PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the League in 2007?

Shelsman
15/03/2007, 1:11 PM
Who will win the Eircom League of Ireland Premier Division in 2007?

I have only included teams that had odds less than 10-1 on Paddy Power ( I'd include all 12 teams but the max number of options on a poll is 10 ).

Schumi
15/03/2007, 1:31 PM
I'd include all 12 teams but the max number of options on a poll is 12:confused:

Da Real Rover
15/03/2007, 4:10 PM
Derry first,
Drogs second,
Pats third,
Cork fourth,
Bohs fifth,

pete
15/03/2007, 4:10 PM
Derry first,
Drogs second,
Pats third,
Cork fourth,
Bohs fifth,

Read the question. :confused:

micls
15/03/2007, 4:14 PM
Derry

BohsPartisan
15/03/2007, 4:40 PM
Don't tell me, Sligo Brewer voted for "OTHER"? :D

Shelsman
15/03/2007, 4:43 PM
:confused:

Oops! I meant 10 is the max allowed. Now corrected.

This was a really tough one, I went for Derry in the end.

Drogheda have the best squad but don't have a striker who will get 15-20 goals ( much as their strikers ARE excellent ).

Cork haven't the strikers either but they will be good.

Bohs have a new squad but untimately not enough quality throughout the team.

Derry were agonisingly close the last two seasons and have a manger with a good track record. They've strengthened slightly though the quality of the new players remains to be seen, a few injuries and they're gone.
I don't think Fenlon can get players to excel themselves the way Stephen Kenny can, Fenlon had the best squad in the league every year while he was at Shels so you could only have expected him to win the league in previous years. Kenny got extraordinary performances out of ordinary players ( OK there are some excellent players there but for the most part Derry are a very good unit with a sprinkling of match winners ).

St. Pats -well now you're really talking about a Dark Horse -if they get a little more strength in depth they will be very powerful. They have been superb so far this season and as long as McDonnell and Kerr get along, I'd expect them to win the league next season.

SligoBrewer
15/03/2007, 5:47 PM
Don't tell me, Sligo Brewer voted for "OTHER"? :D

??? who else is going to win the title ???

i reckon cork city could sneak it myself

BohDiddley
15/03/2007, 8:46 PM
Derry or Cork. Having been forced to watch Drogs twice already this season, I can't see them doing anything special. We'll be happy if we make the Santana.

Celdrog
15/03/2007, 10:42 PM
We'll be happy if we make the Santana.
The band - they still going?

Burny89
15/03/2007, 11:25 PM
Read the question. :confused:

didn't he answer it :confused:

Me
1st Derry
2nd Cork
3rd Drogs
4th Pats
5th Bohs

madblaa
15/03/2007, 11:33 PM
St. Pats will win it by a mile!

Risteard
16/03/2007, 9:33 AM
You must have arrived in Inchicore early and listened to all their crap.

Doolin will have to be at his absolute worst imo to not win the league this year and I feel being that crap is beyond any man.
Drogs to go undefeated. Goals for 25 Goals against 0

bigmac
16/03/2007, 10:03 AM
madblaa is just getting his excuses straight in case we lose tonight!!

Derry will win it I think - only they and Cork have the experience of being close in the run-in and I think that will stand to them.

Drogs won't score enough goals and their fans will be frustrated at chances not converted.

Cork need to start playing pretty quickly or they could find themselves playing catch-up right from day one. It's early days but they don't want to find themselves 6 points behind the leaders after 2 games.

Bohs could take some time to gel but will be challenging

Pats are along with the Czech Republic probably the most tipped "dark horses" in history! I might revise my estimate after tonight but they have a good first team. Don't know much about their squad so not sure how injuries will affect them.

Dricky
16/03/2007, 11:04 AM
Having been forced to watch Drogs twice already this season, .

LOL

Ha ha I see the Gestapo have given up on the chinese water torture..... defo a deadlier weapon.

Jerry The Saint
16/03/2007, 11:25 AM
It will clearly be one of Derry, Drogs or Cork. This is the last chance for any of these teams to win it before the superrichness of Bohs and Pats kicks in. Also expect Shamrock to dominate once their homebase is secured.

BohsPartisan
16/03/2007, 11:26 AM
Also expect Shamrock to dominate once their homebase is secured.

Homebase? Woodies won't be too happy with that!