok with the scraps he was given last night but not much came his way. a better supply will see far better performances from him
O Flynn - 7 played around a half an hour and thought he did better than armstrong, he was willing to make the runs to the wings to link up well with our wingers

Tir Oilean
17/03/2007, 10:26 AM
Goughy 9 Showed what a professional he is. Only for him we'd still be on 0 points
Collie 7 He stayed with his man every time and didnt show any fear of the atcking player mature performance.
Reggie - 9 only one mistake all night commanded the defence with his clearance of the long balls in
Wesley(c) - 7 Again cleared alot of ball but worryingly he seems very slow to get up after a fall are his knees ok?
Treacy - 8 A revelation! What a debut. he went after the game from the off and looked real pacy and could threaten lesser teams with his runs down the wings.

Cooke - 6 I think Cooke has the ability and will improve over time. He had the edge in the air over his marker but got pushed off the ball too often.

Murphs - 8 Great to see him back close to his old self. He is putting in the effort this season. Cian O'Connell was right!

Lester - 7 Lester still looks ovreweight but that doesnt mean he's not fit. He put in a dogged display as did all the lads in midfield. Mopped up alot of stray ball from Cork
Foley - 9 fear the rath of Foley. He left no opponent untouched last night after that game they'll weary of him in the retyrn leg
O Brien - 6 The usual taking too much out the ball he's got what it takes if he just let the ball go earlier we'd appreciate him more. Couldve done that twice last night.
Armstrong - 6 The fact he had no supply seemed to affect him the head went down but he will work better with 4 4 2 obviously
O Flynn - 8 I think he showed that he can trouble any defence. he got off a nice shot but twas straight at Devine. I liked the fact that he brought Murphs and Derek into a more attacking midfield when he came on

Terry
17/03/2007, 10:34 AM
just to let ye know that it looked like Armstrong suffered a dead leg when he went down early in the second half. This would have seriously slowed him down afterwards.