PDA

View Full Version : Really Bad news!!!

NorthoftheLee
10/01/2003, 8:24 AM
Just read in the papers this morning that deccie is gonna delay his plans for retirement and play on for one more season.
Welll thats it ...not much to look forward next season then, unless Murphy does the decent thing and resigns. Deccie hasn't a chance of playing with any other manager at the helm.

Dricky
10/01/2003, 8:27 AM
Just had to check if today was April 1st.......
NNNNNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well that is Daly after confirming his interest in Gunthers job after next year. we have to break this cycle.

Ruairi
10/01/2003, 9:03 AM
Yay! Another season of being blinded by the floodlights because of watching deccie punt the ball in the general direction of ... ummm... nowhere actually.

Bollicks anyway

patsh
10/01/2003, 9:50 AM
Remember that it's not Daly who picks the team.
If Daly is still a regular starter next season, LM will have conclusively proved himself to be an idiot , and if he is not fired, Cork City will have to be bought out by completely new people to have any future.

Gone Away
10/01/2003, 11:28 AM
I think that this argument is becoming very repetitive, in so far as, this time last season we were saying the exact same thing about Noel Hartigan.

He wasnt picking himself, nor does Deccie. Im sure Deccie puts in 100% everytime, unfortunatley, his 100% is as good as it used to be.

But a blind man can see that he just aint up to it anymore. Id like to see Bennet tried with Murray. Or 2 of Napier/Benno/Murray.

Shane
10/01/2003, 1:44 PM
Surely not another season of snow capped footballs post the Deccie Daly ''ave it'......

Maintain your legend status Deccie and retire with grace. A loyal servant no doubt but all good things come to an end.

Pablo
10/01/2003, 2:29 PM
i'd sa we're looking at Naps and Danny at centre back next season. naps would be in now bar injury

Éanna
10/01/2003, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
i'd sa we're looking at Naps and Danny at centre back next season. naps would be in now bar injury
fingers crossed. Deccie, thanks for everything, but give it up man will ya!
If Murphy even contemplates giving him a new contract he should get the boot.

pete
10/01/2003, 5:21 PM
I thought Deccie would be ok this season for a squad player to make the odd appearance when have a lot of injuries. Even using Deccie as third choice centre back is ludicrous.

I don't think Deccie is even worthy of a squad place next season. It would mean a 37/38 year is taking the squad place where a young player could be used instead to learn & improve.

Deccie will only get worse next season & hes bad enough in this one.

The Sun said today that Murray was keen to sign for city as has a good chance of playing as Deccie was "thinking of retiring" this season.

:rolleyes:

Éanna
11/01/2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by pete
The Sun said today that Murray was keen to sign for city as has a good chance of playing as Deccie was "thinking of retiring" this season.
yeah, saw that. no way deccie should be offered a new contract- it´s sad if it has to come to him being told "no thanks" but he really should retire.

ccfcman
11/01/2003, 11:33 AM
i think its fair to say that deckies display last night was the nail in the coffin on his career.never have i seen a player so abliterated by another.deckie was at fault for the rovers goal,lost his man,and he ran away from molloy in the first half when he hit the post.we have to remember deckie was at the brink of leaving until napiers injury.im sure if he was fit it would be napier and murray in central defence

Casegrande
11/01/2003, 11:39 AM
Deccie got a bad doing from the crowd aswell. Everytime he got the ball there was a loud roar of 'HOOF'! When he actually passed the ball for the first time after about 37 minutes there was a chant of 'What the fúckin hell was that'! And then when he was subbed for Bennett there was a huge cheer!

It's a shame but it IS gone beyond a joke. Talk about jobs for the boys.

Éanna
11/01/2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Casegrande
Deccie got a bad doing from the crowd aswell. Everytime he got the ball there was a loud roar of 'HOOF'! When he actually passed the ball for the first time after about 37 minutes there was a chant of 'What the fúckin hell was that'! And then when he was subbed for Bennett there was a huge cheer!
it saddens me to see a legend given that abuse by the crowd, but he must realise he´s not up to it anymore, otherwise he´s just inviting more :(

Shed End John
13/01/2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Shane
Maintain your legend status Deccie and retire with grace. A loyal servant no doubt but all good things come to an end.

Agreed, every dog has it's day. Thanks for some priceless memories Deccie, but, it's high time to exit stage right.

Murphy Out Now!!!