PDA

View Full Version : Takeover sees Kerr return to Saints

A face
13/03/2007, 9:08 PM
Takeover sees Kerr return to Saints

Former Irish international manager Brian Kerr has returned to his former club Saint Patrick's Athletic to take up a director of football role. The move comes as part of changes brought on by a takeover of the club by local developer Garrett Kelleher who has pledged to continue redevelopment work at Richmond Park, Inchicore.

Kelleher is the founder of Shelbourne Development who have worldwide interests. First team manager John McDonnell's position is unaffected by Kerr's appointment.

Taken from www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6089)

A face
13/03/2007, 9:10 PM
Johnny’s job is safe – Kerr

Brian Kerr, the new Director of Football at eircom League club St Patrick’s Athletic, insists Johnny McDonnell’s job as Saints manager is not under threat following today’s developments at Richmond Park. Kerr, who guided Saints to two League of Ireland crowns in the 1990s, has returned to the club as part of the takeover by Dublin businessman Garrett Kelleher. The news inevitably sparked speculation on the future of McDonnell, who has been at the helm for the past three years.

But Kerr insists McDonnell – who was part of the side which Kerr led to the League crown 11 years ago – will be staying in the Inchicore hotseat. He said: “My new role at the club will be ’Director of Football’ and straight away let me say that there will be no problem working with our manager John McDonnell. “John and I have worked together in the past and he won’t have to be looking over his shoulder if the club hit a bad run of results.”

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26909)

Saint MacDara
13/03/2007, 11:09 PM
Good news on all fronts,Kerr always had the best interests of the club at heart.
The cash injection and expertise from Kelleher should get the stand at the turnstile end built sooner rather than later.
New dawn for Pats

Murpholini
14/03/2007, 6:47 PM
With a passionate boardroom and now a willing investor the club is going in the right direction. A new camera gantry on the camac would be great as i have never liked the way the terrace has been divided into two parts because of the present one.