PDA

View Full Version : Derry match

Fivesilver
15/03/2007, 9:43 AM
So what's the story?
Leo and Dessie in charge anyway.
How's Brush? He looked rightly banjaxed at the end in Terryland.
How about the lads who were ineligible last week - Arcaba, Bajdziak, Manson and Vasas?
Anyone know anything?

Rory H
15/03/2007, 9:44 AM
So what's the story?
Leo and Dessie in charge anyway.
How's Brush? He looked rightly banjaxed at the end in Terryland.
How about the lads who were ineligible last week - Arcaba, Bajdziak, Manson and Vasas?
Anyone know anything?

1]yes
2] dont know..could the guy that was on the bench last week cos as you say banjaxed indeed
3]dont know...they are hopeful...manson is i think
4]generally no

Fivesilver
15/03/2007, 9:51 AM
1]manson is i think

So are we going to nickname the poor lad Charlie or Marilyn? :D

Only1Rovers
15/03/2007, 11:38 AM
Charlie hopefully!

DonalE
15/03/2007, 5:19 PM
All the players are cleared

feo123
15/03/2007, 6:23 PM
All the players are cleared

not so bad.....hughes suspended, would ye go with choice straight back into it or another option? id nearly leave raf up front with faz, put someone on the right wing maybe coleman!? i dunno though, probably will be choice!

SligoBrewer
15/03/2007, 7:06 PM
raf - choice up front with faz on the right wing.

Red&White Rover
15/03/2007, 9:36 PM
Where are the fans who want to sing going?:confused:

SligoBrewer
15/03/2007, 9:40 PM
blue stand is no go.
so theres only one place really..

THE DREADED RED STAND!:eek:!

Red&White Rover
15/03/2007, 9:41 PM
blue stand is no go.
so theres only one place really..

THE DREADED RED STAND!:eek:!

grand...get a few lazy ones up and going...

SligoBrewer
15/03/2007, 9:49 PM
grand...get a few lazy ones up and going...

hopefully

feo123
15/03/2007, 9:51 PM
but doubtful

sligoman
15/03/2007, 9:52 PM
Jink's stand and half of the railway end will be for Derry fans. Tracey Avenue stand and the other half of Railway end will be for Rovers fans.

feo123
15/03/2007, 9:53 PM
have a feeling that it will be a very poor atmosphere, from the home section anyway, away games this season will always be better IMO

Fivesilver
15/03/2007, 9:57 PM
Is this something that's just going to be accepted, or is anyone willing to do something about it? Unfortunately, I can't get anywhere near Sligo this weekend, but seriously lads, how long is this fatalistic "There's no atmosphere in the main stand" going to go on? Whose ground is it anyway?

SligoBrewer
15/03/2007, 10:00 PM
right...congregate far side of the new stand at the back for those who wish to create an atmosphere?

feo123
15/03/2007, 10:05 PM
where we were for the first half of the cup semi??

SligoBrewer
15/03/2007, 10:07 PM
yip.. got it in one

Fivesilver
15/03/2007, 11:11 PM
Good stuff. We know from the away match experience that it's not the numbers that count. If a couple of hundred get in there and behave like you're at an away match (for a lot of people, that's what being in the Treacy Avenue stand will feel like anyway :) ), you should get a right racket going. See if you can bully the stiffs into joining in as well. They might even find they enjoy it.
If you think you'll have difficulty getting into the mood, you could always hire a minibus, buy a few crates of Dutch Gold and spend the morning driving laps of Lough Gill.

Wish I could be there. :mad:

Rory H
16/03/2007, 11:01 AM
slightly off topic but choice is 11/4 to score anytime tomorrow and foyzer is 6's....almost better then the ssia's:)

EddieAnnand
16/03/2007, 11:20 AM
With who?

Claret Murph
16/03/2007, 11:36 AM
I think Derry will be a good test for you see where you going this season .

neutrino
16/03/2007, 12:37 PM
I think Derry will be a good test for you see where you going this season .

yeah sure it will. :rolleyes: derry hammered us all but once last season and we still finished 5th. one game (esp against top teams) isnt going to define your season. unless your expecting to break top 4 which we arent.

Terry
17/03/2007, 8:15 AM
what time is kick off?

gustavo
17/03/2007, 9:01 AM
3.30 AFAIK Terry , afraid I will have to miss it.

sligoman
17/03/2007, 11:53 AM
I had a dream about the game last night(although it was played in the Brandywell). We took an early lead through Raf. It was a kick out for Forde in the Derry goal and he had it at his feet and was gonna play it along the ground but Raf went in and challenged him and won the ball and kicked it slowly across the line. Derry equalised a few minutes later though. McHugh lobbed the keeper who was well off his line. Then I woke up so don't know how it finished:D.

Red&White Rover
17/03/2007, 12:35 PM
I had a dream about the game last night(although it was played in the Brandywell). We took an early lead through Raf. It was a kick out for Forde in the Derry goal.

same Forde that moved to Cardiff? Damn it anyway, it wont be deja vu!;)

ccfcgirl
17/03/2007, 2:41 PM
Any up -Dates on the game?

Gaillimh Al
17/03/2007, 4:02 PM
2-0 Derry and missed a peno as well. 15 left. from errortel

Red&White Rover
17/03/2007, 4:50 PM
Well...Derry were really a class above us toay in fairness...We showed some decent promise at the start, but fizzled out...Derry first goal was good, and Brush could possibly have done better with the second, but in saying that, good penalty save....

