PDA

View Full Version : to qualify for europe...

Pablo
08/01/2003, 11:37 PM
i reckon should we beat Rovers on Friday then a win and a draw in our final 3 matches should be enough.
i think friday is going to be like a cup final so i hope the lads have the bottle............

Pablo
08/01/2003, 11:48 PM
seriously though, i hope woodsie and Georgie have the stomach for a fight on friday. its frustrating how uninterested they are during some games

Pablo
08/01/2003, 11:54 PM
what are you smoking? :)

Hecko
09/01/2003, 11:02 AM
You might think I'm a few pies short of a Pat Dolan but if we beat the scum on Friday - which I think we can, we can go to Longford on Monday with an outside chance of finishing 2nd. Bohs should finish off $hel$ on Sunday and a win at teh Flan Siro would put us 2 points behind with two to play.

Drogs will have a lot to play for next week against shels and relegated teams always produce shocks when they're already down, (which Bray will be by the last day of the season)

Might all seem a bit far-fetched but if result at the weekend go our way, we might finally see a city side motivated away from home. Don't expect Gunther to do that but I can see Decky, Rennie JOF and George getting the lads going

What about it UEFA Cup and JOF as league's top scorer???

Pablo
09/01/2003, 1:24 PM
a certain carlsberg ad springs to mind with that kind of dreamin :)

it'd be nice, and there's going to be a twist or 2 left in the season yet. i just hope the twist isnt us finishing 4th............

patsh
09/01/2003, 1:28 PM
Far fetched or not, 4 wins should be the target for us. I reckon Bohs will not be beaten on Sunday, and $hels are due a bad run.
It could be the UEFA Cup yet, so the attitude should be to "die for the cause" for the last 2 weeks of the season....

Éanna
09/01/2003, 2:31 PM
rovers to win 3-1 i reckon. hope i´m wrong :(

Pablo
09/01/2003, 2:41 PM
i must admit.......i have a bad feeling about the game. please god i'm wrong

joe
09/01/2003, 6:51 PM
anyone remember what the league table looked like a few weeks back when we beat Shels at the Cross and still had about seven games left to finish second?

Éanna
10/01/2003, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by joe
anyone remember what the league table looked like a few weeks back when we beat Shels at the Cross and still had about seven games left to finish second?
makin me feel all nostalgic for the slightly better "old" days when gunther was still clinging onto a reputation as a half-decent manager :rolleyes:

Casegrande
11/01/2003, 11:24 AM
Shams:
16 Jan- Derry City - Away
26 Jan - Longford Town - Home

City:
13 Jan - Longford Town - Away
17 Jan - Pats - Away
26 jan - UCD - Home

I'd say Shams will get 4 points, so we need to get 5, ie. draw away to LT and Pats and beat the Students at home. Or else, God forbid, win all three!

Éanna
11/01/2003, 11:36 AM
I reckon rovers will pick up 4 points, and we´ll get 3 from a win against pats. :(

patsh
11/01/2003, 1:08 PM
We will:
Win in Lonfgford
Draw in Richmond
Draw against UCD.
= 5 points.
Derry will do us a favour and beat the scum.