PDA

View Full Version : The New Stand

Bernie
09/01/2003, 11:47 AM
At the match against Shamrock Rovers on Friday night, the Supporters Club have organised that copies of the plans for the proposed development of the Shed End can be seen by supporters. It is planned to have the drawings on display on the side of the Programme Cabin which is located at the top of the steps inside the Curragh Road turnstiles.

patsh
09/01/2003, 1:30 PM
Thanks Bernie. It's nice for fans to be kept informed.

paudie
09/01/2003, 2:05 PM
Any suggestions for the name of the new stand.

I know it'll probably be always known as the shed but it should have an official name as well.

how about naming it after Noel Cantwell, the other Cork born captain of the irish team.

Pablo
09/01/2003, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by paudie
Any suggestions for the name of the new stand.

I know it'll probably be always known as the shed but it should have an official name as well.

how about naming it after Noel Cantwell, the other Cork born captain of the irish team.

they still call the end behind a goal at chelsea the shed end and thats now a huge stand. leave it as it is!

Éanna
09/01/2003, 2:54 PM
methinks it officially called the "curragh road end" and the shed end is more of a nickname. maybe they could officially name the new stand the shed end in tribute fo our former home......sniff sniff :)

patsh
09/01/2003, 3:05 PM
How about the Alex Ludzic stand ??

crc
09/01/2003, 6:38 PM
does anyone know if the plans are available online? some of us can't get to the Rovers game - being in other countries and all!

Éanna
10/01/2003, 3:37 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
How about the Alex Ludzic stand ??
good idea.

Badweather Fan
26/02/2003, 10:29 PM
In tonights Echo (Ah read on please) there's an article by Noel Spillane(Ah no i'm serious give me a chance).
Well two actually. The first is a less than insightful look at Pat Dolans love of cinema. Rivetting stuff.
The next one though is on
"gathering momentum of the Alek Ludzic Stand Campaign"
Apparently there's support from "football websites" for naming the ex-Shed end stand The Alek Ludzik Stand.
This is the first i've heard of it but. . . . .
Personally, i think its a great idea and a worthy tribute.
Ludzik is part of my earliest footballing memories of the Cross, and football altogether.
If anyone deserves it, he does.
Not sure whether City or the MFA decide these things though.

joe
26/02/2003, 11:06 PM
see this thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5549)

Badweather Fan
26/02/2003, 11:11 PM
MERGE,MERGE i tell ya

thecorner
27/02/2003, 1:49 AM
the davy barry stand
in honour of his goal against munich

shedboy
27/02/2003, 10:25 AM
Gotta be the alek ludzik stand, after his contribution not just to cork city but to munster soccer in general, it's safe enough to say that there'll never be another like him, whata legend!!!

patsh
27/02/2003, 10:52 AM
In my own petty, meaningless little way, I'm claiming the credit for this !
The first post to suggest The Alex Ludzic stand on CityNet was: Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 20:48
I suggested the name in a post on:
09/01/2003 4:05 PM

So I'm claiming the credit and I'm throwing a tantrum and stamping my feet if anyone objects !!!!:D

We must be getting to ya, Spillage, ya second rate hack...:p

fonzi
27/02/2003, 11:20 AM
what kind of films is Mr. Dolan into anyway?
(just out of sheer curiosity)

Badweather Fan
27/02/2003, 11:58 AM
"All Cinema"

Also said he likes Barry Manilow or something like that.

patsh
27/02/2003, 1:24 PM
Pat Dolan: The first post-modernist manager?:D

A penchant for arthouse and film noir yet enjoys TV3,
who understands the subtle irony of a Barry Manilow lyric and the soaring vocal dexterity of Tony B yet digs the grungey messianic message of Bono,
who is equally at home in sterile, conformist Singapore and the sh*thole known as Richmond Park,
and who can appreciate the brilliant depths of Pacino's talent while enjoying the vapid shallows of Halle Berry.
What a man!:D :D