We need to get an atmosphere...

SligoBrewer
17/03/2007, 4:55 PM
Well...Derry were really a class above us toay in fairness...We showed some decent promise at the start, but fizzled out...Derry first goal was good, and Brush could possibly have done better with the second, but in saying that, good penalty save....

We need to get an atmosphere...

derry were better than us, i agree.
nice penalty save,

i must commend the lads though on giving 100%

faz imo, has stepped his performance and commitment up hugely. well done

Red&White Rover
17/03/2007, 5:00 PM
faz imo, has stepped his performance and commitment up hugely. well done

for 20 minutes or so...he was decent though...

sligoman
17/03/2007, 5:14 PM
Wasn't a great performance at all. Manson looks an alright player. As for Faz, what was he at up front? He's afraid of the ball. Time for him to go I think, not up to standard, he's gone beyond a joke now. Choice done very well when he came on. Should have started up front instead of Faz in my opinion. Turner looked very good going forward and I'd like to see him on the wing against Longford. Kelly and Coleman also did well when they came on.

Deserved red for Rogers too, very dangerous tackle. Fenlon had no right to complain.

SligoBrewer
17/03/2007, 5:23 PM
manson played well, as did raf.

any news on gary curran?

Terry
17/03/2007, 5:54 PM
did derry bring much of a crowd?

SligoBrewer
17/03/2007, 6:06 PM
eh.. the blue stand was half full with derry support.

sligoman
17/03/2007, 6:57 PM
eh.. the blue stand was half full with derry support.More than half full, nearly 3/4 of it was Derry fans, including the few down the Railway End.

Red4Eva
17/03/2007, 7:29 PM
i think coleman deserves a start next wk, he was excellent today. not having a recognised striker caught up with us 2day. acceptable performance overall IMO but a good bit of sloppy sh*t too. longford are a bit of a mess(particularly at the back) so i think we should beat em if we can create a bit more than we have in 1st 2 games.

any1 know when judge will be fit?

DonalE
17/03/2007, 8:22 PM
any1 know when judge will be fit?

He's been training for the past 5 or 6 weeks in England and went over on his ankle first day (Thursday) back training with us but nothing serious. So his fitness levels should be ok i would think. Was back in England today due to a family bereavement.

red bellied
17/03/2007, 8:26 PM
I reckon Derry are no great shakes, they looked a better side in the Showgrounds last season, definitely gave them too much respect. Rovers were better 2nd half, nothing up front.

sligoman
17/03/2007, 8:35 PM
Things are bad when we're wondering when Judge will be back:o.

avvenalaf
17/03/2007, 11:02 PM
Don't underestimate Longford. I saw them against Pats and they were away better than Galway. Mooney up front is very useful and Rutherford still has a lot to offer but the centre of their defence is poor, especially on stuff coming from the wings - if we had a striker to get on the end of anything.

feo123
17/03/2007, 11:08 PM
no real cutting edge. never looked like scoring really. derry never created an awful lot either though! turner again was excellent, jamie done well i thought too! ogrady worked hard, his passing needs improvement though. manson looked ok on the ball, will take time to setlle fully, dont get on his back yet, id say he's the type that would go under if he started gettin stick! Faz done well at times, raf gave his usual display never gave up. choic and coleman done well when they came on also! just lacked something in the final third, cant fault them for commitment though

feo123
17/03/2007, 11:09 PM
Don't underestimate Longford. I saw them against Pats and they were away better than Galway. Mooney up front is very useful and Rutherford still has a lot to offer but the centre of their defence is poor, especially on stuff coming from the wings - if we had a striker to get on the end of anything.
they'll have 2 suspended aswell id say after fridays game! is ogrady out for this one or who is it?

OneRedArmy
18/03/2007, 9:57 AM
Can`t believe nobody has mentioned the impact of the pitch on the game?

New or otherwise it is an absolute joke & verged on being dangerous.

Impossible to play the ball at pace on the deck.

Da Real Rover
18/03/2007, 12:48 PM
did derry bring much of a crowd?

I counted the blocks of seating derry filled in the jinks avenue and id say it was nearly half full with 10 fellas down the railway end. Id say 350-400 wer down.

Derry were far better, no comparison. We never once looked like we would score, nothing up front but still the lads gave alot of effort and did their best out there against 1 of the favourites for the league.

kkontour
20/03/2007, 11:57 AM
the only thing about Turner is he tends to want to play too much football in defensive positions, he got caught once to twice agains Derry but it has been happening last season. Guess thats what you get for putting a midfielder in the full back position.
I would prefer to see him in the midfield with Connor.
K

Only1Rovers
21/03/2007, 2:54 PM
yea Coleman should start left back. He looks like he could be a fantastic attacking left full for the future. Saw him against UCD in Belfield last season and was impressed by he looked great thudder day. It would allow Turner back into midfield with Conor. If Conor is suspended for Longford, Coleman will have to start. All things considered I was pleased with the performace on Satuday. Pictch is SHOCKING tho:eek: . How could it possibly be so bad!!!!!

If the attendances go down we should up sticks and play in McSharry, at least the players will have an oppertunity to play football on a prober surface.:o

feo123
21/03/2007, 4:42 PM
no no no