PDA

View Full Version : CCFC -v- SCUM

Colm
08/01/2003, 8:51 PM
Well lads, if we win we have a great chance of getting europe (even with 2 away games left!) and if we lose we definately wont get into europe. It's a really big game because we need Europe, I know it's only the inter two bob cup but if we don't even get into that our season will have been a total failure for the second year running. So, what does everyone think?

I'm saying...
City 2-1 Rovers
Flynny and Colin P to score a late winner.:)

dalo
09/01/2003, 8:14 AM
even if we do beat rovers we still have to get something in our two away games against longford and pats and home to ucd - all teams who cause us serious trouble.

knowing city they will beat rovers and everything will pat themselves on the back for a "a job well done" (what is so great about third anyway?) and the we will screw up away from home.

personally I think it's a scandal we haven't finished a lot higher up and losing flynn next season ain't going to make things any better

Ruairi
09/01/2003, 9:24 AM
You're right Dalo, there's nothing great about third. The clubs lack of direction and our manager's lack of ambition mean we have to be content with another season of "if only's", and at this stage it looks like we won't even get the inter two-bob cup, even if we do beat rovers (anyone fancy city getting any points from our two away games and a point off UCD?).

It's been another terrible season, lightened up only by the form of John O Flynn and the umm.. floodlights.

A season to forget indeed. Hopefully come April O'Flynn will still be at the club and Rico will be at the helm.

Hopefully.

patsh
09/01/2003, 10:03 AM
Well lads, whatever about getting to Europe, finishing 3rd or 4th or anything else,
I so want City to beat the crap out of Manky molloy, wipe the smarmy sh*t-eating grin off Buckley's face, stuff a few up O'Dowds hole and totally p*ss off the f*cking scuts who follow the scum.
I want this because I was at Richmond park to watch us being humiliated by these c*nts, and because they are SR scum !!!

Outside of that, I hope it's a good sporting game, the chaps from Dublin enjoy themselves, and the travelling fans are treated with respect, dignity and are invited into our homes and our hearts ! :D :D

Éanna
09/01/2003, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
It's been another terrible season, lightened up only by the form of John O Flynn and the umm.. floodlights.
without o´flynn´s goals, and devine´s form, we´d be 8th or 9th i reckon. OUT

Real ale Madrid
09/01/2003, 2:40 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that without J.O'F. we would be deep in a relegation battle. If he goes in the close season then were in trouble.

Pablo
09/01/2003, 2:43 PM
i wouldnt go that far but i certainly think we'd be mid table

Éanna
09/01/2003, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
i wouldnt go that far but i certainly think we'd be mid table think about it, basically everyone below us and rovers is involved in the battle to avoid the playoff- and are still not safe.

patsh
09/01/2003, 3:03 PM
I think Reynolds and Greg were just as vital this season as J O'F and Mickey D.

Colm
09/01/2003, 3:04 PM
Originally posted by dalo
personally I think it's a scandal we haven't finished a lot higher up and losing flynn next season ain't going to make things any better I agree completely Dalo. A season which started off with such promise has turned into a bit of a farce. I mean for the first couple of months there was a very realistic chance that we could do the double, now however we will probably be delighted if we finish third.

Shane
09/01/2003, 6:45 PM
Have to agree with Oddboy on this. Rennie and Greg have been superb as well. I don't like the sound of Rennie heading to Waaaaaaterfor should be come up which looks a cert....anybody have any news on that?

patsh
09/01/2003, 6:49 PM
I suppose Rennie moving to Port Lairge depends on his contract, as they would hardly buy him out??
Anyone know how long he is contracted for?

Shane
09/01/2003, 6:54 PM
Just checked the dark side...'city net', signed on a two year deal.

Dricky
10/01/2003, 8:16 AM
inter toto.... the cup for the away fans!!!!!!!!
Uefa cup minimum jjust 'cause gunther gave up along time ago doesn't mean we should accept that as our faith we won Nothing squat nada...
that is not good enough the silverware brings the money into the club we should be aiming for that as its not like we don't players.

This year has been good for some individuals in the team but otherwise a failure thats not good enough he has had his chance Gunther OUT

patsh
10/01/2003, 2:01 PM
Cork City v Shamrock Rovers

A key game in the battle for the InterToto places with the winners, if there are any, securing an advantage over their rivals. City have Greg O'Halloran back from suspension and the former under-21 international may return to the right side of midfield although manager Liam Murphy may opt to stick with the team that beat Bray 3-1 last time out.

Rovers are without suspended midfielder Luke Dimech but Richie Byrne is available after serving his ban. Pat Deans is also in contention after regaining fitness.

Last two seasons: 01/02: City 2 Rovers 1, Rovers 1 City 3, City 0 Rovers 2; 02/03: City 3 Rovers 2, Rovers 4 City 1.

Leading scorers: City: O'Flynn (14); Rovers: Hunt (10).
League form: City: WWDLW; Rovers: LWLWW.
Betting: Home: 11/10, Draw: 9/4, Away: 2/1.
Referee: J O'Neill (Waterford).

Éanna
10/01/2003, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by Shane
Have to agree with Oddboy on this. Rennie and Greg have been superb as well. I don't like the sound of Rennie heading to Waaaaaaterfor should be come up which looks a cert....anybody have any news on that?
they have been excellent, I suppose it´s just that even if they´d worked as hard as they have and we hadn´t had o´flynn to put it in the net it would have been a muich worse season. Rennie is my player of the year anyway

Johnny
12/01/2003, 2:36 PM
If JOF wasn't in the team then maybe CP O'Brien or Stephen O'Flynn would be banging in the goals, who knows ? Take Crowe and Hunt out of the Bohs team and what are you left with ? Quit the constant moaning. What were people expecting at the start of the season anyway :confused: